India's hope- SRK

coffee_rules

Women dont like sharukh ? thats ridiculous.. he is SO popular, somebody must like him.. I cant imagine teenged boys-20's guys -middle-aged men going gaga for him. over 50+ dont watch that much movies.. that leaves us with only the ladies.

I saw Kal Ho Na ho people.. Why does that movie have to be so depressing ? All the songs are peppy and gay, so i thought the movie might be fun and watched it.. In the end, the climax made all of us cry so badly that , we collected all our tears and sent it via pipe to madras to solve its water problem for a year..

SRK is not fit to shine AB's boots when it comes to acting. Forget AB, Aamir, Devgan and even Saif are better actors than him. What SRK has is persona and charm. He is extremely articulate(not even close to AB though who has such awesome command over England and Hindi) and personable which is why people like him.

SRK is not fit to shine AB's boots when it comes to acting. Forget AB' date= Aamir, Devgan and even Saif are better actors than him. What SRK has is persona and charm. He is extremely articulate(not even close to AB though who has such awesome command over England and Hindi) and personable which is why people like him.
Actually I would say SRK is a damn fine actor. He may not be as good as Aaamir or Amitabh, then again who is. However his initial movies displayed his acting skills. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na is a pretty damn good flick I say. He was very good in Maya Memsaab and covered himself with glory in Baazigar/Darr etc. What I do not like about him these days is that his movies are one-track with same production banner(read Chopras and Johars). And Yash Chopra of today doesnt make a Kaala Pathar or a Deewar or a Silsila. His movies are pretty darn cr@ppy. But SRK as an actor is fairly decent one really. xxx

But SRK as an actor is fairly decent one really. xxx
Yea yea.. he can make people indulge in group weeping.. i can vouch for that.. Tell me honestly , how many here didnt feel moved when he delivers that really emotional speech to preity zinta in kal ho na ho , the one which he reads out from the diary , presumably written by Saif..

Actually I would say SRK is a damn fine actor. He may not be as good as Aaamir or Amitabh, then again who is. However his initial movies displayed his acting skills. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na is a pretty damn good flick I say. He was very good in Maya Memsaab and covered himself with glory in Baazigar/Darr etc. What I do not like about him these days is that his movies are one-track with same production banner(read Chopras and Johars). And Yash Chopra of today doesnt make a Kaala Pathar or a Deewar or a Silsila. His movies are pretty darn cr@ppy. But SRK as an actor is fairly decent one really. xxx
Of course he is decent. Without an iota of acting skills, he would be nowhere. He is decent. For me, his best performances have been Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Swades. Apart from that, all was run of the mill Rahul running around trees stuff. But he is not a better actor than Anil Kapoor, Manoj Bajpai etc.

Yea yea.. he can make people indulge in group weeping.. i can vouch for that.. Tell me honestly , how many here didnt feel moved when he delivers that really emotional speech to preity zinta in kal ho na ho , the one which he reads out from the diary , presumably written by Saif..
That movie is crap. Watch old movie Anand instead, if you really want to cry. KHNH is okay until he starts to die, then the hamming starts....

That movie is crap. Watch old movie Anand instead' date=' [b']if you really want to cry. KHNH is okay until he starts to die, then the hamming starts....
\ That is the point.. Who wants to pay for a movie ticket and cry ? If you go to a movie , you should be either :hysterical: , or :yay: ,or :sex: Def not :cry_smile:

That movie is crap. Watch old movie Anand instead, if you really want to cry. KHNH is okay until he starts to die, then the hamming starts....
I agree. Lekin bhai saab kahan Raja Bhoj kahan Gangu Teli? How in the world can you compare Anand with Kal Ho Na Ho?? Lets see what Anand had: Actors of calibre AB and Rajesh Khanna(who quite frankly outshined AB). And then there was Johny Walker who was the perfect fit for someone who would make you laugh and cry...Damn I love that Jaichand and bhatije shot. Director of calibre Hrishikesh Mukherjee, one of the greatest directors we have had. Music direction by Salil Chowdhary, as good a music director as we have had. Lyrics by Gulzaar, Yogesh and singers like Mukesh, Manna Dey and Lata. Now how does one even dare to stand up against that line boss? :sad_smile:

SRK is not fit to shine AB's boots when it comes to acting. Forget AB' date=' Aamir, Devgan and even Saif are better actors than him. What SRK has is persona and charm. He is extremely articulate(not even close to AB though who has such awesome command over England and Hindi) and personable which is why people like him.[/quote'] exactly.. SRK is more of a ladiez man kinda actor.. and damn guy cries so much in movies.. but AB's tough personalities and acting skills are liked by all.. even to this day he is admired by millions.. I doubt SRK can pull that off after 20-30 yrs from now..

SRK is not fit to shine AB's boots when it comes to acting. Forget AB' date=' Aamir, Devgan and even Saif are better actors than him. What SRK has is persona and charm. He is extremely articulate(not even close to AB though who has such awesome command over England and Hindi) and personable which is why people like him.[/quote'] Saif and Aamir are way way way better than that weeping wuss

Hrishikesh Mukherjee was a genius. My favourite director.
Easily a master of his trade. What a range he had?? From Anand to Golmaal..from shudh Hindi or Chupke Chupke to an authorative Sasumaa in Khubsurat... Man I need to get out some of his DVDs :regular_smile: