The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

That mostly true, but it is due to the fact that Indian judiciary, especially the lower courts, is in a terrible shape. And this is only after any meaningful, unbiased investigation, which is rarely done. However, there has been a drastic improvement in the handling of riot related cases. For example many convictions have happened in the Kandhamal riots cases. In Gujarat 2002, many more convictions have taken place with a good fraction sentences of more than 10 years. The fact is that for the first time in India, for a riot case, a sitting Chief Minsiter and his administration have been investigated in such detail by an independent investigative agency, SIT - a body which has obtained many of the convictions for the most serious riot cases. It is disingenuous to lump the SIT with previous investigations into 1984 etc which were nowhere as thorough and closely scrutinized.
Glad you accepted the fact that no one with any degree of power has been convicted and served time. Given that it's puzzling how you can put so much faith into some SIT, but anyhow it's your opinion that SIT is fair and mine is that it is not - it's just another way for the corrupt Indian system to rear it's ugly head.

Glad you accepted the fact that no one with any degree of power has been convicted and served time. Given that it's puzzling how you can put so much faith into some SIT' date=' but anyhow it's your opinion that SIT is fair and mine is that it is not - it's just another way for the corrupt Indian system to rear it's ugly head.[/quote']I said that is mostly true that influential people have been let off in the past. But as far as the SIT in Gujarat is concerned, it is prosecuting several influential people. Mayaben Kodnani was a minister in the Gujarat government when she was chargesheeted by the SIT for her role in the riots. Again, in her case she is accused of leading a riotous mob as per eyewitnesses on the ground just like in the case of Sajjan Kumar and Tytler, except that she has been chargesheeted. SIT has already obtained more than 100 convictions in serious 2002 riot cases, much more than any other riot in India. You have not provided any objective justification as to why you have no faith in the SIT.

Which idiots have u been talking to?dont paint an entire community with the same brush. Im not muslim but i've seen guys who are just as patriotic as u and me.
This. I have seen and known some great muslims. I find their tolerance, patriotism etc no less than yours and mine. Lets not bring all of them under 1 roof. Very select few are the issue, especially current youth is getting carried out away because of the information spreading on the internet. At least online there should be massive support for good citizens. Bad apples can be ingored.

Cool, glad you pointed that out. The thing is, i simply don't believe that the riots of 2002 could have reached the scale they did if people in control of Gujurat were not either careless or complicit. Surely Modi could have asked for outside help if he felt that the police and other security forces in Gujurat could quell the violence. He can never be the PM with such a black mark against his name.
In the India Today Conclave in 2008, Modi and Digvijay Singh were debating about the riot and then Modi asked this question: Diggi Raja when I asked for extra police force during riot from MP of which you were CM at that time do you remember what answer you gave and beleive me Digvijay singh was really embarrased to hear this question and he did not replied.

I said that is mostly true that influential people have been let off in the past. But as far as the SIT in Gujarat is concerned, it is prosecuting several influential people. Mayaben Kodnani was a minister in the Gujarat government when she was chargesheeted by the SIT for her role in the riots. Again, in her case she is accused of leading a riotous mob as per eyewitnesses on the ground just like in the case of Sajjan Kumar and Tytler, except that she has been chargesheeted. SIT has already obtained more than 100 convictions in serious 2002 riot cases, much more than any other riot in India. You have not provided any objective justification as to why you have no faith in the SIT.
Arre yaar, call me cynical or whatever, no SIT or **** can give me any confidence in the Indian judicial system. You might be right in saying that the SIT is more impartial than others, but even so it can only reach up to a certain degree of power, if you believe that the SIT is powerful enough to convict a standing CM of one of the most high profile states of India, I stand back and concede.

Arre yaar' date=' call me cynical or whatever, no SIT or **** can give me any confidence in the Indian judicial system. You might be right in saying that the SIT is more impartial than others, but even so it can only reach up to a certain degree of power, if you believe that the SIT is powerful enough to convict a standing CM of one of the most high profile states of India, I stand back and concede.[/quote']I urge you to browse through the final report of the SIT, it is a really thorough job and exposes what sort of machinations went on (from forging fax messages to strategising with Congress leaders, journalists and the media) simply to somehow nail Modi.

From the information that I have gathered, I believe Modi cannot be as such blamed for those riots and aftermath of Godra. May be at the most you can say that he didn't do enough to stop it. I cannot totally reveal lot but my vote goes to him for mere development of the country. Having said that death of 2k muslims will equally heart me as much as 60 ppl died in that train, thousands in 84 riots and countless in other incidences. Culprits should be punished. Congress and its supporters should be the last one to blame Modi for what happened in Gujarat. They have been after him for last 10 years. Surprisingly not much has come out from all these investigations. I think its enough time for something substantial to have surfaced against him. But, if he has any involvement whatsoever in the death of even 1 person then probably I wont opt him or anone for tht matter. CONGO, no way. They killed common man for 60 years.

Congress can't prove in the court that Modi orchestrated the riots but they always make faces and call him an evil person, I don't agree with them but somehow understood that they do have a valid point against him as many Muslims died and state didn't do enough to protect, but then there is mr dig vijay who says anything and everything that comes to his pea brain. Still I thought its politics and Chalo this is the worst buy today I heard/saw Mr Iyer say that team Anna is communal and all it's leadership is corrupt from Anna (for banning alcohal and beating up people, which he did many decades ago and was stupid) to Kiran bedi. So whom do we believe, congress when they protected Tytyler ( defense that he himself was born in a Sikh family and was later adopted) and sajjan kumar to digvijay. I have myself seen what people were doing to sikhs on that horrible day in 84, I have known many families who relocated with nothing when they moved from j&k. I have seen riots in Meerut and moradabad and I know that no one is clean. It's just sad and I just hope that my kids never have see some of the things I saw

Congress can't prove in the court that Modi orchestrated the riots but they always make faces and call him an evil person' date=' I don't agree with them but somehow understood that they do have a valid point against him as many Muslims died and state didn't do enough to protect, but then there is mr dig vijay who says anything and everything that comes to his pea brain. Still I thought its politics and Chalo this is the worst buy today[b'] I heard/saw Mr Iyer say that team Anna is communal and all it's leadership is corrupt from Anna (for banning alcohal and beating up people, which he did many decades ago and was stupid) to Kiran bedi. So whom do we believe, congress when they protected Tytyler ( defense that he himself was born in a Sikh family and was later adopted) and sajjan kumar to digvijay. I have myself seen what people were doing to sikhs on that horrible day in 84, I have known many families who relocated with nothing when they moved from j&k. I have seen riots in Meerut and moradabad and I know that no one is clean. It's just sad and I just hope that my kids never have see some of the things I saw
Iyer is a proverbial idiot if ever there was one. Anna party are lot of things but not communal.

Convicting people guilty of inciting riots which led to the death of hundreds or thousands is a witch hunt? :hysterical:
but she didnt convicted Tytler or Sajjan kumar..even betetr they are enjoying power in con-gress

]Congress can't prove in the court that Modi orchestrated the riots but they always make faces and call him an evil person, I don't agree with them but somehow understood that they do have a valid point against him as many Muslims died and state didn't do enough to protect, but then there is mr dig vijay who says anything and everything that comes to his pea brain. Still I thought its politics and Chalo this is the worst buy today I heard/saw Mr Iyer say that team Anna is communal and all it's leadership is corrupt from Anna (for banning alcohal and beating up people, which he did many decades ago and was stupid) to Kiran bedi. So whom do we believe, congress when they protected Tytyler ( defense that he himself was born in a Sikh family and was later adopted) and sajjan kumar to digvijay. I have myself seen what people were doing to sikhs on that horrible day in 84, I have known many families who relocated with nothing when they moved from j&k. I have seen riots in Meerut and moradabad and I know that no one is clean. It's just sad and I just hope that my kids never have see some of the things I saw
Was he ever considered to have orchestrated the riots. My understanding was that he simply did not do enough to stop it.

Was he ever considered to have orchestrated the riots. My understanding was that he simply did not do enough to stop it.
I think they started by accusing him or orchestrating the riots and then couldn't prove it so changed to "not doing enough" but still in the interviews congressis openly blame him for starting the riots as well as not doing enough to protect Muslims. I personally dislike him the same way I hate sajjan kumar and co

Golden words are not repeated New Delhi/Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who on Tuesday sparked of the prime ministerial candidate debate by indirectly saying that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was unacceptable as the PM, has stood by his statement, saying, golden words are not repeated. When asked about his comments of the Prime Ministerial candidate, the Janata Dal United leader said, "I have said what I had to. Golden words are not repeated." "It was an interview (to an English daily). I don't need to give an interview again," Kumar said ignoring a volley of questions by the media after emerging from a Cabinet meeting. In an interview to the 'Economic Times', Nitish Kumar had insisted that the NDA should name its Prime Ministerial candidate before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and the candidate must have secular credentials and a liberal frame of mind. Even as Nitish stayed away from taking names, JD(U) leader Devesh Chandra Thakur came out strongly against Modi. When asked if the JD(U) will part ways with the BJP if Modi is chosen, Thakur said, "Absolutely, there is no doubt about it. If a leader with a communal image is projected we will object and we will part ways." The JD(U) objection comes close on the heels of the party opposing BJP's strategy of a contest against UPA's Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee. The Nitish-Modi rivalry has been on a high for the past few days. Modi took a dig at politicians from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar for what the Gujarat Chief Minister calls resorting to caste based politics. Nitish had then said that Modi, who has been a constant irritant in the JD(U)-BJP coalition ties in Bihar, should mind his own business instead of making comments on others. "One should think about one's own situation (Bihar par tippani karne walon ko apne halaat ke bare me sochana chahiye)", he had told reporters in reply to a question when asked for his reaction to Modi's remarks targeting Bihar leaders. NDA's key ally Shiv Sena has also backed Nitish saying that the NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate should be announced before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by the NDA collectively and not just the BJP. "I agree with what Nitish Kumar has said. The NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate should be announced well before 2014. I agree with Nitish that the decision has to be of the NDA collectively and not the BJP alone. All allies like the JDU, Akali Dal have to be on board," Raut said. The Shiv Sena has also openly come out in Pranab's support in the race for the President's post, even as the BJP is keen on a contest against Pranab. Even as Nitish Kumar got talking about the NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, the state's Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said it was too early to talk about it. "I do not know what has been said. The 2014 elections are far away, it's too early to talk about them. The Prime Ministerial candidate will be decided by the party and then the NDA. The Prime Ministerial candidate will be decided by the NDA and not the BJP," Modi said. Denying any rift within the NDA, Modi said, "The NDA alliance is not in danger in Bihar, it is strong here." The Congress has also welcomed Nitish Kumar's demand for a secular Prime Minister. "Be it the NDA or any party, if they emphasise that our Prime Minister should be secular, then it's a welcome thing," Law Minister Salman Khurshid said. The BJP, who in the recent past was seen attacking the UPA for its internal infighting, now seems to have been caught in the same situation. Its allies are taking independent stands and the anti-Modi wave appears to be splitting the NDA indicating the formation of a possible third front. Meanwhile, Gujarat BJP leader and former Gujarat chief minister Keshubhai Patel met senior BJP leader LK Advani in Delhi expressing his anti-Modi sentiments. Keshubhai's aide Sanjay Joshi had to quit the BJP after pressure from Modi. The anti-Modi wave has evidently left the NDA divided. http://ibnlive.in.com/news/golden-words-are-not-repeated-nitish-on-modi/266877-37-64.html

Bihar pe tippani karne waalon ko apne haalat par sochna chahiye! Wah! Jiyo Nitish Kumar. Modi will receive a big fat ghanta from Bihar. Good to see BJP getting their rear end handed to them. Even Modi's Chacha Advani was arrested when doing his Rath-Yatra at Samastipur (perhaps the only good thing Laloo ever did).