Olympics nothing less than a war for China

rkt.india

And where exactly did you get the idea that Chineese do that to the people. The video only shows a excellent but tough training regime to build champions. Where is it written that random children are picked up and made to go through. What is the criterion for choosing a three year old and know ok this one is good for swimming and this one for gymnastics. Training , proper food and nutrition..alll these costs money . Do you think the Chineese goverment will go through all these for random kids. Have you spoken to any Chineese. I have and they say that most children vie for Olympic Gold and join these schools. these schools are tough and the weak are weeded out. That is how you prepare. Olympic gold is a matter of pride for countries. In India our parents (in general) arent very fond of cricket , leave alone running and gymanstics. bcos there is no money. the case is not so in more athletic oriented countries. Everybody here has just assumed that people are kidnapped from the streets and made to do this. A sickly 5 year old kid is assumed by the Govt to be a future Olympian and then trained and fed...and there are 400000 of these. Come on the Chineese are not that stupid.
these are standard training methods followed every where in the world. question is whether the athletes are willing participants or not. If they are willing, they are ready to sacrifice to win a medal. If they are not, then you are right that this is abuse. And people here have just assumed that it is a torture camp where random children are picked up and made to do so. the video is biased western attempt to vilify a country which is kicking their ass. good for china and wish we train as hard as them
Well played sir :hatsoff: These guys pick some random pictures/videos without the required context and get all antsy about it.

Mis information at it's best. I said North Korea has more medals. That is factually correct, is it not? I also say India should not copy Soviet/Communist training regimes. Or did you miss that part?
So, what was the point of giving North Korea as an example? Please enlighten us. There are 10s of countries who have more medals than us, why not give them as an example.

Having spoken to my german house mates about a teen age chinese girl swimmer who broke the records of male swimers and won a medal, i am forced to wonder if westerners are deeply suspicious and jealous of the chinese. They can not accept the fact that chinese are better and are trying to make every attempt to make chinese look bad, i am not sure if everything out there about china is true.

So' date=' what was the point of giving North Korea as an example? Please enlighten us. There are 10s of countries who have more medals than us, [b']why not give them as an example.
I also gave example of New Zealand (grand population of 4 Million) and Kazakhstan. Did you miss those as well? North Korea is a majorly effed up country, no doubt. Are you going to use that against them and discredit the medals their athletes rightfully won? The medals were won purely on performance. Simple as that.

For all the western media lovers...here is a video of some girls training for gymnastics... [ame=

in the life of a renmore gymnast - YouTube[/ame] before you point out the lovely music and the smiling face, please note that the uploader has said that training was much more casual than normal. please note the age of some of the girls...even less than three. look at the complicated movements of the athletes. would you also say that it is risky and they are forced to do so. ofcourse you will point out that there is no pic of someone pushing you or slapping you, well this was shot by someone to promote their sports, not by some vested garbage media house using spy cams to capture one off incident of slapping to promote it as a state run abuse house.

For all the western media lovers...here is a video of some girls training for gymnastics...
before you point out the lovely music and the smiling face, please note that the uploader has said that training was much more casual than normal. please note the age of some of the girls...even less than three. look at the complicated movements of the athletes. would you also say that it is risky and they are forced to do so. ofcourse you will point out that there is no pic of someone pushing you or slapping you, well this was shot by someone to promote their sports, not by some vested garbage media house using spy cams to capture one off incident of slapping to promote it as a state run abuse house.
Propaganda buster, hats off to you sir. :hatsoff:

[ame=

4 year old Gymnast Konner McClain - YouTube[/ame] 4 year old training in good old usa..she is splitting jumping and all ..now that is too dangerous ..but wait its not in china...so the training is all good.. give me a break....athletes train hard adn sacrifice to reach pinnacle...to normal people that might look dangerous but it is not so

I also gave example of New Zealand (grand population of 4 Million) and Kazakhstan. Did you miss those as well? North Korea is a majorly effed up country, no doubt. Are you going to use that against them and discredit the medals their athletes rightfully won? The medals were won purely on performance. Simple as that.
Where did I say that the medals are not won on performance? The discussion is what goes on behind that performance and whether the torture that the kids have to endure at places like North Korea and China is worth those medals.

1 year old training for gymnastics in usa... [ame=

year old Baby Coco first year in Gymnastics - YouTube[/ame] look at how quickly she moves compared to normal children who takes a lot more time to walk.. point is im not criticizing what her trainer is doing..point is Im asking you guys to wake up and stop criticizing the excellent training facility of China... I would call this a torture to make a 1 year old to do these movements...if I were also blinded by hatred and jealousy towards a particular country's growth and excellence.

Where did I say that the medals are not won on performance? The discussion is what goes on behind that performance and whether the torture that the kids have to endure at places like North Korea and China is worth those medals.
Kids are being tortured to win medals. LOL, please! Stop embarrassing yourself.

Accept the fact that Chinese are better than the rest in olympics, and being from India, we can definitly use some of that rigour in our atheletes. Not saying that we should have similar child tortute schools but hey you have to do what you have to do to get medals in olympics.

In the US, if parents push the kids over the limit, government has depts like child services (Nanny state notwithstanding!) which protects the rights of children. Show me how Russia, China and North Korean do that to protect the rights of children (let alone the rights of people!). Can't believe the spirit of Olympics is to win as many medals as possible to show who has the biggest d i c k!

1 year old training for gymnastics in usa...
look at how quickly she moves compared to normal children who takes a lot more time to walk.. point is im not criticizing what her trainer is doing..point is Im asking you guys to wake up and stop criticizing the excellent training facility of China... I would call this a torture to make a 1 year old to do these movements...if I were also blinded by hatred and jealousy towards a particular country's growth and excellence.
Dude, Stefi Graf started Tennis at 3, Tiger Woods appeared on National TV with a club at that age. Many kids start very early. Whether we agree with the early start or not is a different question. The point is are the kids being treated humanely? Are they enjoying themselves or look like they are being tortured? If you can't see the difference between the Chinese video and the US one, I don't think any amount of discussion is going to help.

Pure bliss!
In response, I give you this. [ame=
year old Baby Coco first year in Gymnastics - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
4 year old Gymnast Konner McClain - YouTube[/ame] [ame=
in the life of a renmore gymnast - YouTube[/ame] Lets see you champion the cause of these poor athletes 'tortured' by the States to win gold medals. You live in the states, what better place than to start your crusade in your own back yard? Or are you on agenda where you simply cannot deviate from script? :winky:

In response, I give you this. Lets see you champion the cause of these poor athletes 'tortured' by the States to win gold medals. You live in the states, what better place than to start your crusade in your own back yard? Or are you on agenda where you simply cannot deviate from script? :winky:
Already answered if you feel the urge to need. Agenda? Script?

I await a North Korean video to refute the points from Sree_north_korea but alas they don't let videos out of there.
Selective amnesia at work again. Since those videos don't really show a "humane" approach to training child athletes by your beloved institution, are we ever going to get a response from you over that before you complain about the supposed inhuman methods enforced by other countries? I won't be waiting on baited breath :laugh: