Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

But choice of actresses is not entirely in the hands of audiences. It is in the hands of producers or directors sometimes actors..
Producers and Directors just cater public demand,can you imagine any film industry of India making a romantic film with Indian hero and African black heroine

Producers and Directors just cater public demand,can you imagine any film industry of India making a romantic film with Indian hero and African black heroine
Interesting point, so should African movies also star white women in leading roles?

Interesting point' date=' so should African movies also star white women in leading roles?[/quote'] You are missing the point. The reason northie actresses are cast in southie movies and vice versa is that they dont look too dissimilar and the average cine goer cant tell a southie actress from a northie one. They dont care as long as they are all pretty and fair (with few exceptions). Thats why Caucasian actresses are rarely cast in Indian movies, the audience wont be able to identify with them.

i never demanded a northie actress dude :cantstop: . I want a good actress north or south.

Interesting point' date=' so should African movies also star white women in leading roles?[/quote'] If black men fantasise white women then I am sure many African producer will take them ,but what I have just read about Nollywood(Nigerian film industry) I don't think there are many White actresses in African films. The fact is majority of films cater fantasies of men, so almost all cultures just want to show their man romancing with most beautiful girl ,beating 10-20 bad men.The man has to be their own but it does not matter from where the girl belong .The girl should be attractive from the point of view of people.

You are missing the point. The reason northie actresses are cast in southie movies and vice versa is that they dont look too dissimilar and the average cine goer cant tell a southie actress from a northie one. They dont care as long as they are all pretty and fair (with few exceptions). Thats why Caucasian actresses are rarely cast in Indian movies, the audience wont be able to identify with them.
Good post. If this doesn't get the message across I am not sure what will.

But choice of actresses is not entirely in the hands of audiences. It is in the hands of producers or directors sometimes actors..
Most of the times (top heroes i.e.) :--D
Shall I tell why??? Because Northies will do anything for money,shed their clothes I mean(no offence,its true!) They are always ready to give skin shows in skimpy outfits! This is the primary reason they feature in our cinemas
True, but the way you worded it didn't convey the point. Roll back the years, 90s was the decade when the mainstream heroines started showing their skin a lot. Previously, in the 80s and late 70s we used to have the "item" galz do that job while the heroines continued to show less/no skin at all. Most of the Tamil heroines in the 90s were not comfortable with the skin show. Also, when the fairer skinned womenz from the North were ready to go easy on their clothes, there really was no demand for Tamil galz in movies. Agreed, mainstream actresses (all Southies) showed off a bit in the MGR films. It might have been well ahead of its time, but it's nothing compared to 90s or at present. MGR - the man who introduced sexiness in Tamil movies :hail:

You are missing the point. The reason northie actresses are cast in southie movies and vice versa is that they dont look too dissimilar and the average cine goer cant tell a southie actress from a northie one. They dont care as long as they are all pretty and fair (with few exceptions). Thats why Caucasian actresses are rarely cast in Indian movies, the audience wont be able to identify with them.
Then why not cast Southie girls?

If black men fantasise white women then I am sure many African producer will take them ,but what I have just read about Nollywood(Nigerian film industry) I don't think there are many White actresses in African films. The fact is majority of films cater fantasies of men, so almost all cultures just want to show their man romancing with most beautiful girl ,beating 10-20 bad men.The man has to be their own but it does not matter from where the girl belong .The girl should be attractive from the point of view of people.
And why don't southie men find southie women attractive?

I really like to know which north Indian "fair skinned" actress made it real big in South India. You are telling things that are new.
Agreed. Apart from Simran and Kushboo (to some extent), the rest of 'em suck(ed) (literally) :agree:

I can't believe the amount of *****ing going on about the girl's 'virtues'. If they show skin they must be ****s. They get paid 25 lakhs minimum to prance around in front of the camera. If you told me you'd pay me 10 lakhs to take off my shirt for the camera I'd be on the flight by now. Just because you have dirty thoughts about it doesn't mean a rats ass to me.

Then why not cast Southie girls?
They do cast southie girls along with northies too. Its not dominated by any one region. Trisha, asin, priyamani, Anushka are southies. There is a definite bias towards fair skin and pretty young things, but thats about it. Its not a bias towards northies or against southies and since the audience cant tell the difference, the external influence is a non-issue.

For those too lazy to read through the thread, here's the TL;dr as far as I can tell: Northie heroines are ****s and ready to show skin Southie heroines are not ****s, except the ones that are specifically cast as ****s. One of the posters likes to jack off to white and Japs.

For those too lazy to read through the thread, here's the TL;dr as far as I can tell: Northie heroines are ****s and ready to show skin Southie heroines are not ****s, except the ones that are specifically cast as ****s. One of the posters likes to jack off to white and Japs.
iranmaybe.png I dunno, but Tabbu >>> all your beeetches

Simple..its all about price they charge per movie ... Naarthi heroines are Cheap ...cant act..can dance South gheroines are Expensive..can act..can dance
gheroines :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Vijayanthi mala,Waheeda Rahman, Hema Malini, Rekha, Meenakshi Seshadri, Sridevi, Jayaprada, Aishwarya, SHilpa shetty, Madhubala, Tabu,, Vidya Balan, Asin, Diaz Mirza, Rathi Revathy, Lakshmi - all hail from south. Might have missed a few. . Simran, Kusbhoo, Nagma, Joythika, Bhoomika, Tamanna, Namitha, Kajal Agarwal, - might have missed a few.. But this list is hardly comparable with the first list. Half of the actresses may not be known outside south. Then there are few who mainly dons item type roles. Nikhita Thukral, Naneet kaur,

Vijayanthi mala, Waheeda Rahman, Hema Malini, Rekha, Meenakshi Seshadri, Sridevi, Jayaprada, Aishwarya, Tabu, Vidya Balan SHilpa shetty - known more for her figure than the few roles she played in double hero films. Madhubala - Apart from Roja and Ajay Devgan's debut film haven't seen her. Asin - too soon Diaz Mirza - Is reduced to starting her own production house with Zayed Khan, enough said. Rathi Revathy - That love love love with Sallu and one horror film. Lakshmi - Julie and... Simran, Kusbhoo, Nagma, Joythika, Bhoomika, Tamanna, Namitha, Kajal Agarwal, - might have missed a few.. But this list is hardly comparable with the first list. Half of the actresses may not be known outside south. Then there are few who mainly dons item type roles. Nikhita Thukral, Naneet kaur,
Dude someone mentioned Hansika Motwani :rofl:

Vijayanthi mala,Waheeda Rahman, Hema Malini, Rekha, Meenakshi Seshadri, Sridevi, Jayaprada, Aishwarya, SHilpa shetty, Madhubala, Tabu,, Vidya Balan, Asin, Diaz Mirza, Rathi Revathy, Lakshmi - all hail from south. Might have missed a few. . Simran, Kusbhoo, Nagma, Joythika, Bhoomika, Tamanna, Namitha, Kajal Agarwal, - might have missed a few.. But this list is hardly comparable with the first list. Half of the actresses may not be known outside south. Then there are few who mainly dons item type roles. Nikhita Thukral, Naneet kaur,
Dia Mirza is a bong. Deepika Padukone,Amrita Rao and Genelia are southies.