Varun Aaron injured again

TA Sekar on Varun Aaron http://www.clt20.com/news/2012/interviews/1024/ta-sekar-analyses-daredevils-bowling

Varun Aaron: He is a talented boy; unfortunately he is going through a lot of injuries. I think he needs to remodel his action. If I am able to work with him for a month or so, I will be able to get him in good shape. I donÃÕ know when that will come. Varun and Umesh Yadav will be a very good fast bowling pair in the future if Varun is able to prevent his injuries. He has speed and he is quiet intelligent. He can bowl yorkers and he can bowl a good bouncer. He has good variations.

good thing is he is young and has time to get over these injury and work with people like sekar who know stuff and are willing to help there are lots of mismanaged talented guys in ur country,mot of guys who came into team recently havent developed properly with exception of kohli even raina has regressed in tests (even at home ) ..others are not even worth mentioning pujara is exception but he is genuine hard worker and not every one is like that :sad:

Ho Gaya Kalyan.Action change kiy and Player gaya.
Lot of genuine quick bowlers has gone through change in action. Even Brett Lee at the age of 22 changed his action after serious spine injury. Bowling pace is about attitude. If he has a decent enough action, he will still bowl quick if he wants too because he is young and his body is still maturing. Likes of Munaf lacked attitude and will to bowl fast.
Dont know why Sekar did not refine his action when he was in MRF. Sekar was the one who found Aaron at the age of 15.
I just feel Aaron is not as fit as Umesh, also he needs to loose a bit of weight and strengthen his core,his action does not seem to have major flaws, his runup and approach the major things, infact with a good coach changes could even make him faster and better, it is not always about loosing pace.
Lot of genuine quick bowlers has gone through change in action. Even Brett Lee at the age of 22 changed his action after serious spine injury. Bowling pace is about attitude. If he has a decent enough action' date=' he will still bowl quick if he wants too because he is young and his body is still maturing. Likes of Munaf lacked attitude and will to bowl fast.[/quote'] Aaron should be allowed to bowl with is natural action.Lee is an exception.Name any other fast bowler who changed his action and remained the same.Slight modifications like open or closing of the landing foot,the movement of the leading arm,position of hip is alright.The thing is that in India they tend to change the actions altogether.A bowlers action is his natural body position if they change that his body will not react as it normally would. I can name scores of bowlers in India whose action was changed and they became another trundler. Wasim Akram said that In India bowlers lose pace because they change the action.he suggested that bowlers should work on strenthening their injury prone areas in order to remain injury free. If attitude was all that required Vinny Kuimar would be the fastest in the world.
Aaron should be allowed to bowl with is natural action.Lee is an exception.Name any other fast bowler who changed his action and remained the same.Slight modifications like open or closing of the landing foot' date='the movement of the leading arm,position of hip is alright..[/quote'] He does not need radical change in action, just a little bit of modification in his runup and landing as well as body strenghtening. With regards to change in action and loss of pace is concerend, I woudl say that it is because of flaws they develop in their actions that lead to loss in pace. Look at Umesh Yadav now and and his debut IPL game, you would the difference in his action now and then and still has not lost pace even increased. Moslty, actions are bad and injury prone because basics are not right and a bowler loses pace after a change in aciton that is too moslty because basics are not right in the changed action or in techqniue. Look at Mithun, he did have some change in action but his action now is so allover the place. People do not understand that they did not loss pace because of change in action but because of flawed basics.
He does not need radical change in action, just a little bit of modification in his runup and landing as well as body strenghtening. With regards to change in action and loss of pace is concerend, I woudl say that it is because of flaws they develop in their actions that lead to loss in pace. Look at Umesh Yadav now and and his debut IPL game, you would the difference in his action now and then and still has not lost pace even increased. Moslty, actions are bad and injury prone because basics are not right and a bowler loses pace after a change in aciton that is too moslty because basics are not right in the changed action or in techqniue. Look at Mithun, he did have some change in action but his action now is so allover the place. People do not understand that they did not loss pace because of change in action but because of flawed basics.
T.A Sekhar said he will REMODEL his action.Normally coaches say they will remove flaws or do slight modifications.I am sure if Aaron changes his action he will lose pace.Do you know Tino best changed his action became a trundler went back to his old action and now again bowling at 90MPH.Ian Bishop changed his action became a trundler,he was one of the fastest.Waqar Younis is another example.Klusener,Pollock all changed their actions and became slower. Yadav had slight modifications done to his action.Not whole sale remodelling.
T.A Sekhar said he will REMODEL his action.Normally coaches say they will remove flaws or do slight modifications.I am sure if Aaron changes his action he will lose pace.Do you know Tino best changed his action became a trundler went back to his old action and now again bowling at 90MPH.Ian Bishop changed his action became a trundler,he was one of the fastest.Waqar Younis is another example.Klusener,Pollock all changed their actions and became slower. Yadav had slight modifications done to his action.Not whole sale remodelling.
When did Waqar change his action? He had very similar action all through out his career. Same thing about Bishop, Klusener. I did not see much change in their action. These three suffered serious back injuries at the wrong side of their 20s and that lead to loss in pace. Aaron is young and that is why can recover from these injuries still bowl quick because his body is still developing so he can take up that change, pretty much they way Lee did at the same age. I would say that change in action turned him into an 100 mph bowler later. You may not know but Mitchell Johnson had suffered 4 back stress fractures by the time he was 22 and look at him now.
Dont know why Sekar did not refine his action when he was in MRF. Sekar was the one who found Aaron at the age of 15.
I don't think Sekar is an expert on bowling actions or else we would have 100s of 150 kph quicks from MRF. Just because a bowler was 'discovered' means what? They were spotted in a pacer hunt? Any action change doesn't always mean negative. Batsmen do it all the time successfully on technique. I think we have to change our Indian mindset that 'natural' means good. Isn't it only natural because we do it often enough? The problem seems to be we have no coaches who really know what they are doing
Is he fit yet. The indian pace attack should be 3 from 4 of Umesh, Zak, Ishant and Aaron
He is not ready for test cricket yet. I will have Shami Ahmed ahead of him in test. Aaron will play ODIs for the time being and 4-day ranji matches to get the fitness and experience to play tests.