Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

He has 2 good games followed by 4 or 5 bad games. I can understand him being given a long rope cos he works hard and gives his all but its time to send him back to domestic cricket. From what i have seen and from what i have read on this forum, we have pacers with decent potential at domestic level that should be given a chance. I really hope he is able to develop consistency one day and fulfill the potential displayed in his early years.

He has 2 good games followed by 4 or 5 bad games. I can understand him being given a long rope cos he works hard and gives his all but its time to send him back to domestic cricket. From what i have seen and from what i have read on this forum, we have pacers with decent potential at domestic level that should be given a chance. I really hope he is able to develop consistency one day and fulfill the potential displayed in his early years.
Consistency is a problem ,But the only problem ,His bigger problems are technical his has lost his natural inswing and pace.If you are bowling at 140+ and swing ing you have greater leeway in case of accuracy.B ut if you are bowling at 130-135 with no swing .You will get hammered. Really he needed to be dropped even during the pak series as bowl was not coming out right from his wrist.
Consistency is a problem ,But the only problem ,His bigger problems are technical his has lost his natural inswing and pace.If you are bowling at 140+ and swing ing you have greater leeway in case of accuracy.B ut if you are bowling at 130-135 with no swing .You will get hammered. Really he needed to be dropped even during the pak series as bowl was not coming out right from his wrist.
agree with everything.. also he has not learnt anything those two youngsters had plan ..and can control there swing...but this guy still does not knows when it will swing for him and when it wont ..u can really plan anything without control then now his pace afteri njury he has lost about 10-12 k's! :omg: thats a huge dip in pace.. u just have to wonder whats he is thinking ..why is he even in team..

Two matches, Overs: 14 Runs: 114 RPO: 8.14 Wickets: 0 And hardly going past 135 kmph. His career was summed up by his second over to KP. Where bowls 5 good deliveries, then the last one just ambles along bowls a non-effort ball half tracker, which KP easily deposits away for four. Ishant Sharma just doesn't have it in him to maintain a good over, physically and mentally. :nervous:

just replace him we had 2 youngsters here troubling 2 best batsmen in world and u still cant be sure weather shami will play next game :rofl:
Yes. Ishant was undoing all the work Shami and BK did in first 10 overs yesterday. He looks low ion confidence and not sure of himself what he is doing.

imo ishant should jsut be sent to play county or ranji cricket for a year minimum...being a hardworker im sure he will improve..this way he will also get into his damn head that he is not unlucky but not good enough and he needs to improve his attitude is different from guys like rp singh so i will always have hope with him that he wil one day become good bowler but for that he needs to be sent away from international cricket for good of both indian team and him

Ishant should just focus on Tests. His Test bowling form has steadily improved over the past year and with Zaheer on the way out, Ishant needs to take on the senior pace bowler role in Tests. I think Ishant, Yadav and 1 pure swing bowler (maybe BK or Shami) are the way to go in Tests and in ODIs go with Aaron, BK and Shami.

ishant's test bowling has improved? :omg: when ?pl show me where he won us a match in last year !
Well we haven't won any matches but he's bowled a lot more spells where the majority of his deliveries are in good areas and he's been able to build pressure from one end. He is a very useful bowler to have in tandem with a genuine strike bowler at the other end.
Well we haven't won any matches but he's bowled a lot more spells where the majority of his deliveries are in good areas and he's been able to build pressure from one end. He is a very useful bowler to have in tandem with a genuine strike bowler at the other end.
no most of his deliveries odnt even hit stumps he got reverse in last test but tht was it and even with that he was not lethal now not to mention his pace has actually dropped (instead of improving ) same with seam position and now even action!
no most of his deliveries odnt even hit stumps he got reverse in last test but tht was it and even with that he was not lethal now not to mention his pace has actually dropped (instead of improving ) same with seam position and now even action!
Most of his deliveries don't hit the stumps? Lol ... how old are you kid? First of all, one thing soooooo many Indian fans fail to understand is, in Test cricket you cant just pick 4 bowlers that are "wicket-takers" and expect to take wickets. This is not park cricket where a skillful bowler just turns up and takes wickets. You need to bowl as a team. You need a combination of genuine strike bowlers and the guys that build pressure. The problem with India for far too long has been we've never really bowled as a team. We've relied for too long on Zaheer having a brilliant spell (or Kumble before that), so its not ingrained in our mentality. Look at the Aussie team that beat us last year. How many deliveries which got us out were "brilliant" deliveries? Very few ... but it was the way they built pressure. Looking to the future, Ishant falls into the category of being a guy that can build pressure from one end. The problem with many Indian fans is that they just don't get the concept of 1 bowler taking wickets for another bowler, because their precious stats and YouTube videos can't prove that.
Most of his deliveries don't hit the stumps? Lol ... how old are you kid? First of all, one thing soooooo many Indian fans fail to understand is, in Test cricket you cant just pick 4 bowlers that are "wicket-takers" and expect to take wickets. This is not park cricket where a skillful bowler just turns up and takes wickets. You need to bowl as a team. You need a combination of genuine strike bowlers and the guys that build pressure. The problem with India for far too long has been we've never really bowled as a team. We've relied for too long on Zaheer having a brilliant spell (or Kumble before that), so its not ingrained in our mentality. Look at the Aussie team that beat us last year. How many deliveries which got us out were "brilliant" deliveries? Very few ... but it was the way they built pressure. Looking to the future, Ishant falls into the category of being a guy that can build pressure from one end. The problem with many Indian fans is that they just don't get the concept of 1 bowler taking wickets for another bowler, because their precious stats and YouTube videos can't prove that.
gr8 i guess chappel has not talked abt ishant lately :dontknow: no wonder ur still talking like its 2010