Laxmi ratan shukla plans to back out of icl

suma25

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/icl/content/current/story/307991.html
Newspaper report cites reasons for change of heart Shukla hints at ICL pull-out Cricinfo staff August 23, 2007 According to a report in the Kolkata-based Anandabazar Patrika, Bengal allrounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla has indicated to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) that he will not be signing his contract. ICL officials have reportedly given JP Yadav, who joined from Railways and is believed to be close to Shukla, the task of convincing him to stay back. The paper says players close to Shukla have told him his backing out now would undermine his credibility. The paper cites several reasons for Shukla's change of heart. One is financial; the day after Shukla and 40-odd others were unveiled by the ICL, the BCCI announced substantial hikes in domestic pay packets. He is also believed to have told Prasun Mukherjee, the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president - through a telephone call facilitated by an association official , Snehasish Ganguly (brother of Sourav Ganguly) - that he had issues with the way he was treated as a player. Despite solid performances, his case, he said, had never been pushed by the East Zone selector; also, he had often been demoted in the batting order. What caused him most upset, the paper said, was how, though being the official vice-captain, others had stood in on two occasions that captain Deep Dasgupta was absent. Earlier, the CAB had indicated to NDTV, an Indian news channel, that Shukla had pulled out of his ICL contract as his parents wanted him to continue playing for Bengal. © Cricinfo

Most hilarious news is this: BCCI will deal with all sponsors: Modi Thursday, August 23, 2007 16:17 IST MUMBAI: The BCCI said on Thursday that the decision to debar players joining the rebel Indian Cricket League from its activities would not apply to its sponsors. The BCCI will continue to deal with all their sponsors irrespective of whether they get associated with the Essel Group-floated ICL or not, its Vice President and marketing in-charge Lalit Modi said. "We decided not to be associated with the players who join the ICL as we have trained them and spent money on their development. But the companies who are our sponsors are individual entities and are free to get associated with any other organisation. We will continue our relationship with them," Modi said. The BCCI had, at its Special General Meeting here on August 21, passed a resolution unanimously that while players were free to join any other organisation, they would be barred from taking part in any activities by the board and would also not be entitled to any benefits from it. As a consequence, former captain and one of the game's legends, Kapil Dev, was stripped of his post as Chairman of the BCCI-run National Cricket Academy and replaced temporarily by Vice Chairman Ajay Shirke till the September 28 AGM. Besides, 44 Indian players who had joined the league a day earlier were also debarred from taking part in any board-related activities. ------------------------------------------------------- So they'll bar the current players, even ex-players from BCCI the moment they align themselves with BCCI, even decide to cancel the pensions of few retired players in ICL who earned that by serving for them for more than 15 years, but won't bar the sponsors!!!

Umm.. this is news ? This is LR Shukla we're talking about yeah ? :P
my point was .... why do u announce the person as part of the league when he hasnt even signed on the dotted line yet sab full n final karne ke baad hi announce karna chahiye tha....itni jaldbaazi kyun
...>>>>The BCCI said on Thursday that the decision to debar players joining the rebel Indian Cricket League from its activities would not apply to its sponsors. :hysterical::hysterical:
I thought they'd come out to debar even the spectators who watch ICL matches!!!
my point was .... why do u announce the person as part of the league when he hasnt even signed on the dotted line yet sab full n final karne ke baad hi announce karna chahiye tha....itni jaldbaazi kyun
but why this idiot has to pose for photos when heasnt even signed the contract and when hes not sure of it... he screwed up both the chances at the end

Still.....He is the one going around poaching...he will be held responsible.Kapil is getting big bucks to get these guys into the ICL fold.... If this thing doesn't take off and these guys can't pay up ...then what ? did he guarantee that this was a sure hit.....?

Dont think we can blame Paaji for this..he is doing a job afterall. As for LR Shukla, he's getting the proverbial cold feet here, I expect a few more guys to go through this. Fpr Zee this could be potentially disastrous, the last thing they want is a reverse drain!!

If this thing doesn't take off and these guys can't pay up ...then what ? did he guarantee that this was a sure hit.....?
They'll be contractually bound to pay up for the first 3 years and that's as good enough guarantee as you are going to get in today's world. The money they'll make in those 3 years is almost as good as what they would have played under BCCI in 6. I don't think they are being cheated.
They'll be contractually bound to pay up for the first 3 years and that's as good enough guarantee as you are going to get in today's world. The money they'll make in those 3 years is almost as good as what they would have played under BCCI in 6. I don't think they are being cheated.
I'd say it is as money as you'd make playing for BCCI in your entire career. Note that BCCI does not promise any amount to the players. ONLY THE PLAYERS SELECTED TO PLAY THE MATCH get the match fee. And we all know what politics is there at the state level selection!! There is no retainership amount for BCCI players even for one year, forget about 3. ICL players will get quite an ample sum.
Still.....He is the one going around poaching...he will be held responsible.Kapil is getting big bucks to get these guys into the ICL fold.... If this thing doesn't take off and these guys can't pay up ...then what ? did he guarantee that this was a sure hit.....?
As far as I know, Kapil Dev is only the Chairman of ICL. Approaching the players and convincing them is done by various agents, like their agent to Pakistan is Moin Khan.

I will say it again, it is critical from Indian cricket's perspective that there is some level of real competition to BCCI. Only competition can force them to change for the better. Today they are a monopoly and act like one. They treat their customers (paying public) and their assets (players) like crap. I hope that ICL atleast has a couple of successful seasons .. just enough to scare the **** out of BCCI