Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

What? Can you provide some links to substantiate this claim? And KT, you are talking of Tests. I agree, Dhoni needs to be 'rested' from the tests. Both as a player and a captain. But I'm talking of ODIs. He's the best ODI wk-batsman in the world for many years running. No denying that.
You need to get with the programme and read the news:giggle: Common knowledge http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-12-12/top-stories/35772793_1_mohinder-amarnath-n-srinivasan-selection-committee
What? Can you provide some links to substantiate this claim? And KT, you are talking of Tests. I agree, Dhoni needs to be 'rested' from the tests. Both as a player and a captain. But I'm talking of ODIs. He's the best ODI wk-batsman in the world for many years running. No denying that.
I dont think seperate captains for test and ODIs will work because we will have a scenario of having a young test captain and a tenured ODI captain. This will defnitely form groups within the team and insecurity will come in. Dhoni will be bitter on his removal and will be insecure. So IMO if Dhoni is removed from test captaincy, he should be removed from all forms of captaincy. And I am sure this was why the selectors wanted him gone as captain from all forms
I dont think seperate captains for test and ODIs will work because we will have a scenario of having a young test captain and a tenured ODI captain. This will defnitely form groups within the team and insecurity will come in. Dhoni will be bitter on his removal and will be insecure. So IMO if Dhoni is removed from test captaincy, he should be removed from all forms of captaincy. And I am sure this was why the selectors wanted him gone as captain from all forms
Not sure if I agree with that. His ODI captaincy is still decent, but in Tests he seems to run out of attacking ideas. There's no reason why split captaincy can't be used as an interim. Look at South Africa. Smith & De Villiers play Tests and ODIs but Smith captains Tests and De Villiers captains ODIs. I don't think the question is whether or not we can manage split captaincy. It's more about who right now can be the Test captain. Sehwag? Gambhir? Kohli?
Not sure if I agree with that. His ODI captaincy is still decent, but in Tests he seems to run out of attacking ideas. There's no reason why split captaincy can't be used as an interim. Look at South Africa. Smith & De Villiers play Tests and ODIs but Smith captains Tests and De Villiers captains ODIs. I don't think the question is whether or not we can manage split captaincy. It's more about who right now can be the Test captain. Sehwag? Gambhir? Kohli?
I think that is still the crucial question. And the answer (as popularly perceived) is that split captaincy will create its own set of politics and will further fragment this already fragmented group of people.
He might have just resurrected Rohit's career and people can't stop moaning.
Ridiculous. Did Dhoni score those runs? Had KP taken that catch, would you have said Dhoni ruined Rohit by asking him to open? Or going by the same logic, do you also think Ganguly made the careers of Sehwag, Bhajji, Yuvraj and Zaheer?
I think that is still the crucial question. And the answer (as popularly perceived) is that split captaincy will create its own set of politics and will further fragment this already fragmented group of people.
I disagree. I think the advantages of split captaincy outweigh the disadvantages. A captain solely focused on Test cricket, who's record will be judged by the team's Test performance will place a greater emphasis on Tests than someone who's record can be defended by ODIs / T20s. Think about it this way. If you ignore India's World Cup victory, India's World T20 victory and the CB series win in Australia do you Dhoni would be able to survive this long as Test captain of India given his record? He was captain when India became No.1 but other than that has he done enough?
he'll survive even a whitewash against australia. Nothing going to happen him as long as he is VP of Indian Cements.
We play away from home next where we are going to lose to england,Australia,southafrica and It would be hard even for dhoni to continue after so many drubbings.