Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

We have been seeing such nonsensical article for over 4 years now. The theme is often the same Glorious Talent Father Time is unkind Nobody ever had as much pressure some more flowery language Only he knows when to go. What a bunch of BS. He should have been forced out in 2008, definitely after WC, and we would have been saved from reading these retarded articles atleast!

2008? he was worlds best batsman until world cup.. :hmmm:
Yep. He was given a long rope, made a comeback and royally screwed us again. I am ambivalent to 2008 really. My idea is that he had started to have a bad phase, a real bad phase and should have retired around 2008. I can also see why many see him make a solid comeback and have good years between 2008-2010. It is a matter of perspective really. Prior to 2008(or 07) he was the undeniable king of batting since 90s. Only Lara ran him close. Post 2008 every Tom Dick and Kallis runs him close. Like I said, I am ambivalent to either, I prefered Sachin prior to 2008, many others till 2011.
Yep. He was given a long rope' date= made a comeback and royally screwed us again.I am ambivalent to 2008 really. My idea is that he had started to have a bad phase, a real bad phase and should have retired around 2008. I can also see why many see him make a solid comeback and have good years between 2008-2010. It is a matter of perspective really. Prior to 2008(or 07) he was the undeniable king of batting since 90s. Only Lara ran him close. Post 2008 every Tom Dick and Kallis runs him close.Like I said, I am ambivalent to either, I prefered Sachin prior to 2008, many others till 2011.
What Kind of a logic is that? If players from other countries pick up their game and he is still the best batsman in the team how is that tied to a player under-performing :confused:
Yep. He was given a long rope, made a comeback and royally screwed us again. I am ambivalent to 2008 really. My idea is that he had started to have a bad phase, a real bad phase and should have retired around 2008. I can also see why many see him make a solid comeback and have good years between 2008-2010. It is a matter of perspective really. Prior to 2008(or 07) he was the undeniable king of batting since 90s. Only Lara ran him close. Post 2008 every Tom Dick and Kallis runs him close. Like I said, I am ambivalent to either, I prefered Sachin prior to 2008, many others till 2011.
what? so they backed him and he delivered..he played well in england,australia helped us win many matches then at home was unstoppable probably played like he did in 90's then played at his best imo in south africa and help us level series and then was highest scorer in world cup? i think 2008 would have been bad year to go he still had time and delivered but now his problem is different u can see reflexes are gone and pre meditated foot movement is screwing him. after england tour would have been best time to go personally would have liked him to go after 2011 world cup but u cannot blame him there bt after england was best time...after australia he would have still retired with respect but now he is hurting his legacy
What Kind of a logic is that? If players from other countries pick up their game and he is still the best batsman in the team how is that tied to a player under-performing :confused:
Which is why I mentioned clearly it is a matter of perspective :winky: Other players picking up the game against Malinga, Anderson, Best, Umar Gul is same as Sachin/Lara playing against mcGrath/Wasim/Donald etc?? I dont think so. SRT's aura was dented around this time. Prior to that he was untouchable. Around, and after, he became one of the leading batsmen but so was AVDB, Yousuf Yohana, Sangakarra etc etc. Nobody dared to think of comparing Sachin and Lara with anybody else till 2006. Ponting came closest. See the difference? Hope you do :winky: and if you dont :bootyshake:
Fine by me. Have some biryani on that :clap:
maine biryani dekhi bhi nhi aaj tak! :giggle: all im saying is after world cup =the time where mcgrath and warne retired at top after england=best time.. u fail once u retire no fuss after australia= people could have understood wht he was doing and comments like enjoying cricket would have made sense but now people want him to go and already many people are starting to forget all the good he has done to indian cricket this isj ust hurting ur own legacy and also hurting ur team and future players :wall:

There is nothing wrong in staying on till whenever as long as you are scoring runs and fit into the long term plans. The 2011 WC could have been a good place to stop and given his run over the last few years it would have been a "Why now?" moment. And an ideal point to conclude his ODI career. However, as a cricketer you want to achieve great challenges and a series win in Australia was definitely something to aim for. But continuous failures in England and Australia really should have signaled the end for him - either voluntarily or by force. It would have been a logical point from which newer batsmen could have played home matches before the next away tour and a point where Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman could have said with satisfaction that they tried to win there, but were too old for the challenge and move on accepting it. Dravid and Laxman did that, but Tendulkar has been carrying on as a caricature. And still playing ODIs when he feels like getting mahashataks and skipping test series when he wants to spend time with his kids. Tendulkar being a professional has made a mockery out of professionalism over the last year and a half knowing full well that he is undroppable.

There is nothing wrong in staying on till whenever as long as you are scoring runs and fit into the long term plans. The 2011 WC could have been a good place to stop and given his run over the last few years it would have been a "Why now?" moment. And an ideal point to conclude his ODI career. However, as a cricketer you want to achieve great challenges and a series win in Australia was definitely something to aim for. But continuous failures in England and Australia really should have signaled the end for him - either voluntarily or by force. It would have been a logical point from which newer batsmen could have played home matches before the next away tour and a point where Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman could have said with satisfaction that they tried to win there, but were too old for the challenge and move on accepting it. Dravid and Laxman did that, but Tendulkar has been carrying on as a caricature. And still playing ODIs when he feels like getting mahashataks and skipping test series when he wants to spend time with his kids. Tendulkar being a professional has made a mockery out of professionalism over the last year and a half knowing full well that he is undroppable.
totally agree.. thts wht i meant too
Arre bhale aadmi shouldn't you change that first?? I mean goli maaro Sachin ko, he is not going anywhere. You may as well walk over to Kaka-ji ka dhaaba and have some chicken biryani. Apna gadha janam khatam karo :hehe:
ok thts in my to do list now :--D right next to losing virginity and passing all exams :two_thumbs_up: