Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

dude now just accept it.. iif replacement pacer goes for runs then theres nothing wrong in giving yadav a go ... and no we dont need another spinner...wht are we gonna do in australia in world cup ?
Bud if I have to take figures of 0/76 or 1/76 in 10 overs I would rather play an additional batsman. Why play cr@p bowlers when additional batsman can make much more of a difference. At least we won't have to see a duck followed by 0/76.
Bud if I have to take figures of 0/76 or 1/76 in 10 overs I would rather play an additional batsman. Why play cr@p bowlers when additional batsman can make much more of a difference. At least we won't have to see a duck followed by 0/76.
i tell u why :) last 10 overs in australia... who will bowl them ? def not spinners they will go for 80 runs alone at end :cantstop: this is kind of lame attitude ..we sill have time lets lose some games now investi n bowlers so that they are ready for world cup ... zack wont be there... so are u implying of playing with 11 batsmen ? its 0-76 now lets try and make it 2-50 till next year and gradual improvement like that think about it after bad performance we dropped umesh after today u dont want dinda (or anyfast bowler at all :cantstop:) this wont work...for a minute forget ur theory and answer this right now tell me one bowler who has most potential to improve...for me its yadav and shami and i will back them again n again
i tell u why :) last 10 overs in australia... who will bowl them ? def not spinners they will go for 80 runs alone at end :cantstop: this is kind of lame attitude ..we sill have time lets lose some games now investi n bowlers so that they are ready for world cup ... zack wont be there... so are u implying of playing with 11 batsmen ? its 0-76 now lets try and make it 2-50 till next year and gradual improvement like that think about it after bad performance we dropped umesh after today u dont want dinda (or anyfast bowler at all :cantstop:) this wont work...for a minute forget ur theory and answer this right now tell me one bowler who has most potential to improve...for me its yadav and shami and i will back them again n again
agree

If Yadav is the future of Indian pace attack then should we stick by him and let him learn from his mistakes? I thought Dinda wasn't a big improvement on Yadav but it was first game so he deserves another shot at it but we need to sort out our pace attack soon Irfan looks rejuvenated and a god send plus Zaheer is slowly finding his form again just need a fast bowler to complement these two

