Soldier memorial desecrated

surajmal

Just for reference, some bomb blasts in Mumbai before 1992: 1989: A tiffin box stuffed with potassium chloride and sugar went off at Sewree railway station killing two people. The bombers had used sulphuric acid as a triggering device for the explosion. 1989: Two bombs went off at Kurla railway station and at Kanjurmarg railway station, both on the Central Railway network. The concoction of potassium cholride and sulphuric acid was used for the blasts. 1991: An RDX-laced explosive went off in a BEST bus depot at Ghatkopar. Two people, including a bus conductor, were killed in the blast. 1991: A blast in a local train on the Central Railway network caused 4 casualties when an RDX bomb went off.
I do not mean to demean your research but the very fact that the list up above is the best one can come in a town that has since 1992 showed up thousands dead and bomb blasts in double figures with all kind of sophisticated weapons. That tells a story, does it not? :winky: I wish I could do an Infographics showing how post 1947-1992 show NO riots and handful of tiffin boxes kinda bombs. Throw in Babri Masjid at 1992 and see how the timeline became RED since then.:winky:

Bal and Unity tiger :sick:
The poster doesn't say anything about unity. The word for unity is 'एकता'. This poster says 'एकटा' which means alone in the Marathi language. Its a parody on the superhit movie Ek tha tiger. * Marathi ICFers, correct me if I'm wrong.

Who here has suggested Azad Maidan was related to 1992. Care to show me exactly?
Earlier in this thread you had suggested that 1992 was the "root cause" of communalism etc. Azad Maidan is an example, but the actual point I wanted to make was that the communal/reactionary mindset was present well before 1992, and ghettoisation was well in place by then.
Thats your take on thing. And dare I say not quite unsurprisingly. In my opinion post 1992 Indian politics became revolving more around religion anyway. In a riot prevalent Bombay with hundreds killed on both sides Shiv Sena and sampradayik tatv like them stood to gain most, and did quite handsomely.
In general the emergence of identity (religion, caste) as an electoral factor was not based on a single incident. In case of religion, the big riots in the 1980s (Nellie, Delhi, Meerut), the Shah Bano Case, the Ram Temple movement, along with religion based separatist movements (in Punjab, Kashmir) and ethnic cleansing (Kashmir), all had a role to play in this. There was already a lot of resentment and victimhood present. To blame just 1992 for this is simplistic.
Yeah and you will see me question Congress on what they have done to stem terrorist attacks. However I dont blame Congress for making the Bombay atmosphere communal, I blame SS and its offshoots for the same. Do you disagree with that?
How convenient, blame SS for Hindu communalism and for Muslims both! Some of the famous terrorist/bombers have been from around Pune and other cities in Maharashtra, so Mumbai cannot be seen entirely in isolation either. What you need to blame is the cultivation of and pandering to the sense of victimhood in a certain community.

Earlier in this thread you had suggested that 1992 was the "root cause" of communalism etc. Azad Maidan is an example,
There is a difference between root-cause and topical-cause.
but the actual point I wanted to make was that the communal/reactionary mindset was present well before 1992, and ghettoisation was well in place by then.
If we are honest with ourselves as a nation, there has always been a bit of ghettosization. In most towns you would have seen Bengalis living in certan areas, Muslims in their own localities, Sikhs in their own and so on. However this is true in more small towns today, and in larger cosmopolitan towns it has gone down considerably as we have developed as a Nation, and our improved economy has forced migrations to happen. Bombay, however has went the other way. Not only has it faltered in its economic stature vis a vis rest of the nation, communities have encouraged more ghettosization to be "comfortable" during riots. How is that not a huge step back?
In general the emergence of identity (religion, caste) as an electoral factor was not based on a single incident. In case of religion, the big riots in the 1980s (Nellie, Delhi, Meerut), the Shah Bano Case, the Ram Temple movement, along with religion based separatist movements (in Punjab, Kashmir) and ethnic cleansing (Kashmir), all had a role to play in this.
Shah Bano case is a seminal event. That is when Congress pandered and took a step back not only for Muslim, and specially Muslim women, but for the entire nation. In the end it didnt even help them as it probably finished them as the dominant party. But yeah I concur with you on the Shah Bano issue.
What you need to blame is the cultivation of and pandering to the sense of victimhood in a certain community.
Oh absolutely. Everybody is a victim these days. :winky: Like my good friend Veer here, he is a victim and SS is the savior. I am sure from your perspective it is the "them community" who claim to be the victim and "Congress" as savior. And so shall the game continue to be be played in Bombay. :two_thumbs_up:

Like my good friend Veer here, he is a victim and SS is the savior. I am sure from your perspective it is the "them community" who claim to be the victim and "Congress" as savior. And so shall the game continue to be be played in Bombay. :two_thumbs_up:
brainwashing continues ehh lurker miyan?? :two_thumbs_up: first you said.. SS/MNS holds absolute power in Mumbai.. that was a total lie as proven in previous posts then you said ... mumbai was a safe place before babri masjid .. i thought it was true but it turned out to be a lie as well as proven by other posters.. lage raho munna bhai.. you can be a perfect babu type neta in India.. apni tarah se baat ko todo aur marodo.. janta to bewakoof hai.. :winky:

brainwashing continues ehh lurker miyan?? :two_thumbs_up: first you said.. SS/MNS holds absolute power in Mumbai.. that was a total lie as proven in previous posts then you said ... mumbai was a safe place before babri masjid .. i thought it was true but it turned out to be a lie as well as proven by other posters.. lage raho munna bhai.. you can be a perfect babu type neta in India.. apni tarah se baat ko todo aur marodo.. janta to bewakoof hai.. :winky:
:gossip::gossip: Sahi Veer saab? :hatsoff:

