Shame On You Bcci

Abey chewtiya Indian govt is wrong i agree but who could predict that one day these people will create havoc in India in form of attacks.
Tu chu*** - What is one day? This is going on since 60 years. Now, you are playing the "OMG I am surprised card" ... Appam!

When US commandos can go into Pakistan to nab and kill bin Laden without even informing Pakistan.How come Indian govt keeps begging Pakistan courts to punish the guilty for 26/11. Indian govt has no transparency when it comes to Pakistan and for that matter any Terrorist attacks perpetuated on Indian soil.How can we blame anybody else. When heinous acts like 26/11 are committed in front of everybody,Govt of India instead of this political mumbo jumbo needed to act fast and decisive but it failed miserably. If it has proof on those attacks why are they waiting for some other country's court to deliver justice.It could have taken the same route of US after 9/11 instead of all this nonsense which has happened in last four years and shown the world who is the real culprit , I dont think anyone would have any gripes if did that but it chose sit on its ass. We still have no idea who the real culprits are, govt can say all they want about LET and some xyz did all this on news channels. Until they do something in action I don't believe a thing which comes of these politicians or any officials for that matter. If it cant protect its citizens on their own home soil then govt is useless and still what is worse even after four years no justice has been served . Who knows how many of our own are involved in this. Politicians have been using cricket as a jingoistic tool when something happens oh stop cricketing ties and restart after everything cools down. Unless we see transparency from govt, it does not make an iota of difference if they play cricket or not.

The truth is always the first victim http://www.wisdenindia.com/the-truth-is-always-the-first-victim

Yes, itÃÔ that season, flagged off by the announcement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India that they have invited Pakistan to tour India for a three-ODI and two T20I ÅÔeries? If the words you just read strike you as overly cynical, lets examine some myths together. People from both countries want to see the teams play each other. In all my years watching and covering cricket, including one overly lovey-dovey tour of Pakistan in 2004, I have yet to come across one fauji on either side of the border who thinks the bat-and-ball game should take place in peace time when hundreds of lives, many uncounted, are lost because of an ongoing border dispute. These are people who have lost loved ones, or have sons or brothers on an icy frontline somewhere in the Himalayas wondering when a shell will come their way. These are people to whom the peace that purportedly exists between the two countries is as real as immortal youth. TheyÃ×e known genuine loss, and to overlook their views without so much as consultation is an insult to the sacrifices they have made. Both countries stand to gain from playing each other. Exactly what does the BCCI have to gain from playing this series? For the Pakistan Cricket Board, who are currently unable to host teams, playing India brings a financial windfall that is very welcome. But, for the BCCI, who have no trouble lining up the best fixtures Test series against England and Australia in the coming season this is hardly the case. There is, of course, the matter of a PCB vote at the International Cricket Council table, but thatÃÔ hardly the sort of gain we should be pushing forward as a case for conducting a series. For the players, thereÃÔ nothing bigger than India-Pakistan. As soon as the forthcoming series was announced, first Gautam Gambhir and then Mahendra Singh Dhoni trotted out the stock phrases: ÅËust another series and ÅÂs professionals you have to treat all matches the same? And they have to, because the hysteria is at a high-enough pitch at the best of times without the protagonists having to stir the pot. Lowering expectations is key, but we all know this is hardly the truth. On the eve of a Pakistan match, Anil Kumble once told this reporter, ůine times out of ten, as players, you think only about the process, about doing what you can, and allow the result to take care of itself. The tenth is the game against Pakistan, which is all about the result. ItÃÔ not just another game, and the players are endlessly reminded of this. The time was right to resume ties. What has happened in the last month to make an India-Pakistan series more desirable now than in the five years since the two teams last met bilaterally? The governments have both claimed that it was up to the cricket boards to decide when the teams should play each other. The cricket boards in turn said they were waiting for direction from higher up. Given that politicians from across parties now occupy positions of power in both the government and cricket boards, who exactly are they trying to fool? Sport and politics should not mix. If you believe that sport can exist independent of the influence of politics, I beg you to please come out of the unlit cave you have been hiding in for the last half-century. Or at least share some of the leaf youÃ×e been smoking. The history of India and Pakistan is littered with examples of the high and mighty from either side trying to use cricket to achieve something that they have failed to do through dialogue, wars, commerce and sundry other similar tools of international engagement. Cricket is a sport, and at its best when left alone to be what it is, not pretending to be something it cannot. If we donÃÕ learn from history, the very point of recording it in the first place is lost. If Pakistan do come to India later this year December is a long way off, and not insignificantly, only a few days after the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks you can be sure itÃÔ happened for anything but cricketing reasons. After all, if the two boards were genuinely interested in what happened on the field, theyÃÅ wait longer and schedule a full series, not an apology squeezed in when England return home from India for their Christmas-New Year break. Exactly why India and Pakistan are so keen to play cricket against each other now, you and I will never know. When India and Pakistan engage, the truth is always the first victim. If that doesnÃÕ scare you at some level, perhaps nothing will. Anand Vasu is Managing Editor at Wisden India. You can follow him on Twitter @anandvasu