Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

Where to start....Ok he played PK ahead of Sree in the 1st test....the gamble worked out great and Sreeshanth had an ordinary rest of the tour but wouldn't your first choice be a guy who had an amazing test series the last one he played?Don't tell me this was a calculated risk bcoz Most of us thought it was fair that Sree should have been ahead of PK...not talking about what was the end result but just the rationale behind this thinking Jaddu in the CB series....sometimes would just be a passanger in the X1...Him being recalled from nowhere itself was a questionable desicion RP singh re-called from a vacation Spot---Now why blame this on the selectors?Couldn't he have played Munaf Patel instead?
PK was never known for any closeness with MS and it was a good decision of playing him ahead of Sree.
Where to start....Ok he played PK ahead of Sree in the 1st test....the gamble worked out great and Sreeshanth had an ordinary rest of the tour but wouldn't your first choice be a guy who had an amazing test series the last one he played?Don't tell me this was a calculated risk bcoz Most of us thought it was fair that Sree should have been ahead of PK...not talking about what was the end result but just the rationale behind this thinking Jaddu in the CB series....sometimes would just be a passanger in the X1...Him being recalled from nowhere itself was a questionable desicion RP singh re-called from a vacation Spot---Now why blame this on the selectors?Couldn't he have played Munaf Patel instead?
dunno about u,but most wanted Sree instead of Ishant,not PK.Ishant had a terrible SA tour.PK was always gonna play being a swing bowler
PK was never known for any closeness with MS and it was a good decision of playing him ahead of Sree.
then how he played so many odis as our delusional skipper thought he was a great odi bowler inspite of having the worse record.btw i agree pk deserved to play ahead of sree as the later was unfit.
I cannot believe some people turn such blind eye to his captaincy errors and blame team.
When the said team goes through stretch of 8 Tests where they struggle to post 200, or bat out more than 70 overs, or don't even manage to last one single session without losing a wkt, it's pretty easy to do :smiley: All said and done no team or captain can do much if that's the level of batsmanship on display.
When the said team goes through stretch of 8 Tests where they struggle to post 200' date=' or bat out more than 70 overs, or don't even manage to last one single session without losing a wkt, it's pretty easy to do :smiley: All said and done no team or captain can do much if that's the level of batsmanship on display.[/quote'] n captain doesnt hv to do much,if batsmen r piling on the runs.it goes both ways
When the said team goes through stretch of 8 Tests where they struggle to post 200' date=' or bat out more than 70 overs, or don't even manage to last one single session without losing a wkt, it's pretty easy to do :smiley: All said and done no team or captain can do much if that's the level of batsmanship on display.[/quote'] I believe the man who captains such a side and makes no changes more responsible .
I believe the man who captains such a side and makes no changes more responsible .
He tries to sit out the seniors (Tendulkar/Sehwag) in the CB series and we all saw what happened. When you have selectors acting as cheerleaders for the said seniors what hope does a captain have of removing them from the team? In fact Dhoni is still being panned for the way Laxman was treated :giggle:
Where to start....Ok he played PK ahead of Sree in the 1st test....the gamble worked out great and Sreeshanth had an ordinary rest of the tour but wouldn't your first choice be a guy who had an amazing test series the last one he played?
Which last amazing series Sreesanth had?
n captain doesnt hv to do much' date='if batsmen r piling on the runs.it goes both ways[/quote'] I am not asking the team to score 500+ every game but surely scoring 300 or so has to be achievable. Do you recall the Aussie series in 2008-09 when Indians didn't score that much but enough for Dhoni to do something about it and the way he set the 7-2 or 8-1 field and asked his bowlers to bowl outside off. But when you are consistently getting bowled out for 160 within 60 overs on Day 1 of a Test you can't do much.
He tries to sit out the seniors (Tendulkar/Sehwag) in the CB series and we all saw what happened. When you have selectors acting as cheerleaders for the said seniors what hope does a captain have of removing them from the team? In fact Dhoni is still being panned for the way Laxman was treated :giggle:
if you are gutless and hide behind selectors to sack senior you deserve flak.
It 'turned' out to be a good desicion....I was not aware that Sree was unfit for the 1st test though so fine I will give him the benefit of the doubt....PK is pretty close to MS given the amount of free passess he got throughout his career
I am not asking the team to score 500+ every game but surely scoring 300 or so has to be achievable. Do you recall the Aussie series in 2008-09 when Indians didn't score that much but enough for Dhoni to do something about it and the way he set the 7-2 or 8-1 field and asked his bowlers to bowl outside off. But when you are consistently getting bowled out for 160 within 60 overs on Day 1 of a Test you can't do much.
On those pitches we had them down 27-4,200-6 and eng 170-5 .but we sat back . in 2008-09 we scored 470 and441 in matches we won.
Which last amazing series Sreesanth had?
South Africa??? Now say if Mukund had an amazing series in WI would he have been chosen ahead of a fully fit Sehwag/Gambhir? The rationale says that we go with the last succesful full-strength team...PK was a back up and he should have been behind the pecking order
Sitting out seniors doesn't mean some obscure chop/change rotation policy...you either drop someone or don't....the chop/change policy was bizarre tbh....wonder what that was going to acheive
On those pitches we had them down 27-4' date='200-6 and eng 170-5 .but we sat back .[/quote'] We didn't sit back, it was the opposing batsmen who counter-attacked. Case in Point was the 27/4 against Aus where Ponting/Hussey went after our bowling and hit at least a 4 every over. Bottomline was that Aussie batsmen were able to do what ours weren't i.e. show up in big moments. We had Aussies on the rope at the end of Day 2 of the first Test. We were 210/2 replying to Aus score of 280 in the 1st innings and then we imploded. If our batsmen had shown some balls and scored 350+ from that position we would have won the match and the whole series could have been different. At the end of the day our batsmen weren't good enough to grab their chances which the opponents did.
South Africa??? Now say if Mukund had an amazing series in WI would he have been chosen ahead of a fully fit Sehwag/Gambhir? The rationale says that we go with the last succesful full-strength team...PK was a back up and he should have been behind the pecking order
It was not an amazing series by any means, but a good series, and he was coming back from injury with a pot belly.