Rahul Dravid's interview : for all those who have criticised him!

Chandan

yes, because SG managed to bring the team out of the doldrums, when even SRT backed out of the hot seat. Because he managed to bring into the team a "Team India" ethic. Because he made bits and pieces players play out of their skins in crucial games. Because he stood up for his mates. Because he never ever succumbed to the regionalistic bias. Because he stood up to the board, opponents, media, ICC — everyone... for the team.... You want more? I can give you much much more...
And yet he could not win any series out of the sub-continent/minnows. While Dravid has won two now.
Because he made bits and pieces players play out of their skins in crucial games. Because he stood up for his mates. Because he never ever succumbed to the regionalistic bias..
Oye bits n pieces kaun????? RD, SRT or VVS.. oh wait you meant AK right??? I think you meant he himself? And yes he played out of his skin couple of times back then... Kuchh bhi:mama: This is all crap... If he stood up for his mates and did what he did to perform them better, why cant he do the same now?? Pathan, Sehwag... help them so that these bits and pieces could come and perform for us and entertain us...... baat karta hai :mama: regionalistic bias??? what is he talking about.. .This team is winning man... We are rocking.. If this is regional bias , then yes we need it so that we win more... If we line up all 11 from Karnataka , it wont matter if could win against, SA, ENG and AUS... Yeah joh bits and pieces players bol raha hai yeh kisko bol raha hai??? Let me understand first... So kehne ka matlab, Phir to you can claim that Dravid made Karthik, Dhoni to play out of their skin?? Thats utter non-sense. You cant put Lion skin on sheep and make him roar like lion, CAN YOU?? if not then stop all this nonsense. They were all tallented players in their best forms, performed well at times. not always...

I had said it on some other thread and I'll say it here: Why can't we all be Indian cricket fans instead of being a Sachin fan, Dravid fan or Ganguly fan?? Why can't we trust the intelligence and knowledge and hence the decisions taken by our players who have served for the country for such a long time? They have sacrificed their 'jawani' for the game! Why can't we appreciate that and have faith in them? Always remember one thing: our cricket is surviving because of these players' enthusiasm and will to do good, rather than a system helping them out to achieve these!! Have respect for that and trust them!