It does not work that way,never for india atleast i remember we going with 8 batsman in asia cup and some other matches we lost.the parttimers will go for 90 .we always have to go with a respect the composition overloading batsman or bowlers has always taken us to dumps.
It does not work that way' date='never for india atleast i remember we going with 8 batsman in asia cup and some other matches we lost.the parttimers will go for 90 .we always have to go with a respect the composition overloading batsman or bowlers has always taken us to dumps.[/quote'] We lost Asia Cup due to our fault. We had packed the team with batsman but we didn't put up a score out of the reach of the opponent team. I mean if you are 220/1 in 37-38 overs and end up with 288 you deserve to lose. The whole point of playing with 7 batsmen + Orfan is to bat the other team out and for that min score should be 300+ especially on pattas. We didn't do so against B'desh and it was our fault. The games against Pakis & Loins in Asia Cup showed what we were capable of.
We lost Asia Cup due to our fault. We had packed the team with batsman but we didn't put up a score out of the reach of the opponent team. I mean if you are 220/1 in 37-38 overs and end up with 288 you deserve to lose. The whole point of playing with 7 batsmen + Orfan is to bat the other team out and for that min score should be 300+ especially on pattas. We didn't do so against B'desh and it was our fault. The games against Pakis & Loins in Asia Cup showed what we were capable of.
If you cannot defend 288 against Bangladesh, you not only deserve to lose, you deserve to not be anywhere near the final. Doesnt matter if your team had 11 batsman. I can entrirely agree with Sachin's fault also being there, but this kind of deffending of our bowling attack is why even today we are in such a position that we dont have one decent bowler in our team. And with this mentality, that its ok for a top team not to be able to defened anything below 300 against a minnow and still be considered a good team is why our bowling is what it is. If we score less than 200 frequently everyone will be out bagging our batting, but have we taken our bowling so much for granted, and have so low expectations that we cannot expect our bowling to defend 280+ against Bangladesh?
If you cannot defend 288 against Bangladesh' date=' you not only deserve to lose, you deserve to not be anywhere near the final. Doesnt matter if your team had 11 batsman. I can entrirely agree with Sachin's fault also being there, but this kind of deffending of our bowling attack is why even today we are in such a position that we dont have one decent bowler in our team. And with this mentality, that its ok for a top team not to be able to defened anything below 300 against a minnow and still be considered a good team is why our bowling is what it is. If we score less than 200 frequently everyone will be out bagging our batting, but have we taken our bowling so much for granted, and have so low expectations that we cannot expect our bowling to defend 280+ against Bangladesh?[/quote'] you cant defend with 3 bowlers.
If you cannot defend 288 against Bangladesh' date= you not only deserve to lose, you deserve to not be anywhere near the final. Doesnt matter if your team had 11 batsman. I can entrirely agree with Sachin's fault also being there, but this kind of deffending of our bowling attack is why even today we are in such a position that we dont have one decent bowler in our team. And with this mentality, that its ok for a top team not to be able to defened anything below 300 against a minnow and still be considered a good team is why our bowling is what it is. If we score less than 200 frequently everyone will be out bagging our batting, but have we taken our bowling so much for granted, and have so low expectations that we cannot expect our bowling to defend 280+ against Bangladesh?
The same Bangladesh scored 289 against India on the same ground in a World Cup against a much better bowling attack. :phehehe:
If you cannot defend 288 against Bangladesh' date=' you not only deserve to lose, you deserve to not be anywhere near the final. Doesnt matter if your team had 11 batsman. I can entrirely agree with Sachin's fault also being there, but this kind of deffending of our bowling attack is why even today we are in such a position that we dont have one decent bowler in our team. And with this mentality, that its ok for a top team not to be able to defened anything below 300 against a minnow and still be considered a good team is why our bowling is what it is. If we score less than 200 frequently everyone will be out bagging our batting, but have we taken our bowling so much for granted, and have so low expectations that we cannot expect our bowling to defend 280+ against Bangladesh?[/quote'] It was a patta where 300 was the par score. If we could score 300+ against SL and Pakis easily why not against the weakest bowling lineup? Considering that we had bowlers of the caliber of Dinda & Vinay in the team and going with 7 batsmen it was clear the plan was to bat out the oponents. I can understand us not doing so if we are in early strife or lose quick wkts and need to consolidate. But surely how can a total of 280 odd can be justified when we were 220/1 in 37 overs or thereabouts? Nobody is defending our bowling either and so much so we are already on record saying that the only way we can win these days is if we score in the proximity of 300 bet it batting 1st or chasing. In the end we had a situation where one batsman was left unbeaten on 114 after facing 147 deliveries, which are nearly half the allocated quota. If the whole team had batted that way we would have ended up with a total of around 230 on one of the flattest pitches ever against a less than mediocre bowling attack :omg: This is what we were/are so pissed about. And the sad part is that the batsman was actually going quite well till he reached 80 or so and then simply went into his shell preferring his milestone over the team's needs. Now the main point. Bowlers couldn't win the match due to their incompetence, i.e. they tried their best but they simply were not good enough, in fact they were cr@p but nobody can say they deliberately gave away cheap runs or under-performed. On the other hand the said batsman intentionally and deliberately put his love for milestones ahead of team's interest. This was the clincher for me and other fans I guess. I can live with incompetence and players trying their best but their best not being good enough, but how do you justify that a batsman intentionally and deliberately didn't give off his best coz he wanted to get to his 100 and not the win. I have followed Indian team through 90s so I know what incopmetence and not being good enough is all about but I have backed Team India even then knowin that we weren't that good but at least they were trying their best which is what matters the most for a fan. When Mongia & Prabhakar gave up chasing against WI in a odi in India so that Prabhakar could get to his 100 and Mongia could boost his average by remaining not out I simply didn't want them to be in the team and I stil remember them for that deliberate "go slow". You tell me how was this incident different from that "go slow" from Prabhakar? To me there's not much difference as Prabhakar batted slow to get to his maiden 100 while the batsman in this case wanted to get to his 100th 100, but the main theme was quite clear in both the cases, i.e. it was all about the player and not the team. You may be fine with this deliberate and intentional go-slow and don't care much about a player's preference for individual milestones over team's best interests, and may even justify it as "it was once in 450 innings" or "our bowlers should have defended 280" but the main point was that the player was playing a team game for his nation and he deliberately didn't give off his best preferring to get a record he was struggling to get to for some time.

Seems like Umesh goes at the same RR in Tests as well :haha: Seriously, the guy has absolutely no control while bowling and unless he works on the same there's not much he can do at intl level. Even if he picks wkts but bowls absolute dross 2-3 times an over he won't be successful. He needs a long camp at NCA with likes of TA Shekhar and gang to work on his control issues.

Send him on the 'A' tour to NZ. :protest:
He needs to coz he's missing the basics at this point.
needs to bowl full when the new ball was taken he bowled a nice outswinger which took the edge don't know why he bowls short in india.
The problem is not with the outswinger or the odd good delivery he bowls. That good delivery is sandwiched between utter tosh and batsmen know they can simply play out odd decent deliveries and plunder runs against others. Not acceptable at this level.
The only thing I am afraid though he may lose his pace if the reason is not communicated properly. These things make a lot of difference.
But if pace is not directed properly what's the use :dontknow: I am sorry to say but even Sami has more control than Umesh. Plus it's not as if Umesh is a total newbie. He has been with the team for more than a year now and has toured Aus and played Tests & odis at home. On top of that he has played IPL so it's not a lot to expect for Umesh to have better control. This "broken radar" thingy is not gonna work forever and I hope selectors work with him to sort out his bowling issues/kinks at NCA bfore we tour SA in 2013.
But if pace is not directed properly what's the use :dontknow: I am sorry to say but even Sami has more control than Umesh. Plus it's not as if Umesh is a total newbie. He has been with the team for more than a year now and has toured Aus and played Tests & odis at home. On top of that he has played IPL so it's not a lot to expect for Umesh to have better control. This "broken radar" thingy is not gonna work forever and I hope selectors work with him to sort out his bowling issues/kinks at NCA bfore we tour SA in 2013.
You didn't quite get my point. It should not be that he corrects his radar 100% and then drops 40% in pace. We need to find an optimum solution. IMO, his pace should be around 140 and radar around 90 percentile.