Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

I know that , thats what I said but you asked " how can a bowler bowl with a bent arm etc etc impossible etc etc " Look Ajmal does not straighten beyond the 15 degree point, atleast from what he has been tested by so far.
And that's that - anything above it is a conspiracy theory and coffee table experts go one step ahead in suggesting even Ojha chucks. :facepalm:
I do not understand on point are you arguing. First' date=' you are comparing a cricket bowler to a baseball bowler which is stupid. Second, scientific evidence (and not technology) says that you can not assess a bowler is chucking with the naked eye because of the illusion the eye creates..[/quote'] But thats a still pic, so how can it be an illusion? Illusion is created by the moving hand of the bowler which we cannot figure out. A still picture will give the exact bend
I know that , thats what I said but you asked " how can a bowler bowl with a bent arm etc etc impossible etc etc " Look Ajmal does not straighten beyond the 15 degree point, atleast from what he has been tested by so far.
Whats stops a bowler from deliberately chucking in match and not doing it while testing? During testing there is no batsman at the other end to hit his bad balls away so no pressure of bowling good balls.

^ btw asking just for my knowledge, for legality of a bowling action, does the state of arm at the time as shown above in pic OR right at the moment of releasing the ball counts the most? Cz picture above is a shot many frames before releasing the ball…

2zjgtg9.jpg

That is straightening of the arm at the time of delivery and is throwing. Here's the definition of throwing/chucking... "In the sport of cricket, throwing, commonly referred to as chucking, is an illegal bowling action which occurs when a bowler straightens their arm when delivering the ball" Here's more details... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_(cricket) That straightening of the arm between frames 4 and 5 is exactly what's termed chucking/throwing.

And here's more material which proves the pics by asim show Ajmal chucks...

an attempt was made to define a throw as the straightening of the elbow immediately prior to delivery. This concept was officially accepted in the 4th edition of 1947 MCC code in 1970: 1947 code (4th Edition, 1970): Law 26b – A ball shall be deemed to have been thrown if, in the opinion of either umpire, the process of straightening the bowling arm, whether it be partial or complete, takes place during that part of the delivery swing which directly precedes the ball leading the hand. This definition shall not debar a bowler from the use of the wrist in the delivery swing.
Link... http://www.coachesinfo.com/index.php?Itemid=159&catid=84:cricket-bowling&id=279:bowlinglegally&option=com_content&view=article Ajmal is so clearly straightening his arm just prior to bowling the ball it's chucking as per the laws of the game. Wish ICC had some balls to enforce their own laws.
just curious why does Ajmal were full sleeves even in hot conditions while bowling.Is it to cover anything?
Carrying a concealed weapon rarely means a person is out to shoot someone. Guys, we have to accept Ajmal as the best offie currently, until his form dips or his action is proven to be dodgy.