I had said it on some other thread and I'll say it hear: Why can't we all be Indian cricket fans instead of being a Sachin fan, Dravid fan or Ganguly fan?? Why can't we trust the intelligence and knowledge and hence the decisions taken by our players who have served for the country for such a long time? They have sacrificed their 'jawani' for the game! Why can't we appreciate that and have faith in them? Always remember one thing: our cricket is surviving because of these players' enthusiasm and will to do good, rather than a system helping them out to achieve these!! Have respect for that and trust them!
Chandan , you are saying all the right things. Am sorry to say , the world doesnt work that way. One should always have an identity , a pro-something , an anti-something. Only then , will you be respected. :D
Oye bits n pieces kaun????? RD, SRT or VVS.. oh wait you meant AK right???
sanjay bangar, dinesh mongia, mohd kaif, ashis nehra, lakshmipathy balaji, ss das, deep dasgupta [who is from Delhi, doesn't know bengali, and was forced upon SG who wanted Rathore instead], murali karthik, akash chopra... the list goes on and on... in fact, when he insisted on sending bhajji to australia to get his action cleader, and then stood firm about playing him instead of sarandeep singh [the ranji highest wkt taker], bhajji had already got his canada visa and packed his bags to drive trucks in canuckland. when he insisted on including srinath in 2003 WC, he had already declared his retirement, for which SG had to plead to him to make him play...
I think you meant he himself? And yes he played out of his skin couple of times back then... Kuchh bhi
your pityful envy shines through.
This is all crap... If he stood up for his mates and did what he did to perform them better, why cant he do the same now??
because its the job of a captain... which is RD at the present. because he was asked not to interfere by RD when he went to instruct Santh in SA. because if he as much deviates an inch from the script handed to him by the BCCI, he will be axed... as has happened in the recent past. because india doesn't deserve his services.
Pathan, Sehwag... help them so that these bits and pieces could come and perform for us and entertain us...... baat karta hai
answered above.
regionalistic bias??? what is he talking about.. .This team is winning man... We are rocking.. If this is regional bias , then yes we need it so that we win more...
hnaa.. azhar ke samay ko bhul gaya kya? sachin ke samay ko? sala SG na hota to yeh pathan, bhajji, sehwag, dhoni kahan se aata re bachchhu?
If we line up all 11 from Karnataka , it wont matter if could win against, SA, ENG and AUS...
aaah... then why not bring back azhar, jaddu, prabhakar and mongia and let the good times roll... again... bring back the whole dodda ganesh brigade...
Yeah joh bits and pieces players bol raha hai yeh kisko bol raha hai??? Let me understand first... So kehne ka matlab, Phir to you can claim that Dravid made Karthik, Dhoni to play out of their skin?? Thats utter non-sense. You cant put Lion skin on sheep and make him roar like lion, CAN YOU?? if not then stop all this nonsense. They were all tallented players in their best forms, performed well at times. not always...
i'm not talking about the dhoni's of today. i'm talking of a. those players like bangar who get to play max 1-2 tests orodis and then get eliminated due to natural selection... its those fringe players, who when play out of their skins... make the team perform in times of duress... and make it stand out... b. talented they may have been, but they needed backing... say sehwag and yuvi... ppl who were given the long rope when ppl cribbed about so called better ranji performers... and look at where yuvi and sehwag are now, and what they have achieved for india...
Why can't we be pro Indian cricket fan and anti 'Indian cricket destroyers'??:D
See, I have no problem with that. however, since I'm not Gandhian, I don't believe in truning the other cheek in this case, esp when the various RD/GC supporters have had their day in the sun for over two years, taking out their patent parochial hatred against Bengalis under the garb of the 'nationalistic cause', 'support for the flag', what have you! Frankly, I'm sick of these ppl, and I want them to feel the same. And now, a salute for the GC/RD whiners: :finger:
I had said it on some other thread and I'll say it here: Why can't we all be Indian cricket fans instead of being a Sachin fan, Dravid fan or Ganguly fan?? Why can't we trust the intelligence and knowledge and hence the decisions taken by our players who have served for the country for such a long time? They have sacrificed their 'jawani' for the game! Why can't we appreciate that and have faith in them? Always remember one thing: our cricket is surviving because of these players' enthusiasm and will to do good, rather than a system helping them out to achieve these!! Have respect for that and trust them!
Yup I second that. In fact most are doing well and India is winning. Now where is the problem? I can understand people not being happy during the world cup when things weren't going right but why now? India has done well in Bangladesh, they won a ODI series convincingly against South Africa in Ireland and now they have had the better of England. Isn't this the time to rejoice and not worry about individual records?
I did. To me it shows th greatness of his heart. the interview was held and published after the Zak statement related controversy, when quite likely, and graciously, SG decided to stand up for his mates. Much before, just after the end of the match, he gave another interview, to Debasis Datta [he of the Bengali daily Aajkaal and English one DNA], that was published in Aajkaal in bengali the same night, where he said that he had not been consulted about the decision and declined to comment on what he would have done. clearly, he seemed not too pleased but did not express it so as to cause controversy. that's my reading. now you can go on and differ.

Chandan, It is futile arguing with someone who has pure hatred towards Dravid. Forget it, dont waste ur time. FB is a rabid dravid hater, and has no interest in the betterment of the Indian cricket team. (ofcourse he may throw a whole bunch of vitriol against forum members like you and me personally, but hey was it Ranatunga that said the dog barks or some such thing :-) )

I just don't buy Dravid 's explanation for refusing to enforce the follow on. This was a 3 test series. The team had nearly two weeks to rest between the last couple of tests. We didn't exactly have scorching conditions. None of these will apply when we go to Australia... Of course there are lots of pros and cons for the approach taken and these have been canvassed in earlier posts but the reason given by Dravid is simply not good enough...

Chandan, Man, it is futile arguing with someone who has pure hatred towards Dravid. Forget it, dont waste ur time. FB is a rabid dravid hater, and has no interest in the betterment of the Indian cricket team.
But why?? Why are some some Dravid haters, some Sachin haters, some ganguly haters?? Bad perfermormances need to be criticised. But why should one let hatred come in it?? We can criticise the whole Indian team, but do we hate it?? Then why be a particular player's hater?? Can someone explain this to me?

:hysterical: Chandan soon faces the danger of being labeled as unfair, biased and agenda-driven person, if she is going to persist with asking such prickly questions. There are two ways to quick fame Chandan. One - Do something really worthwhile so that people recognize you. People like Sachin , Dravid are under this category Two - Have a go at someone who has done something worthwhile , like what Bedi is doing now. Both will guarantee your place in the news. Ultimately , that is what most people want.

Chandan, It is futile arguing with someone who has pure hatred towards Dravid. Forget it, dont waste ur time. FB is a rabid dravid hater, and has no interest in the betterment of the Indian cricket team. (ofcourse he may throw a whole bunch of vitriol against forum members like you and me personally, but hey was it Ranatunga that said the dog barks or some such thing :-) )
What's Pessi doing here?