Guwahati mob molests girl, video goes viral online

Tiger80

looks like madam doesnt know anything about Indian justice system...
Yup. Not everyone here is a fortunate as you to have observed at length, all these jails from the inside.
Arresting him not big deal...he will cool some time in Jail with VIP facilities and come out
But he isn't a VIP. No politician is going to stick his neck out for a criminal who was caught on camera. And he isn't a big shot in the Youth Congress either. For all you know he could be the guy who puts up hoardings on the street. The (Youth) Congress might even 'sacrifice' him showing the nation how they stand for values yadda yadda. There is nothing to gain from shielding him.

He is part of youth congress. But i don't expect political party to openly back a under-age girl molestor as it will only hurt their party.
My friend is a member of youth congress too. Just yesterday he attended his first meeting where the topic of discussion was this case, and the said all the buddhe of congress said that it was the girls fault and also this probably was a publicity stunt to bring Assam in the news. :WTF: Plus they dont let the "youth" express themselves meeting mein, so bichara was so dukhii:giggle:i

Yup. Not everyone here is a fortunate as you to have observed at length, all these jails from the inside. ..
throw few big utensils at u r husband..u can enjoy jail life any way let us not try to become jokers atleast in this thread...already people worried site is become joke

He is part of youth congress. But i don't expect political party to openly back a under-age girl molestor as it will only hurt their party.
no, they can go to any pathetic level to save their worker, and even may try to save him nd belittle the victim rather...

My friend is a member of youth congress too. Just yesterday he attended his first meeting where the topic of discussion was this case, and the said all the buddhe of congress said that it was the girls fault and also this probably was a publicity stunt to bring Assam in the news. :WTF: Plus they dont let the "youth" express themselves meeting mein, so bichara was so dukhii:giggle:i
just what i wanted to say +1

Wouldnt you think that those who go to the extent of brazenly deleting posts ( factually correct ones mind you ) are the ones that are taking things to heart without having the requisite moral fortitude to deal with reality ?
No, not really BB. MODS have a job to to do, and take decisions when need be. Often decisions me and you may not like. Lets just leave it at that, why get into conspiracy theories. Anyway let it go, don't want to turn this sensitive discussion into another me-vs-you. :friends:

Yet another very similar incident in Chandigarh this time:

Girl molested, police inactive Chandigarh, July 15 Close on the heels of the molestation of a girl in Guwahati, which sent shock waves across the nation, a girl in the city was molested and chased by over a dozen rowdy youths outside Tao discotheque in Sector 26 last night. Even 18 hours after the incident, the police failed to track down the youths though it had the vehicle registration number of the car in which the molesters escaped. The assailants tried to molest other girls, who managed to flee. One of the girls, who went through the horror outside the discotheque last night, narrated the incident to the Chandigarh Tribune. A written complaint, with the vehicle registration number of the molesters, was handed over to the police after the incident, but a daily diary report was not lodged. As a mere formality, the investigating officer received her complaint and put July 17, a future date, on it. The incident occurred when 25-year-old Neetu (name changed) came to the discotheque for a party. She came out at 1:20 am when a dozen youths surrounded her as she was about to sit in her car. She worked with a software firm in the city. "I came out and was about to sit in my car when over a dozen youths surrounded me. One of them molested me. As I cried for help, they passed obscene comments and hurled abuses at me," she said. "There was no police official in sight. I was scared and managed to lock myself in my car. Three other girls came out and were similarly molested. They got scared and ran away," she added. "I then called up the police control room and my boss. The youths kept knocking at the windowpanes. I was panic-stricken and could not even start my vehicle as they obstructed the way," she further said. When the girl's boss arrived with his friend at the scene, the youths assaulted them. When a police control room vehicle team arrived near the Tao gate later, the youths fled in a white Verna car (PB23F-9757). "I was accompanied by a policeman to the Sector-26 police station, where I lodged my complaint. No action has been taken so far. This is the height of insensitivity of the police. It is taking things too lightly," she said. ‘INVESTIGATION ON’ We have traced the number of the car to Fatehgarh Sahib. We will lodge a case once the accused are traced. We are investigating the matter. — Inspector Anokh Singh, Sec-26 police station SHO ‘POLICE FOUND NO ONE’ The police control room received the telephone call about the harassment of a girl at 1:36 am. The PCR team reached the spot, but no one was there. — Roshan Lal, DSP (PCR) FUTURE DATE SI Gurcharan Singh received the complaint of the girl and put July 17 the date, with signatures. PAST INCIDENTS June 22, 2012: Three girls were chased by youths in a Mercedez car at the Sector-7 market. The youths damaged the car of one of the girls. The three were arrested. October, 2011: Armed assailants barged into Vodoo at Sector 26 and fired gunshots. September, 2011: Fifteen youths barged into Tao at Sector 26 and attacked guests and bouncers on duty.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120716/cth1.htm

Man indian male youth just sounds sick and desparate they need to go out there and charm a woman into becoming a bonafide girlfriend rather than molesting all the time
even if they do.. there will be still lot of lonely males roaming around because of male to female population ratio in India... .

even if they do.. there will be still lot of lonely males roaming around because of male to female population ratio in India... .
And with the latest census we now know that our sex ratio is only gonna get more loopy. Give us 20-30 years and the loopy sexy ratio could turn into a major problem

The NCW has failed the Indian woman. It should be scrapped NCW-PTI.jpg

Note the following statements by NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma lately, a Congress politician from Rajasthan: “Nowadays boys are very enthusiastic. If a group of boys teases you by calling you sexy, you should not get provoked and instead you should take it positively.” Should the NCW chairperson be concerning herself with the etymology and dictionary meanings of the word “sexy”? Or should she be working to create awareness in police, government departments, universities and schools to promote gender justice in society? Here’s another priceless statement from the NCW chairperson: “Don’t get fooled if some NRI tries to sell you a dream of taking you to beautiful places like Switzerland, France or England.” Oh really? Superbly put. The serious problem of NRI brides, the desperation levels of abandoned wives, the crimes endured by women in many of these marriages, all of these issues are so sweetly captured in a folksy parable from Sharma. And the latest gem? “ Women should dress carefully because such incidents (Guwahati molestation) are a result of blindly aping the West.” It’s not just about blindly aping the West, Ms Sharma. It’s also about the vacuum in the law, lack of security at leisure spots, lack of gender justice, lack of fear of the law, police and judicial apathy and the complete lack of awareness that men and women have the right to enjoy exactly the same kind of leisure activities. Ms Sharma must watch a Jodie Foster starrer, The Accused. Based on a true story, the film shows that even a drunk, scantily dressed woman at a bar can be the victim of rape. That whatever the “morality” of a woman, however she is dressed, rape and sexual assault are crimes and must be prosecuted as such. Just as the argument – she- was-asking-for-it - does not apply to a murder, it also does not apply to rape.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/the-ncw-has-failed-the-indian-woman-it-should-be-scrapped-381459.html

^ I see a very interesting contradiction between the reactions to the first and the third statements. When she calls on women to be modern and take the work "sexy" lightly, she is being criticized, but when she tells women not to blindly follow the west and dress modestly, she is being criticized as well. So, the Indian woman wants to dress provocatively, wants to go to bars, night clubs, wants to party, booze and do drugs, all for the sake of modernity, but does not want to be called sexy?