Mumbai: 1 held for desecrating Amar Jawan Jyoti One of the two alleged rioters, suspected to have damaged the Amar Jawan memorial during the August 11 violence in Mumbai, has been detained, police said on Tuesday. "Abdul Quadir, who is suspected to have damaged Amar Jawan memorial, is being interrogated. We strongly believe he is one of the two rioters involved in desecrating the memorial," a crime branch official said. So far police have arrested 51 alleged rioters for the Azad Maidan mayhem, in which two persons were killed and over 50 were injured, including 44 policemen, when a rally called to protest the alleged atrocities on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar turned violent. Incidentally, a metropolitan court yesterday discharged three of the accused arrested in connection with the violence after the crime branch moved an application saying that the investigation showed they were not the part of the mob. The court discharged Anees Davare, Aslam Sheikh and Abbas Ujjainwala after the crime branch moved an application under Section 169 (release of accused when evidence is deficient) of the Criminal Procedure Code. On August 11, the protesters went on a rampage, attacking police, including women constables, torching media and police vans, smashing cameras of photo journalists and damaging buses. http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Mumbai/Mumbai-1-held-for-desecrating-Amar-Jawan-Jyoti/Article1-920610.aspx

So as it turns out Raj Thackeray was correct. This haramkhor indeed hailed from Bihar afterall. :((:((:(( Was fleeing into Nepal when he was caught. As Bihar Police would say - Tod danda saale pe. :whack::whack:

"Abdul Quadir Mohammed Younus Ansari (19), an unemployed youth, was picked up from Sitamarhi in Bihar yesterday. Ansari, who had damaged the Amar Jawan Jyoti memorial, was preparing to flee to Nepal by crossing the border when he was apprehended," said Joint Police Commissioner (crime) Himanshu Roy. Ansari, who hails from Bihar, had fled to this state in a train after his photograph was published in the newsAnsari's father is a religious leader, police said adding that he had attended a meeting in Jogeshwari area where he stayed before reaching to Azad Maidan
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2012/aug/280812-Mumbai-violence-Man-who-desecrated-Amar-Jawan-memorial-held.htm

Moral of the story - Employment helps.
Helps Yes, but lack of employment, or lack of education for that matter, is hardly the reason/excuse for such behavior. The best way to deal is to ensure a speedy trial for the riots and hopefully strong punishment for the criminals. Here is wishing the super-star nabbed here does not start getting bheja-fry and keema-gosht in the jail...as seems to be the norm these days.:((:((:((

Ever wondered Veer why before 1992 there were NO Hindu-Muslim riots in Bombay? Even during 1947 partition?
I surely did wondered about this, but wait did you ever wondered why no riots after 2002 in Gujarat specially Ahmedabad which happened to be one of the most communal sensitive place in India. If you can see 1992 as the root of the problem, do not blame babua if someone looks 2002 as solution of the problem.

Why is he not being hanged in public and made an example out of? I would've used roman torture methods like slowly roasting him....saale jis thaali mein khaate hain uss thaali mein ched karte hai traitor b.astard
yaar .. Kassab jese chewtiyaa is having best facility inside the jail .. with biryanis , kababs with Z plus security 24X7X365 days ... at our expense... and u are expecting these goons who have desecrated the memorials to he hanged... Tex pa .. seems u r drinking some nasty stuffs these days .. local made .. hmmm.. Do expect more stuffs like this in the future until and unless someone actually receives the capital punishment...would have these goons done the same thing under the dictatorship of Gaddafi or Saddam .. never ... we have taken democracy to a begarat level... i dunno how to translate begarat in english .. u can substitute a better word for me..

Do expect more stuffs like this in the future until and unless someone actually receives the capital punishment...would have these goons done the same thing under the dictatorship of Gaddafi or Saddam .. never ... we have taken democracy to a begarat level... i dunno how to translate begarat in english .. u can substitute a better word for me..
It has nothing to do with democracy or dictatorship. Remember what happened to the Saddam memorial and the love his subjects flowered upon it. saddam-statue-street20.jpg :P Begeirat is the right word to describe the guys who desecrated the Amar Jawan memorial. Funny thing is that one of the guys who desecrated it was from Bihar and so was one of the soldiers ( this memorial was in memory of 2 soldiers who rebelled while serving in the erstwhile Bombay regiment) were born a few kms away. And both (that soldier and the one who desecrated) were Muslims. At the end of the day its stuff like this that does irreparable damage to what little reputation that we Muslims have left. We can cry all we want about conspiracy theories and whatnot, but the problem is clearly from within. Hope this is a wakeup call for all those in positions to influence the youth to not sit on the fence. If you are not openly against this, or are quiet, you are de-facto supporting such stuff. Hope that the Mumbai police trash the living daylights out of these goons.

Sweet day for justice overall. Kasab loses SC plea, parties demand quick execution The Supreme Court today upheld the death sentence of Ajmal Kasab, one of the 10 Pakistani terrorists who launched the 26/11 Mumbai carnage that claimed 166 lives. "We are constrained to hold that the death penalty is the only sentence that can given in the circumstances of the case," the apex court bench of justice Aftab Alam and justice CK Prasad said. Naroda Patiya riot: MLA, Bajrang Dal leader convicted A special trial court convicted 32 people while 29 accused were acquitted in the Naroda Patiya massacre case. BJP MLA and former minister Dr Maya Kodnani and Bajrang Dal leader Babu Bajarangi were among the convicted. http://www.hindustantimes.com/