Microsoft v/s Apple

EnterTheVoid

Im getting more and more into Apple products. Started with iPod, then iPhone and now recently decided to get MacBook Air instead of a windows machine. Its nice, takes a bit of time and there are some times when I get frustrated as Im used to using windows but Im getting there. Now waiting for Mini iPad so I can buy it next month
I have a MacBook Air myself and I advise you against getting it, especially if you are going to use it for computationally intensive tasks. It is good for carrying around airports, checking emails/watching movies and nothing else. Go for the MacBook pro instead, retina model if your budget allows it. Once you go Apple, it is difficult to go back to Windows. I got a Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iPod and the new iPad (Wi - Fi + 4G).

I have a MacBook Air myself and I advise you against getting it, especially if you are going to use it for computationally intensive tasks. It is good for carrying around airports, checking emails/watching movies and nothing else. Go for the MacBook pro instead, retina model if your budget allows it. Once you go Apple, it is difficult to go back to Windows. I got a Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iPod and the new iPad (Wi - Fi + 4G).
I have a work laptop which I use for the tasks that you mention, plus in today's world everything is on the cloud and when I was working at BI company last, they used only Macs as everything ran on the server. It was shocking to see people who are doing these ETL jobs using macbook air. The only issue is that the 11 inch might be too small. Its ok to see the screen but there isnt enough space to rest the palms while typing. Lets see how I go in the next 2 weeks as I can return. I love this tiny macbook air and im now thinking of getting the Apple TV, has anybody used and if so then whats your experience/opinion.

mike August 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm // Reply I am very disappointed in Apple. As a business owner, I need to upgrade our computers and assumed Apple would upgrade their iMac during the last WWDC conference in June. Now I have to read rumors that there may be a new iMac in September. Now what happens if there is no iMac in September? Do I just sit back and wait until next year? No other computer company works like this. All other companies give us concrete, set due dates and times for new releases and upgrades. I am not the only business that has this problem with Apple. I have read many other comments and posts online from other businesses who have had it with Apple and are turning to PCÃÔ like Dell, HP, and others. I am starting to think that Apple has a corporate attitude much like a college campus Å°oooh, letÃÔ make everything secret. LetÃÔ be mysterious and make everyone wait. Well guess what Apple, you have lost another consumer of your products. Your business attitude is very unprofessional and lacks any type of sympathy, understanding or courtesy for your customers. Thank God you have gadgets to sell (iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc? because the tide is turning and people and businesses like me are tired of guessing and waiting while we desperately need to upgrade our computers. SHAME ON YOU Apple. You need a wake up call and I hope everyone who reads this copies this and passes it along. If you canÃÕ be reasonable and professional like all the other computer companies and tell us whether or not an upgrade is coming for all your products, than you deserve to lose customers.

I have a work laptop which I use for the tasks that you mention, plus in today's world everything is on the cloud and when I was working at BI company last, they used only Macs as everything ran on the server. It was shocking to see people who are doing these ETL jobs using macbook air. The only issue is that the 11 inch might be too small. Its ok to see the screen but there isnt enough space to rest the palms while typing. Lets see how I go in the next 2 weeks as I can return. I love this tiny macbook air and im now thinking of getting the Apple TV, has anybody used and if so then whats your experience/opinion.
get a roku or other options

11 inch is a waste of money, go for the 13 inch stead. The 13inch Macbook Air I got is a little small for my liking but will do the job, for now.

get a roku or other options
I have roku. We use it at times but I hate the fact that they can just stop supporting application whenever they want, sometimes they even take off application but if you have it on your system then you can't delete it. For eg: I have yupptv and I called them to upgrade but they informed that they can't change my plan or even sell it on roku as roku has signed an exclusive deal with dishworld.

No doubt Apple is slightly over-priced but no denying the quality and shelf-life compared to any comparable microsoft product... I still use my I phone 3g from 4 years and no matter how many upgrades there have been...it still gets the job done and very efficiently at it.

I use airplay with airport express since I don't have the 4s But the Apple TV is definitely worth it.
Is there a lag when viewing desktop or movies from a browser ? We watch a lot of desi content online which is played in flash on sites like dailymotion or some other flash based video websites, I wish to know can I play those videos full screen and watch it on TV without lag or laptop heating up etc

Is there a lag when viewing desktop or movies from a browser ? We watch a lot of desi content online which is played in flash on sites like dailymotion or some other flash based video websites, I wish to know can I play those videos full screen and watch it on TV without lag or laptop heating up etc
As I mentioned , I dont have the mirroring capability to mirrir stuff from ipads or iphones on TV. But Youtube , Netflix stream easily and there aren't any lags at all. If you want to view all content from your laptop,get a Mac Mini and a wireless keyboard:winky: