Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

Let me be un-PC for a bit... Kannada Girls are by far the most beautiful and charming girls among all Southies...there is no competition...Cant say the same about the Kannada heroes though. Case in point "Puneet Raj Kumar" Until this present hava of putting in Bumbaiya white skinned beauties..... Southern films used to have mostly Kannada beauties.
So beautiful and charming = northie looking. Thanks for un-PCing it . :cantstop:

Who are these great north indian beauties ruling in the south indian movie industry?Of now only Hansika and Tamannah come to mind.If anyone can make that claim its the mallus who have always had a number of actresses here.Now u have a greater number of southie girls in bollywood. Pk ur question can be interpreted thus"Dont the dark skinned southie girls get offended seeing the fair northie girls in movies?"And the answer is no,because there are lots of movies where dark skinned girls are heroines as and when required by the script. The average box office grosser is intended to catch the attention of the youth and its done by casting fair skinned girls whether southie or northie. How many dark skinned girls have we seen in bollywood,or is Kajol the only aspiring dark skinned beauty to approach bollywood in decades?

Who are these great north indian beauties ruling in the south indian movie industry?Of now only Hansika and Tamannah come to mind.If anyone can make that claim its the mallus who have always had a number of actresses here.Now u have a greater number of southie girls in bollywood. Pk ur question can be interpreted thus"Dont the dark skinned southie girls get offended seeing the fair northie girls in movies?"And the answer is no,because there are lots of movies where dark skinned girls are heroines as and when required by the script. The average box office grosser is intended to catch the attention of the youth and its done by casting fair skinned girls whether southie or northie. How many dark skinned girls have we seen in bollywood,or is Kajol the only aspiring dark skinned beauty to approach bollywood in decades?
Acceptance or being offended is not the issue. It's about having a healthy self-image which is influenced by the media you consume. They may not hate it or be offended by it but it would certainly affect them. And don't you find it strange that south movies don't star south heroines unless the script requires it? Shouldn't it be the opposite? And if southie youth prefer fair-skinned girls then isn't that racist? Why then are they the first ones to shout racist at others at the drop of a hat as evidenced on ICF regularly.

Acceptance or being offended is not the issue. It's about having a healthy self-image which is influenced by the media you consume. They may not hate it or be offended by it but it would certainly affect them. And don't you find it strange that south movies don't star south heroines unless the script requires it? Shouldn't it be the opposite? And if southie youth prefer fair-skinned girls then isn't that racist? Why then are they the first ones to shout racist at others at the drop of a hat as evidenced on ICF regularly.
It's not just southie youth man,we as a country for some reason are obsessed with fair skin as proved by the fairness creams sales.And ur argument of the media as an indicator of self-image,have u watched that serial(Bidaai i think)where the girl faces problems because she's dark.So now would u agree that northies are equally racist?

Here's the thing. Given that southies are overall dark-skinned at a higher concentration than the northie population if there is anything to be done to deal with racism (from light-skinned to dark-skinned) it should come from the south. Instead they are propagating the same racist attitudes among themselves.

No it is not racist. I don't know what is going on in your head, but there are fair-skinned southies too. Southies do not see fair-skin as a northie thing, if that's what you are thinking. Just because you see it that way does not mean everybody see it that way. Your comments reek of the ignorance I was talking about in the other thread.

derkin, I am curious why northie heroines are preferred in southie movies. The answer I got from posters was skewed towards the opinion that it was because they were fair-skinned. So you tell me; it's certainly not something that's going on in my head. I'm also ignorant of the other thread you are referring to. :dontknow:

Here's the thing. Given that southies are overall dark-skinned at a higher concentration than the northie population if there is anything to be done to deal with racism (from light-skinned to dark-skinned) it should come from the south. Instead they are propagating the same racist attitudes among themselves.
Again u constitute the preference for fair skin in movies as racism.I already told u there are movies where dark skinned girls are cast as heroines.People think fair skinned girls are more beautiful that doesnt mean they run away from dark skinned girls,sneha,amala paul etc are dark skinned. Just read some of the posts in this thread and u will get a good idea of who is racist

derkin, I am curious why northie heroines are preferred in southie movies. The answer I got from posters was skewed towards the opinion that it was because they were fair-skinned. So you tell me; it's certainly not something that's going on in my head. I'm also ignorant of the other thread you are referring to. :dontknow:
Preference for fair-skin is not equal to racism. Just because the westerners equate skin color to race does not mean you have to use that definition blindly within India. I do not even think that when a light skinned person puts down a dark skinned person as racism. Its wrong and sad but its not racism. I am dark skinned and faced it myself. But its naive to think its racism considering the variation of skin color even within a typical Indian family.

Again u constitute the preference for fair skin in movies as racism.I already told u there are movies where dark skinned girls are cast as heroines.People think fair skinned girls are more beautiful that doesnt mean they run away from dark skinned girls,sneha,amala paul etc are dark skinned. Just read some of the posts in this thread and u will get a good idea of who is racist
Yes, I asked you why it is that southie heroines are cast in southie movies only if the script demands it? People thinking that fair-skinned girls are more beautiful is the problem, further deepened by the propagation of this stereotype in the very societies which are most affected by such prejudices. I remember roro posted amala paul's picture and I think she is a stunner. There is so much beauty in the south, why not celebrate it instead of side-lining it and furthering the fair-skinned agenda of downplaying dark-skinned beauty and asserting that white-skinned beauty is the only real beauty. And movies as one of the strongest vehicles of visual media are the creators of self-image and identity in a society. I think filmmakers should take this responsibility more seriously.

Northie heroines look no different from southern heroines in any typecast southern movies , so i guess southern masses cant differentiate between north and south heroines. Again most of the heroine roles are insignificant in mass movies and what they need is to show some skin in the songs. But now busty mallu heroines are ruling the roost. And northie heroines are MORE liberal in servicing producers , directors and heroes which is also a very important factor in getting roles in the movies. If i have plenty of money to burn i will become a producer . :giggity:

Yes, I asked you why it is that southie heroines are cast in southie movies only if the script demands it? People thinking that fair-skinned girls are more beautiful is the problem, further deepened by the propagation of this stereotype in the very societies which are most affected by such prejudices. I remember roro posted amala paul's picture and I think she is a stunner. There is so much beauty in the south, why not celebrate it instead of side-lining it and furthering the fair-skinned agenda of downplaying dark-skinned beauty and asserting that white-skinned beauty is the only real beauty. And movies as one of the strongest vehicles of visual media are the creators of self-image and identity in a society. I think filmmakers should take this responsibility more seriously.
I have a thing for women with large eyes(or big boobies) does this mean im prejudiced against all other women?U like dark skinned girls,thats great too. If i go around abusing my college mates calling them karuppi(kaali) and generally hating them then u can accuse me of being prejudiced. And Amala Paul has not been sidelined,she's acted in a number of movies recently though none of them were a big hit

I have a thing for women with large eyes(or big boobies) does this mean im prejudiced against all other women?U like dark skinned girls' date='thats great too.[/quote'] This isn't about individual preferences. Racism isn't about over-the-top verbal abusing, it's about being treated differently, about being made to feel because of institutionalized prejudices that you are not good enough because the colour of your skin isn't the right shade. Being fed the message that boys won't find you attractive or fall madly in love with you unless you are like this. That is great. If she isn't the current heartthrob for tamil youth then who is it?

South India has 4 film industries. There are many Northie girls scattered among numerous southern girls. There are hardly any Northie girls in Malayalam and Kannada movies. They are mostly in Telugu and Tamil Industries where there are girls from all over-Most of the Northie girls are there to expose themselves. The more meaningful roles are usually done by the Southern girls. Aishwariya Rai, Shilpa Shetty, Asin, Tabu, Vidya Balan are all Southern girls acting in Bollywood movies and doing a good job of it. The discussion seem to be completely ignoring them. Anyway this thread is going nowhere...:cantstop:

For me, acting skills are more important than looks. But most of the general public (the youth esp.) want to see fair skinned heroines on the big screen and if they can act well, it's just a bonus for them. Moreover, most of the Tamil movies still follow the same old formula - 5 songs, 4 fights, a few 'punch' dialogues and a family photo at the end. There really is no scope for acting for heroines, as the hero carries the entire film on his shoulders :phehehe: I don't really care who acts in such movies. South has produced some wonderful heroines (in terms of acting). Revathy, Saritha, Urvashi, Amala, Mamta Mohandas, Meera Jasmine, Anjali to name a few. Importing Northie heroines is mainly due to the looks rather than dearth of talent in South. PS: Kajal Agarwal, Shriya Saran, Hansika Motwami can't F'king act even if their lives depended on it (which is literally speaking). Presently, Anuska Shetty is the only Narthie South actress who can act.
Shettys are south indians , stop insulting us :finger: