Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

For the record' date=' I feel like this is all a well-orchestrated publicity stunt by our man SRK. You dont get to be king of Bollywood for 15+ without knowing how to keep yourself in the news. [b']He probably exactly knew what he was getting into, when he gave the interview.
Yes. And maybe we all should, me and you included. The next time you are flying from India into US, watch how you pass through Security Gates in India twice. Once the normal routine, the second when you are at the gate and the "TSA" will re-search you. All this on Indian soil. Try to force that in US please. That outside of Air India Gates Indian security agencies will re-search passengers before they onboard. See how the entire US goes bananas. Just because it is in our national DNA to bend over backwards does not mean that every single Indian beleives that way. Sure SRK may have used different choice of words but his premise that people are being racially profiled is not inaccurate. You just have accepted it as the price to pay for living in the West, he does not. There in lies the difference.

Yes. And maybe we all should, me and you included. The next time you are flying from India into US, watch how you pass through Security Gates in India twice. Once the normal routine, the second when you are at the gate and the "TSA" will re-search you. All this on Indian soil. Try to force that in US please. That outside of Air India Gates Indian security agencies will re-search passengers before they onboard. See how the entire US goes bananas. Just because it is in our national DNA to bend over backwards does not mean that every single Indian beleives that way. Sure SRK may have used different choice of words but his premise that people are being racially profiled is not inaccurate. You just have accepted it as the price to pay for living in the West, he does not. There in lies the difference.
Racial profiling should occur. If security people treated a white nun of 80 years old the same as 10 taliban looking figures walking of a plane form pakistan , they would be seriously dumb. SRK got stopped about the time of his film my name is kahn coming out. How convienet. The indian officals all came running to his aid to object and protest, how nice for him. The media went nuts supporting him as well. So when does he do, moan like a bit'ch not just about yanks but India. Ungrateful sod. Deport him to pakistan asap and he can live with dawwod ibrahim and hafeez sayed. Under same pakistan patronage of army and govt like those 2 a holes do.

What I find interesting is that when someone like SRK, a Muslim, raises his concerns in a perfectly innocent and peaceful way, everyone is busy making fun of him. Is not that what we all want? That Muslims should raise their concerns in a peaceful manner leading to an intelligent discussions so that we could find the root of the problem and the solutions? However, when Muslims take the more aggressive approach, we always ask why they can't sit down and have a peaceful discussion. We should stop laughing and try to figure out what the problem is. In stead, we are further harassing him. It applies to other minorities as well. When poor farmers from rural India were screaming about their problems, we never listened. Now that Naxalites are bent on killing, we are accusing the villagers of taking the wrong path. The fact is that when someone from a minority class peacefully complains about something, we just chose to ignore.

What I find interesting is that when someone like SRK' date= a Muslim, raises his concerns in a perfectly innocent and peaceful way, everyone is busy making fun of him. Is not that what we all want? That Muslims should raise their concerns in a peaceful manner leading to an intelligent discussions so that we could find the root of the problem and the solutions? However, when Muslims take the more aggressive approach, we always ask why they can't sit down and have a peaceful discussion. We should stop laughing and try to figure out what the problem is. In stead, we are further harassing him. It applies to other minorities as well. When poor farmers from rural India were screaming about their problems, we never listened. Now that Naxalites are bent on killing, we are accusing the villagers of taking the wrong path. The fact is that when someone from a minority class peacefully complains about something, we just chose to ignore.
Because somewhere we all stopped listening and just want to argue. If I raise a question about what women have done, I am tagged sexist. Abbe haramiyon atleast hear me out. SRK made a very pertinent point about US. Folks with surname McVeigh are never profiled even though Timothy Mcveigh brought down FBI building in Oklahoma. Why are folks with Khan surname profiled? How can India become a mature society if we are too busy casting judgements and don't have enough time to listen??

"SRK made a very pertinent point about US. Folks with surname McVeigh are never profiled even though Timothy Mcveigh brought down FBI building in Oklahoma. Why are folks with Khan surname profiled" Arre bhai this point has been belabored millions of times since 9/11. Nothing to see here. Aap jaise pseudos ke dimaag mein nahi ghusega ki why McVeigh shouldn't be profiled but khans are. Because aap andhe ho is mamle mein.

What I find interesting is that when someone like SRK, a Muslim, raises his concerns in a perfectly innocent and peaceful way, everyone is busy making fun of him. Is not that what we all want? That Muslims should raise their concerns in a peaceful manner leading to an intelligent discussions so that we could find the root of the problem and the solutions? However, when Muslims take the more aggressive approach, we always ask why they can't sit down and have a peaceful discussion. We should stop laughing and try to figure out what the problem is. In stead, we are further harassing him.
Some of us maybe don't see it as a problem. I'm fully with him on his struggles against our local goons of Mumbai but cannot understand the airport security nonsense. For all its faults, the TSA of America isn't some KKK. Al Gore of all people had to pass through additional screening.

What I find interesting is that when someone like SRK, a Muslim, raises his concerns in a perfectly innocent and peaceful way, everyone is busy making fun of him. Is not that what we all want? That Muslims should raise their concerns in a peaceful manner leading to an intelligent discussions so that we could find the root of the problem and the solutions? However, when Muslims take the more aggressive approach, we always ask why they can't sit down and have a peaceful discussion.
Can you tell for what issues peaceful and innocent concerns were raised and ignored and then later an aggressive approach was taken ?

Osama (RIP) peacefully proposed applying Shariah in NYC and when refused' date=' bombed the **** out of Twin towers.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Soon India will receive a copy of that application with Gazwa-e-Hind threat letter attached with that :giggle:

0.jpg I missed out this gentleman's interview in Outlook about a muslim living in post-9/11 era. Please forward to me.
APJ never raised any brouhaha about anything under the sun. Does that make him a great man? You have got to be kidding me there Coffee saab.

Arre bhai this point has been belabored millions of times since 9/11. Nothing to see here. Aap jaise pseudos ke dimaag mein nahi ghusega ki why McVeigh shouldn't be profiled but khans are. Because aap andhe ho is mamle mein.
Like I have mentioned at a different time, you should perhaps limit yourself at attempts at humor. Serious discussion is not your cup of thing. The only pseudo thing here is perhaps you. To my knowledge none of the Liberals in US ever support racial profiling of any kind. Only an Indian "liberal" attempts to defend their pay masters. Job well done :two_thumbs_up:

Osama (RIP) peacefully proposed applying Shariah in NYC and when refused' date=' bombed the **** out of Twin towers.[/quote'] That argument totally flattens me. Real proud of the wit and intelligence. Who cares about SRK when our netizens are so witty. :nice:

Ah poor muslims. Shame muslims dont jump up and down and sort their own countries out first. Where things are 10000 times worse. Be a minority in a muslim country and then see discrimination, prejudice and villification. Quite rightly islamic passengers are more scrutinised then non islamic passengers. As the muslims are commitiing the terrorist acts. All time of profiling must go on as then valubale poilce/security resources are not wasted seeking a ridiculous pc fairness. Look when young dudes are walking down the street together and on other side is 80 year old granny, of course the police scrutinise the youngsters and rightly so.

APJ never raised any brouhaha about anything under the sun. Does that make him a great man? You have got to be kidding me there Coffee saab.
Yes, he is a great man for me. Greater than a 100 SRKs who cries and moans about the one place where he is famous. SRK should take lessons from him. Even Aamir Khan was held over in LA airport. What is so special about SRK's profiling? He didn't follow some procedures when he went around with his posse, was asked a couple more questions. His highness shouldn't be asked a few questions just because he is famous in India, doesn't mean a security guard in TSA will know about the great actor. Even hollywood actors get frisked like common men. If he makes movies like MNIK, and hugs and kisses Pakistanis players, gives out statements like "Pakistan is a great neighbor to have", it will irk a few sainik nutters won't it? Now he goes around giving interviews complaining about a few nutjobs as if he has to endure this shame every day!