Harbhajan English County Performance Monitor

When did I say Bhajji is a better choice? :dontknow: I just mentioned about Ashwin. We are searching for a better spinner than Bhajji and Ashwin. Probably, Kachra from Lagaan can help :hmmm:
be careful.in modern times,hes known as Piyush Chawla
When did I say Bhajji is a better choice? :dontknow: I just mentioned about Ashwin. We are searching for a better spinner than Bhajji and Ashwin. Probably, Kachra from Lagaan can help :hmmm:
Ashwin done better than what Kumble and Bhajji had done on their first tour to Australia. He will improve as he plays more. He is still a 7 match old rookie.
Ashwin done better than what Kumble and Bhajji had done on their first tour to Australia. He will improve as he plays more. He is still a 7 match old rookie.
That's exactly my point RKT - he has not yet proven himself against good teams PERIOD. I don't want people to call him the Ashwin-ator!
Australia?
Okay.. reason is finger spinners are rarely effective in Australia due to the nature of the surface. Murali literally tried everything there.He struggled big time. Ajmal struggled there. Leggies generally thrive there. Even Chandana did well. Another point is what kind of role he plays there. Seamers have to do bulk of the work, Spinners are largely support casts there. Our seamers didn't exactly provide great breakthroughs for spinners to exploit it.
There was one ball in this tour which drifted and whizzed past the bat. I referred it earlier in this thread too. I am sure I saw it on Youtube but I am unable to dig it out. Any help please?
give some details bro was that a wicket taking delivery ? against which batsman ? test or odi or t20 ?
Okay.. reason is finger spinners are rarely effective in Australia due to the nature of the surface. Murali literally tried everything there.He struggled big time. Ajmal struggled there. Leggies generally thrive there. Even Chandana did well. Another point is what kind of role he plays there. Seamers have to do bulk of the work, Spinners are largely support casts there. Our seamers didn't exactly provide great breakthroughs for spinners to exploit it.
I agree which means there are still question marks. It is not a given he will succeed and also not a given he will not succeed - which was my point anyway.
I agree which means there are still question marks. It is not a given he will succeed and also not a given he will not succeed - which was my point anyway.
As long as he does well on slightly helpful surfaces i am fine. He is a thinking bowler. Not all spinners are going to be Murali. If you ask me who are the quality batsmen against spinners outside subcontinent player they are certainly not English or Australians. It will be south africans. Given his variations and his ability to think as a bowler he will do well in most places. Ofcourse there is a factor that batsmen start reading him better which he has to overcome. At the moment i am happy to see a bowler "running through" a side.
As long as he does well on slightly helpful surfaces i am fine. He is a thinking bowler. Not all spinners are going to be Murali. If you ask me who are the quality batsmen against spinners outside subcontinent player they are certainly not English or Australians. It will be south africans. Given his variations and his ability to think as a bowler he will do well in most places. Ofcourse there is a factor that batsmen start reading him better which he has to overcome. At the moment i am happy to see a bowler "running through" a side.
I think even in India, SA will challenge him to the limit. They have negated Harbhajan time & again - especially Kallis. The only gripe I have with Ashwin is that he's too lazy in his action. If only he puts in a little bit more, he will get more purchase out of the wicket & more value for his bowling! It's just a simple correction required in my books. He is definitely good as of now but I will hold my horses till I pass a definitive judgment.