Tennis at the 2012 London Olympics

Cricketics

Well federer has a record to be a double Golden Slam champ...the first ever....surpsrising that he has never won a single Grandslam doubles tournament Maybe once he acheives this dream...and with him getting older....he can conquer thes world of doubles next

Well federer has a record to be a double Golden Slam champ...the first ever....surpsrising that he has never won a single Grandslam doubles tournament Maybe once he acheives this dream...and with him getting older....he can conquer thes world of doubles next
Isn't Golden Slam what Graf did in '88 winning all 4 Grand Slams and the Olympic Gold in the same year?

Isn't Golden Slam what Graf did in '88 winning all 4 Grand Slams and the Olympic Gold in the same year?
Career Golden Slam A player who wins all four Grand Slam tournaments and the Olympic gold medal during his or her career is said to have achieved a Career Golden Slam. Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_%28tennis%29#Career_Golden_Slam I guess winning it in a calender year makes it even more special

A player who wins all four Grand Slam tournaments and the Olympic gold medal during his or her career is said to have achieved a Career Golden Slam. Singles players who won a Career Golden Slam (a singles Career Grand Slam plus the Olympic gold medal in singles): Steffi Graf (1987 French Open, 1988 Australian Open, 1988 Wimbledon Championships, 1988 Olympic gold medal, & 1988 US Open) (as mentioned above, added a Calendar Year Golden Slam by winning her second consecutive French Open in 1988) Andre Agassi (1992 Wimbledon, 1994 US Open, 1995 Australian Open, 1996 Olympic gold medal, & 1999 French Open) Rafael Nadal (2005 French Open, 2008 Wimbledon, 2008 Olympic gold medal, 2009 Australian Open, & 2010 US Open) Doubles teams that won a Career Golden Slam (a doubles team Career Grand Slam & the Olympic gold medal in doubles): Todd Woodbridge & Mark Woodforde (1992 Australian Open, 1992 US Open, 1993 Wimbledon, 1996 Olympic gold medal, & 2000 French Open) Serena Williams & Venus Williams (1999 French Open, 1999 US Open, 2000 Wimbledon, 2000 Olympic gold medal, & 2001 Australian Open) Individual doubles players who won a Career Golden Slam: Pam Shriver: partnering Martina Navratilova to win 1981 Wimbledon Championships, 1982 Australian Open, 1983 US Open, 1984 French Open; and partnering Zina Garrison to win the 1988 Olympic Gold Medal. Gigi Fernández: partnering Robin White to win the 1988 US Open; partnering Jana Novotná to win the 1991 French Open; partnering Natasha Zvereva to win the 1992 Wimbledon Championships; partnering Mary Joe Fernandez to win 1992 Olympic gold; and partnering Natasha Zvereva to win the 1993 Australian Open. Daniel Nestor: partnering Sébastien Lareau to win the 2000 Olympic Gold Medal; partnering Mark Knowles in winning the 2002 Australian Open, 2004 US Open and 2007 French Open; partnering Nenad Zimonjić in winning 2009 Wimbledon Championships.

Aaah...okay the Career Golden Slam. The Career Grand Slam term itself has become more prevalent more recently. I looked on the Wiki link and apparently what Graf achieved is now called a "Golden Grand Slam", but I can swear when she won, it was simply called the "Golden Slam".

Federer has won all 4 Slams and also won the Mens Doubles Gold at Beijing 2008 - can that be categorized as a Golden Slam :hmmm:
It depends on the characterization and apparently they have changed - the earlier convention was that anyone who won all 4 majors in whatever formats was a Grand Slam winner, so by that definition your extension fits the bill. However, I am willing to bet a $100 that no one will equal Graf's Golden Slam of '88 in my lifetime - I've never seen a tennis player play like that - it didn't hurt that she was good looking too.

It depends on the characterization and apparently they have changed - the earlier convention was that anyone who won all 4 majors in whatever formats was a Grand Slam winner, so by that definition your extension fits the bill. However, I am willing to bet a $100 that no one will equal Graf's Golden Slam of '88 in my lifetime - I've never seen a tennis player play like that - it didn't hurt that she was good looking too.
I'd have bet a million dollars on the same point.