Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

thanks for the concern , but i suggest you worry about your own country first . #proudtobeapakistani :scooter: on another note who invited rehman malik on indian republic day function:haha:
Ah, that farting scooter is the perfect icon for pride for Pakistan.

Why? Because he chose to express a few difficulties he faced?
No. But there is expressing views and then there is whining and then there is playing the victim card. I think his has been 3rd stage now for some time. PS. I have great admiration for Sharukh's achievements. Although, he still sucks as an actor in my books.

Rehman Malik modifies statement on Shahrukh Khan http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/india-hits-back-at-pak-over-shah-rukh-khan-security/article4356959.ece

With his remark that "the Indian government should provide security to actor Shahrukh Khan" kicking up a controversy in India, Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Tuesday modified his statement. In a tweet posted towards evening, Mr. Malik said, "Shahrukh Khan is equally famous in Pakistan and India. I am sure that threats to Mr. S. Khan are being handled as per the relevant Indian law." This tweet was posted after Indian Home Secretary R. K. Singh said India was capable of looking after its own and Mr. Malik should worry about the security of Pakistani citizens.

The reason Pakistanis jump at statements from Indian muslims about mistreatment/discrimination is that it in their mind it serves to validate the basic premise for the creation of Pakistan. The concept of Pakistan was marketed to the common muslim on the single point that they would suffer "under" the Hindu rule in an undivided India. The thought that the average Indian muslim is safer and as free to practice his religion as the average Pakistani muslim is anathema to them.

The reason Pakistanis jump at statements from Indian muslims about mistreatment/discrimination is that it in their mind it serves to validate the basic premise for the creation of Pakistan. The concept of Pakistan was marketed to the common muslim on the single point that they would suffer "under" the Hindu rule in an undivided India. The thought that the average Indian muslim is safer and as free to practice his religion as the average Pakistani muslim is anathema to them.
OMGGGG. Dude the is like the most accurate statement ever. Accurate and well written. If there is a hall of fame for best posts on ICF, this one belongs there. +100 :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

No. But there is expressing views and then there is whining and then there is playing the victim card. I think his has been 3rd stage now for some time. PS. I have great admiration for Sharukh's achievements. Although, he still sucks as an actor in my books.
Have you even read the interview? Where was he playing the 'victim card'? A political party ( and a mainstream one, in Mumbai) takes out rallies against you, tries to delay the release of your film and threatens cinema houses with dire action hence causing massive losses of revenue, while at the same time a pracharaks of the same party exhorts you to go Pakistan. So if I understand right,you are supposed to be mum about it, even when explicitly asked about the same events? Else you are playing the victim card? I kind of like this deductive lemma. Uma Bharti's statement seems to be an advanced application of the same 'logic'.

Interesting way to brush under the carpet the srk discussion and how he manipulates being a muslim to suit his agenda and money making exercises. If you want to put up that smoke screen fine:two_thumbs_up:
KT, The statement that you've quoted was in a press conference after the interview, which many people took offense to, without reading it in its entirety. The aim of the press conference was to clear misconceptions on the interview and to tell the Pakistani foreign minister that he and his family have never been threatened in India. Here is the excerpt:
My own family and friends are like a mini India... where all religions, professions and a few wrongs included, are treated with tolerance and understanding and regard for each other. I stand indebted to my audience in my country and around the world. It is sad that I have to say it to prove it, in my country, which my father fought for, during the Independence struggle
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/i-was-forced-to-reiterate-my-patriotism-shah-rukh-khan/20130130.htm What exactly is your grouse?