1-0 or 2-0 Does it matter?

Salu 86

I dont think the fans or the players themselves would be too concerned with a 1-0 or a 2-0 series win. If you asked the fans or the players of a series win at the beginning of the tour' date=' they would have taken it hands down.[/quote'] Well a bunch of "fans" on this board seem way too concerned and I am doubting if one of them is really a fan or a troll.
Doesn anyone remember the NZ series in India in 1999. When Tendulkar didn't enforce follow-on on D4 and went on to bat ensuring the series win ...there was a BCCI or an ICC enquiry of match fixing on him/Kapil Dev. Very similar circumstances. The lead was 275.
I watched that match. It was a COMPLETELY different performance from India. Tendulkar scored his first double hundred, India declared and then NZ were AO for 310 or something. Yes, he didn't enforce the follow-on, but do you remember how FAST the Indians batted ? Tendulkar demoted one of the two openers (can't remember if it was Devang or Ramesh) and opened the innings himself - hit the first two balls for fours. India dropped wickets but they ended up with 160 or so in well under 40 overs. Tendulkar went for the WIN in that match. He didn't get it because the Kiwis batted well on the final day as the pitch hadn't cracked. No p*ssying around on that occasion.
I watched that match. It was a COMPLETELY different performance from India. Tendulkar scored his first double hundred' date=' India declared and then NZ were AO for 310 or something. Yes, he didn't enforce the follow-on, but do you remember how FAST the Indians batted ? Tendulkar demoted one of the two openers (can't remember if it was Devang or Ramesh) and opened the innings himself - hit the first two balls for fours. India dropped wickets but they ended up with 160 or so in well under 40 overs. Tendulkar went for the WIN in that match. He didn't get it because the Kiwis batted well on the final day as the pitch hadn't cracked. No p*ssying around on that occasion.[/quote'] I wonder what his strategy would be if India were 13/3 ? ANd also look at Dravid's score in that innings? Dravid made 12 in 43 balls. It looks like he was instructed to hold one end. The same, Dravid has done here to get brick-bats.
I wonder what his strategy would be if India were 13/3 ? ANd also look at Dravid's score in that innings? Dravid made 12 in 43 balls. It looks like he was instructed to hold one end. The same' date=' Dravid has done here to get brick-bats.[/quote'] I have found the scorecard --> http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1999-2000/NZ_IN_IND/SCORECARDS/NZ_IND_T3_29OCT-02NOV1999.html He scored 12 in 20 balls. 43 minutes, not 43 balls. India finished with 148/6 in 32 overs. I wouldn't have complained had they put up a similar performance in this test. Hey, if Dravid had gotten out for 12 off 20 in this match, India could have scored 180 runs in a lot less than 60 overs. I don't know how you can justify such a sh*tty performance.
How can you not see that being 13/3 and see how Dravid batted? I don't have any problems in the way, he secured the series and didn't want to lose the test from there.
India were 11/3 and not 13/3. In any case, the series was won on day 2 when India finished at 664, so you are looking at it in the wrong context. I just wish that he could have ended it in day 4, which was definitely possible. That is what good captaincy is all about - finishing the match the moment the opportunity presents itself, as quickly and as convincingly as possible. Draw-vid stalled and p*ssied out. Answer one question for me; did you seriously expect the test match to end like this when day 3 finished with ENG at 326/9 ?
India were 11/3 and not 13/3. In any case, the series was won on day 2 when India finished at 664, so you are looking at it in the wrong context. I just wish that he could have ended it in day 4, which was definitely possible. That is what good captaincy is all about - finishing the match the moment the opportunity presents itself, as quickly and as convincingly as possible. Draw-vid stalled and p*ssied out. Answer one question for me; did you seriously expect the test match to end like this when day 3 finished with ENG at 326/9 ?
As it stand Eng are 321/5. Assuming the batting and bowling condition being the same, whatever they score from here..would have been what India would have chased? Now see India being 11/3 chasing 150 or so. Do you want to be in that stage or now, feeling good about the series win!!!
Why did we all assume that England was going to fold up like the first innings this time too.....? If we had 50-60 runs less or if they had more time ' date='we would all be sweating right now.[/quote'] Mujhe yeh samajh nahin aata ki RD aur SRK fans kabhi bhi unki galtiyaan kyun nahin maante hain? :angel_smile:
Why did we all assume that England was going to fold up like the first innings this time too.....? If we had 50-60 runs less or if they had more time ' date='we would all be sweating right now.[/quote'] radhika.. then we would have gotten more wickets.. 500 is just too safe target.. just admit it that Dravid made a wrong move for once.. by the way there is still a chance of winning this one.. and then all is forgiven.. :yay:
As it stand Eng are 321/5. Assuming the batting and bowling condition being the same' date=' whatever they score from here..would have been what India would have chased? Now see India being 11/3 chasing 150 or so. Do you want to be in that stage or now, feeling good about the series win!!![/quote'] So you want to deal with the hypothetical ? Fine by me. The batting and bowling conditions weren't the same, so don't make these assumptions. Yesterday conditions were overcast, there was a cloud cover, the ball was swinging. Why do you think India were reeling at 11/3 ? Imagine what the Indian bowlers could have done in those conditions. Remember day 2 of the Lords test ? That makes Draw-vid's decision to bat appear even more foolish - as he exposed the Indian batting lineup in bowler-friendly conditions. Draw-vid has a series win to fall-back on (fortunately) but that doesn't change the fact that his ineptitude cost India a Test match.
So you want to deal with the hypothetical ? Fine by me. The batting and bowling conditions weren't the same, so don't make these assumptions. Yesterday conditions were overcast, there was a cloud cover, the ball was swinging. Why do you think India were reeling at 11/3 ? Imagine what the Indian bowlers could have done in those conditions. Remember day 2 of the Lords test ? That makes Draw-vid's decision to bat appear even more foolish - as he exposed the Indian batting lineup in bowler-friendly conditions. Draw-vid has a series win to fall-back on (fortunately) but that doesn't change the fact that his ineptitude cost India a Test match.
Even you arte assuming...Bowlers were tired. Zaheer is bowling with a thigh injury. Main man Kuble was tired having scored a 100 and bowled an entire day tirelesslly. How do you assume, India would have had Eng reeling at 11/3 too?
radhika.. then we would have gotten more wickets.. 500 is just too safe target.. just admit it that Dravid made a wrong move for once.. by the way there is still a chance of winning this one.. and then all is forgiven.. :yay:
I am not saying galti nahi hui...but he is human and humans do that.But does that mean that a captain who is leading us to a series win should be abused so shamelessly like he is being .
Even you arte assuming...Bowlers were tired. Zaheer is bowling with a thigh injury. Main man Kuble was tired having scored a 100 and bowled an entire day tirelesslly. How do you assume' date=' India would have had Eng reeling at 11/3 too?[/quote'] Of course i am assuming, you wanted to deal in the hypothetical. My assumption is still a better one than yours. "Bowlers were tired"...what kind of ridiculous excuse is that ? These are professional athletes. How the hell did they manage to bowl 2 days on the trot on previous occasions during this series ? Come on...
I am not saying galti nahi hui...but he is human and humans do that.But does that mean that a captain who is leading us to a series win should be abused so shamelessly like he is being .
arre who is abusing him?? are you visiting that old ICF again?? :hysterical::hysterical: