US Election Debate

vvvslaxman

No, but let's not pretend that they dont want to rule the world under sharia. Obama has created a mess by helping such fascists come to power all across the middle-east. Step closer to ghazwa-e-hind? We shall soon find out. :pray:
Like not bombing the cr@p out of them and letting them decide their own future? How terrible of this evil Obama. :winky:

Obama is worse. Since Obama took office: Trillions more in debt. More people on foodstamps than ever before. Skyrocketing fuel prices. Unemployment through the roof. Islamists in power all across middle-east. Worst of all, the hack does not take responsibility for anything, even though; 'he built that'! :headshake:
I am no BHO fan nor am I completely satisfied with this performance so far, but you seem to be talking only about the consequences of the great recession without dwelling on what caused it in the first place. Irresponsible tax cuts and wars from GOP. How is Obama supposed to fix consequences of 8 years of crappy policy in just 4?!? To borrow Clinton's words, you are blaming Obama for having not cleaned up the mess that GOP created fast enough?!? GOP seems to vividly remember the Raegan years, but not the Bush years that flushed the country down the tube. You can stick your head into the sand, but that doesnt change the facts.

As the election gets nearer and nearer you can see the dirty work of Fox news increasing. last time they went to Bill Ayres house and forced him to give interview at the last minute, used Joe the plumber.. This time you will see some "new breaking news" from FIX news network. I miss Keith Olbermann this time.

Like not bombing the cr@p out of them and letting them decide their own future? How terrible of this evil Obama. :winky:
I support Obama (because I think he is far better than Romney), but his record with civil liberties is as bad as GWB Drone attacks Not repealing Patriot Act Using executive privelege/state secret reasons for shutting down multiple investigations including Fast and Furious. NDAA Execution of an american citizen without trial (agreed he was alqaeeda, but this is too much executive privelege and easy to start a slippery slope.)

^ agree. But, as I have become older and hopefully wiser, I have realized that, in real life, I might never get a president or governor ( or pm or cm) who is going to be perfect by my standards. I always have to pick from two or more candidates in whom I don't like some aspects of. I just need to weigh the pros and cons and pick one who I think is best for the nation at large. In this election, I have decided Obama is it because the alternative is completely unacceptable to me. More than Romney, I would like to never have another GOP president because I deeply differ from their extreme religious, social and economic views and i hope that not having presidency in a few election cycles might moderate their views.

^Romney isn't extreme by any means, but if he wins, he will have to do more or less what the extreme wing thinks. If Romney wins and house is controlled by dems, the situations wouldn't be half bad. But right now the there is no hope for dem control of house. I think the worst thing that happened to US in recent times was the 2010 mid-term elections, that ****ed up the House by adding tea-party candidates, finished any chance of Obama being able to do anything for 2 out of 4 years, etc.

^Romney isn't extreme by any means, but if he wins, he will have to do more or less what the extreme wing thinks. If Romney wins and house is controlled by dems, the situations wouldn't be half bad. But right now the there is no hope for dem control of house. I think the worst thing that happened to US in recent times was the 2010 mid-term elections, that ****ed up the House by adding tea-party candidates, finished any chance of Obama being able to do anything for 2 out of 4 years, etc.
+1

The third debate should seal it for Obama. He has two major aces up his sleeves in killing Osama and ending the war in Iraq. The only sore issue would be the killing of the ambassador in Libya which Romney will keep his focus over. Other than that I doubt Romney has got that much of a clue on foreign policy given that he called Russia their number 1 enemy.

I think the worst thing that happened to US in recent times was the 2010 mid-term elections, that ****ed up the House by adding tea-party candidates, finished any chance of Obama being able to do anything for 2 out of 4 years, etc.
So true. And that is one of the reasons I dont mind Obama winning it again.. he needs more time to do more right things.. Romney winning will do more of 'undoing' than anything constructive. I am conservative by nature but listening to conservative radio is just painful these days... very biased and hate mongering views.

I don't think Romney is extreme right. I just think of him like a snake oil seller. Will tell you anything to get elected, sort of like Indian politicians. Best case, he'll get elected, nominate some a right winger or two as supreme court judge, support some anti consumer mergers (like AT&T and t-mobile) and go out as a okay president. Worst case, he'll do the above and go to war over Iran and repeal some good portions of the healthcare reform, privatize 401k and Medicare, cut tax for rich americans and increase the deficit and so on. I'm mainly against the extreme right views of GOP and tea party. If they don't get presidency in couple of elections, GOP will move to the center and it'll be good for the USA in general.

^Romney will call China currency cheats or whatever he termed it as' date=' from day 1.[/quote'] I love his plans I will go hard on china and tell them .. look you cant do this ... I will go hard on arab nations and tell them .. look you cant do this.. I will go hard on Iran and tell them .. look you cant do this .. I will go hard on Russia and tell them .. look you cant do this.. Its very similar to the 5 point plan.

When it comes to China' date=' Obama should skewer Romney and his out-sourcing ways at Baine Capital.[/quote'] That is dishonest IMO, Baine is his business and he will do whatever he can do to maximize profits. If he sent some state funded work overseas while being Gov then one might have a point else its like using "You didnt build that" slogan which is also being dishonest considering Obama was making another point.

That is dishonest IMO, Baine is his business and he will do whatever he can do to maximize profits.
Nothing dishonest about it ... Romney and Baine maximized corporate profits at the detriment of American workers ... no ? Obama should push this point as it alienates all but Mitt's 1% buddies.