ABDV thrashes Dale Steyn for 23 runs in an over

Jersey #10

yes... over all ab is better i don know abt his test stats though (talking abt jaya.. he has 300 or few 200 im sure) but still ab is better overall or atleast i like his style of batting more :--D
You guys have not seen enough of Jaya then. As an Indian fan.. nobody has caused more mental scars than Jayasuriya. He has killed us literally everywhere for a period of time. I hated him.

You guys have not seen enough of Jaya then. As an Indian fan.. nobody has caused more mental scars than Jayasuriya. He has killed us literally everywhere for a period of time. I hated him.
i have,... :( i remember zaheer getting raped :P but scoring against us on flat track is not a big deal imho :hysterical: if he was tht gr8 against australia or some other good team then i would ve rated him high he was too inconsistent over all

bangalore is the flattest pitch on earth though. the ball just holds its line here and batsmen can do whatever they want. even in the world cup you had india and england playing out a 670 run tie, and teams like kenya were able to make 260+ against the aussie bowlers its just a batting paradise that neuters the guys that have the misfortune of bowling on it

So then hopefully AB will attract bigger bids at next year's auction. Selfish bastard eyeing the $2 million bracket to join the mighty ranks of Jaddu and Yusuf.
:giggle:
Are you kidding me? Steyn bowled pretty well in that over. He got the yorker right as well. It was all ABDV's class and brute force.
Why would I kid you? :hmmm: This is not the first time Steyn has failed to get the job done. RR anybody?

2.1 Shoaib Akhtar to Uthappa, 1 run, Shoaib fires the ball in from wide of the crease, Uthappa jumps back and across and fends the ball towards the leg side, he calls Jayasuriya through for the quick single 2.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, FOUR, Shoaib gives Jayasuriya a tiny bit of room outside off and that's all he needs to uses his forearms and drives the ball hard through cover off the back foot, he's not timed it well but the ball still goes over the boundary 2.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, SIX, shot! Stunning stuff! Jayasuriya moves a fraction across his stumps and picks Shoaib off his pads and deposits him over the long leg boundary, that was hit hard and flat with a lot of bottom hand and it just cleared the boundary 2.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, 2 runs, Shoaib pitches short and Jayasuriya pulls the ball along the ground through midwicket Shoaib goes round the wicket. 2.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, FOUR, too full and too wide outside off stump, Jayasuriya leans into it and powers the ball over extra cover with a full and free swing of his bat, the ball bounces once before going over the boundary 2.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, SIX, incredible incredible shot! Shoaib goes back over the wicket and bowls a short of a length delivery on leg and middle, Jayasuriya moves across his stumps and plays a short arm pull that sends the ball soaring over deep midwicket
I do see your point and not taking anything away from Jayasuriya's ability to smack bowlers around when he was at his destructive best. But Shoaib Akhtar is hardly the destructive bowler by 2008/09. Also, overall as a Bowler, he is never talked in same terms to the likes of bowlers I listed in my original post. On the other hand, Steyn elicits the comparison with the best of any era as a complete bowler. For me, ABDV is on a higher plane than that of Jaysuriya because he can hit even good balls for sixers.

ABDV :hatsoff: Probably the only guy who is great in all formats of the game and in any conditions.
His international T20 record is still not that great. Avge of 24 and SR of 119. Rightnow he is in absolute peak form.Will be interesting to see what he does when he plays for SA.

i have,... :( i remember zaheer getting raped :P but scoring against us on flat track is not a big deal imho :hysterical: if he was tht gr8 against australia or some other good team then i would ve rated him high he was too inconsistent over all
He scored 140 or something against Oz in Sydney. But I don't think Pidge played in that match.

Jayasuriya redefined himself half way thru his career, he was selected on his bowling. If started off they way he finished his ODI numbers would have been even more superior. Though would been average in tests. His IPL stats are quite impressive though.

While some people are busy salivating over Sanath in an ABDV thread, here are some stats from this IPL vs RR - AB de Villiers 59*(23) SR- 256.52 vs KXIP - AB de Villiers 52(39) SR - 133.33 vs Pune - AB de Villiers 33(14) SR - 235.71 vs DD - AB de Villiers 64(42) SR - 152.38 vs DC - AB de Villiers 47(17) SR - 276.47 Seems like some match winning knocks...hmm! might be a good player, dontchya think?

While some people are busy salivating over Sanath in an ABDV thread, here are some stats from this IPL vs RR - AB de Villiers 59*(23) SR- 256.52 vs KXIP - AB de Villiers 52(39) SR - 133.33 vs Pune - AB de Villiers 33(14) SR - 235.71 vs DD - AB de Villiers 64(42) SR - 152.38 vs DC - AB de Villiers 47(17) SR - 276.47 Seems like some match winning knocks...hmm! might be a good player, dontchya think?
We are all in a daze after that AB whirlwind, just trying to get a handle on things by grabbing onto any Tom, dick and Harry.

lol so ABDV rips apart someone who has already been raped more than a few times in IPLs (by the likes of dhoni, hodge etc) and ABDV is suddenly the greatest hitter ever? i like to see him doing that on pitches in england and australia, against quality attacks then we'll talk. not saying AB is a bad bat, he's becoming awesome with his surge in the past 2 years or so, but way too early to label him with tags.

lol so ABDV rips apart someone who has already been raped more than a few times in IPLs (by the likes of dhoni' date=' hodge etc) and ABDV is suddenly the greatest hitter ever? i like to see him doing that on pitches in england and australia, against quality attacks then we'll talk.[/quote'] abdv is indian ? :woot: