Sachin-Saurav to open ?

Ram

Just saw in one of Cricket feeds threads. Cant actually figure out if its a good thing or a bad thing.
As long as both don't try and anchor it should be fine. I reckon Ganguly will have a go early on. India needs to use the power play well and I hope they play Uthappa at no.3.
i feel that sachin coming in middle order was also a reason for india's failure in world cup 2007
I thought Sach at #4 or 5 was an excellent idea. From my memory, he batted well there, scoring over 200 in 3 consecutive innings at better than run a ball. His experience was very handy there and he didn't have to figure out the scoring rate needed, as you do when you're opening.
I would personally prefer Sachin down the order. The romantic in me would want Sachin to open and magically regain his blistering forum from the 90's, but I doubt it will happen with the ball swinging around early in England.
You clearly did not watch his knocks in Belfst against SA on bowler friendly tracks. That was blistering form

got to go back to the most prolific opening partnership in history..... why would anyone break it in the first place, unless u r a bowler? Uthappa must play in my side at number 3..... i will give him the entire 7 matches.... we can go with 4 bowlers, with Saurav and Sachin rolling their arms.... i prefer Chawla over powar simply because he adds more in batting, fielding and the traditional english weakness agaianst wrist spin...

definitely sachin & sourav should open the indian innings, the most experienced and greatest odi opening pair we have ever seen........ i feel that sachin coming in middle order was also a reason for india's failure in world cup 2007
Sachin usually chokes on big occasions no matter wat position he comes:giggle: