Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Elections?

Sachin=GOD

Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Elections?  

1. 1.

What? If you walk out on the street in the US' date=' go to a grocery store, or for a movie etc. etc. you would not even know that there is an election in 2 days. [b']Have you ever seen the posters, music, processions that accompany an election in India?
I am not sure how this is relevant to my point. My point was pertaining to certain mediums. I don't think you need to see posters on the way to grocery store when you are getting bombarded on radio and TV. To address your second point, I have been in India and seen 5 elections and no I don't believe the rallies, posters or music being that prominent in any election. Posters maybe relatively more. But I don't believe it is as penetrating and forceful as an ad.

I am not sure how this is relevant to my point. My point was pertaining to certain mediums. I don't think you need to see posters on the way to grocery store when you are getting bombarded on radio and TV. To address your second point, I have been in India and seen 5 elections and no I don't believe the rallies, posters or music being that prominent in any election. Posters maybe relatively more. But I don't believe it is as penetrating and forceful as an ad.
the rallies and music etc disturb daily life (there are traffic jams in cities with rallies and the loud music is a nuisance in general) in a way that Ads on TV/radio can't.

the rallies and music etc disturb daily life (there are traffic jams in cities with rallies and the loud music is a nuisance in general) in a way that Ads on TV/radio can't.
But there are hardly any in places I have lived in. Maybe because I have only lived in major cities. As far as disturbing daily life, yes wouldn't disagree there.

^ Not sure what point you are trying to make. If it's that elections are more visible and intrusive on public life in the US than in India' date=' then your points is bullcrap.[/quote'] No that was not the point. Although on that point I read atleast 3 links on campaign ads in Ohio and people 's thought on the election. Maybe not intrusive but certainly saturating.

On election-eve, opinion polls show Obama sneaking ahead

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama is poised to win a second term to the White House, barring a "hidden anti-incumbency vote" from disgruntled Americans that Republicans are banking on. Almost every poll leading up to Election Day on Tuesday shows Obama sneaking ahead of Republican rival Mitt Romney, nationwide and in key battleground states. Obama has better chances and more ways of cobbling together the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency than does challenger Romney. Pollsters have sliced and diced numbers from different polls every which way and concluded it will take a hidden hand or miracle for Romney to win. The final Pew Research Poll released on Sunday showed "Bronco Bamma", as one four-year-old dubbed him, huffing to a 48-45 lead (50-47 after undecideds were spilt) after previous surveys showed them deadlocked or having miniscule leads. Obama's handling of the Hurricane Sandy aftermath, despite continuing horror stories from New York/New Jersey, and defensible numbers in the latest job report, appear to have stalled the Romney momentum and tilted the race his way. Exactly six decades after a Univac computer was first deployed to forecast election results in the US, Americans are finding newer ways to predict the winner. That includes employing a former baseball statistician, Nate Silver, to crunch election numbers and come up with odds on a winner instead of even-handed statements with qualifiers that poll pundits are prone to make. While Silver has predicted an Obama victory, Romney backers aren't convinced, saying the odds are still 50-50. So, here's the statistical outtake on the election —though polls show Obama ahead only marginally (48-45 with a 2.2% margin of error), he is a 75% to 80% favorite to win 270-plus electoral votes and with it the White House. The forecast comes not from polls and surveys, but from Nate Silver, a statistician who made a name for himself in sabermetrics, which analyses baseball numbers to forecast on-field performance. While traditional poll pundits are aghast, Silver, who has acquired a cult following in this election, is using their numbers to project that Obama is statistically ahead in states that matter most. Asked in a television interview if he was absolutely convinced President Obama was going to win, Silver chose to answer in a manner that highlighted his methods and conclusions: "I'm convinced that if offered even money I would be happy to bet on Obama. I would need a pretty good price to bet on Romney, the two-to-one wouldn't do for it for me. Three-to-one might." Romney partisans think that is a load of rubbish, and that given the nationwide tie and the toss-up states still in play hours before the election, the odds are still 50-50. They also claim there is a hidden vote and sense of optimism in the Republican camp that the largely liberal media is overlooking. Some GoP partisans are predicting a shock victory for Romney with more than 300 electoral votes, which would count as a massive win if not a landslide (Obama won 365 out of 538 in 2008). They are confident of keeping Obama to a one-term presidency. "It's going to be a big win for governor Romney," his political director Rich Beeson said. Democrat partisans are more circumspect, predicting at least 290 for the President. But Silver has the record to back him up. In 2008, he correctly forecast 49 out of 50 states, although it does not take a rocket scientist to predict more than half the states since they color themselves Red (Republican) or Blue (Democrat) quite prominently. Several other (lighter) ways of assessing the presidential race also suggest that Obama is ahead. Obama Halloween masks outsold Romney masks 63% to 37%; and the mask poll has got it right in the last four elections. Michelle Obama's cookies trumped Ann Romney's by a narrow margin in a magazine contest. The Republican response to all this is that the media is largely liberal and polls are skewed towards strong Democratic states on the coasts. They say there is a Republican groundswell that the media and pollsters have failed to detect. Tuesday night (Wednesday morning IST) will unmask the winner and show which way the cookie crumbled.
Link

