Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

Ajmal is far better than Ashwin in my opinion. Ashwin has done well against weak teams at home in tests and the upcoming England and Australia series will be a better test of his abilities. Ajmal has won his side a test in England. In ODI's Ashwin restricts runs but Ajmal is a far greater wicket taking threat.

Ajmal is far better than Ashwin in my opinion. Ashwin has done well against weak teams at home in tests and the upcoming England and Australia series will be a better test of his abilities. Ajmal has won his side a test in England. In ODI's Ashwin restricts runs but Ajmal is a far greater wicket taking threat.
Utalk's post is the correct one.
One of the more lopsided comparisons I'll have to say. Ajmal wins this outright even with his left hand tied behind the back. If Paksters had chosen to send him to olympics he'd have won them their solitary medal in javelin throw. How can one not admire that perfect javelin throw technique? article-2090291-0F8745A100000578-685_634x410.jpg
For all people say Ajmal chucks; define chucking and prove how you can tell that he chucks else your statements are off hand.
:asleep:
Once again trolling. The picture does not show Ajmal chucks neither have you defined. For all the science you bring into bowling - wrist position' date=' height, twitch, weight ; you are being horribly unscientific in this. Why this inconsistency?[/quote'] How is it trolling? Cannot you see how much wrist he has bent here. I have not made this pic myself using photoshop. Camera is also a scientific invention.
How is it trolling? Cannot you see how much wrist he has bent here. I have not made this pic myself using photoshop. Camera is also a scientific invention.
How many times have I pointed you out to scientific proof which says that to know that a bowler chucks a 2D frame is not enough which is exactly what you are showing me. In fact, even a 3D frame with the naked eye is not enough. You need to be in 3 different positions in 3D motion. So please argue scientifically not like "Can you see that picture?", "Can you see his arm is bent?". Unfortunately, you should be the one to understand this as you always bring in great "theories" to bowling including muscle strength et al.
How is it trolling? Cannot you see how much wrist he has bent here. I have not made this pic myself using photoshop. Camera is also a scientific invention.
I can't say this enough, he can bend his arm as much as he wants, as long as he doesnt STRAIGHTEN it beyond 15 degrees, he is fine.
How many times have I pointed you out to scientific proof which says that to know that a bowler chucks a 2D frame is not enough which is exactly what you are showing me. In fact, even a 3D frame with the naked eye is not enough. You need to be in 3 different positions in 3D motion. So please argue scientifically not like "Can you see that picture?", "Can you see his arm is bent?". Unfortunately, you should be the one to understand this as you always bring in great "theories" to bowling including muscle strength et al.
I understand what you are saying, but you dont need to be scientific to assess whether a bowler has a dubious action or not. According to your theory, even baseball pitchers dont chuck because we do not have any scientific technology to prove that. Why people mainly only talk about Ajmal and not others?
I can't say this enough' date=' he can bend his arm as much as he wants, as long as he doesnt STRAIGHTEN it beyond 15 degrees, he is fine.[/quote'] So he can bowl with bent arm, wow, how can someone ball with so much bent arm let me know, and how would you assess he has not straighten more than 15 degrees in a match.
So he can bowl with bent arm' date=' wow, how can someone ball with so much bent arm let me know, and how would you assess he has not straighten more than 15 degrees in a match.[/quote'] Look if his arm is already bent before he delivers the ball and then delivers the ball again with a bent arm and it is under the 15 degree mark then he is in the clear. I don't know if he bowls below or under 15 degrees in a match situation or not, but apparently when he was tested ( more than once ) he came out fine so unless he is banned or found to be illegally throwing the bowl, showing pictures of his bent arm or whatever you guys do will not change the fact that he does not bowl illegally.
I understand what you are saying' date=' but you dont need to be scientific to assess whether a bowler has a dubious action or not. According to your theory, even baseball pitchers dont chuck because we do not have any scientific technology to prove that. Why people mainly only talk about Ajmal and not others?[/quote'] I do not understand on point are you arguing. First, you are comparing a cricket bowler to a baseball bowler which is stupid. Second, scientific evidence (and not technology) says that you can not assess a bowler is chucking with the naked eye because of the illusion the eye creates. Now, the way I see it why don't you corroborate your opinion using scientific evidences. There is decent mathematics behind the scientific assessment and then you come along post a picture and claim something tangential. Again I repeat, I am disappointed because for topic X you use science to prove your points and for topic Y you say no need for science. In my books, this is selective amnesia.
Look if his arm is already bent before he delivers the ball and then delivers the ball again with a bent arm and it is under the 15 degree mark then he is in the clear. I don't know if he bowls below or under 15 degrees in a match situation or not, but apparently when he was tested ( more than once ) he came out fine so unless he is banned or found to be illegally throwing the bowl, showing pictures of his bent arm or whatever you guys do will not change the fact that he does not bowl illegally.
It is not about bent arm. It is about how much he straightens the elbow which anyone can see in slow motion replays. Guys like Ojha, Junaid Khan, and Welegedera also bowl with a little bit bent arm, but they don't straighten as much.
I do not understand on point are you arguing. First, you are comparing a cricket bowler to a baseball bowler which is stupid. Second, scientific evidence (and not technology) says that you can not assess a bowler is chucking with the naked eye because of the illusion the eye creates. Now, the way I see it why don't you corroborate your opinion using scientific evidences. There is decent mathematics behind the scientific assessment and then you come along post a picture and claim something tangential. Again I repeat, I am disappointed because for topic X you use science to prove your points and for topic Y you say no need for science. In my books, this is selective amnesia.
Yeah. It is people's delusion that a bowler chucks. :giggle:
It is not about bent arm. It is about how much he straightens the elbow which anyone can see in slow motion replays. Guys like Ojha' date=' Junaid Khan, and Welegedera also bowl with a little bit bent arm, but they don't straighten as much.[/quote'] I know that , thats what I said but you asked " how can a bowler bowl with a bent arm etc etc impossible etc etc " Look Ajmal does not straighten beyond the 15 degree point, atleast from what he has been tested by so far.