Saw Obama's last campaign speech ever. He got a bit emotional and no matter who wins or loses, I know for sure that Obama is a very honest man , a good man and no wonder people still back him. I also saw Mitt's speech and tbh he is looking better with each speech. He does have solid points against Obama but he still looks robotic, you can never connect with him and will never get emotional when he expresses his feelings. Also, had he run an honest campaign, a lot more democrats could have voted for him.

Saw Obama's last campaign speech ever. He got a bit emotional and no matter who wins or loses, I know for sure that Obama is a very honest man , a good man and no wonder people still back him. I also saw Mitt's speech and tbh he is looking better with each speech. He does have solid points against Obama but he still looks robotic, you can never connect with him and will never get emotional when he expresses his feelings. Also, had he run an honest campaign, a lot more democrats could have voted for him.
Awee...are you falling for sleazy mitten? He just says anything to get elected. I'm surprised he came close to convincing you...

Awee...are you failing for sleazy mitten? He just says anything to get elected. I'm surprised he came close to convincing you...
he is an honest man , mitt might mean well but he is the one who is sleazy.ok let me ask you one simple thing, whom would you prefer to work for, obama or mitt ? Also, whom would you want as your colleague ?

he is an honest man , mitt might mean well but he is the one who is sleazy.ok let me ask you one simple thing, whom would you prefer to work for, obama or mitt ? Also, whom would you want as your colleague ?
Obama is the answer to both. I'll pick Romney for only one thing - if I'm in board and I need a new CEO or I need a partner, then ill choose him for his business acumen and because honesty is not the most important criteria. Anyway, confused about the first sentence. Who is honest and who is sleazy? I think Obama is the former and Romney is the later and I think you would agree with me, but just want to clarify.

Nearly three-fourth of Indian-Americans vote for Obama in swing states Indian-Americans vote for President Obama in swing states: Survey Nearly three-fourth of Indian Americans have voted for US President Barack Obama in the swing states, according to a survey. WASHINGTON: Nearly three-fourth of Indian Americans voted for US President Barack Obama in the swing states which are considered to be decisive in final results, a sample survey has found. In the survey done by San Francisco-based April Media among those voted from Ohio, Colorado, Wisconsin, Florida and Virginia, 75 per cent of Indian Americans voted for Obama. In Pennsylvania, however, the community favoured Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate. Indian Americans in Pennsylvania think that "Obama did not bring about the changes he promised," April Media said. Interestingly, among total Indian Americans in these swing states, only 40 per cent were registered to vote as rest of them was either on a temporary visa status or permanent residents, the press statement said. In the national survey, 60 per cent favored Obama, while 20 per cent favoured Romney. As many as 10 per cent of the people surveyed stayed away from voting while 10 per cent did not even bother to register to vote. "The interesting thing was about 20 per cent of Indian Americans who believed in Republican policies defected towards Obama camp," said April Media in a statement issued here. Source: TOI