Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

Jaddu ? He is in the first team and so is Rahane. Would release Rohit and Pujara if they are not playing and Call up Tiwary as a replacement or maybe Rayudu for waterboy duties.
No point in sending the teams to Dharmshala. Min temperature has been hovering around -2, -3 for the last few days and likely to continue.
Mumbai nearly through to the finals. Good news is no final at Wankhede as Women's WC matches are scheduled. So it could be Brabourne or DY Patil, both much better wickets than the patta at Wankhede whih have been rolled out this season. Hopefully BCCI will give due importance to the Ranji finals and release Pujara, Jaddu and Rohit before 26th when the finals begin.
If India win the next game, Pujara may make his ODI debut in final match and if he makes a good score, may even get to retain his place and you are saying he should play Ranji game ?
Mumbai nearly through to the finals. Good news is no final at Wankhede as Women's WC matches are scheduled. So it could be Brabourne or DY Patil, both much better wickets than the patta at Wankhede whih have been rolled out this season. Hopefully BCCI will give due importance to the Ranji finals and release Pujara, Jaddu and Rohit before 26th when the finals begin.
Finals will be at Wankhede.. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/601635.html

Sheldon Jackson is one to keep an eye on. Averages 61 in his short Ranji career, and has not failed in a single match this season. Didn't see his batting in the SF though. Also need to see whether Vishal Joshi can repeat his SF heroics. Nayar has a good chance of making it to the A-side even if he fails.

Sheldon Jackson is one to keep an eye on. Averages 61 in his short Ranji career, and has not failed in a single match this season. Didn't see his batting in the SF though. Also need to see whether Vishal Joshi can repeat his SF heroics. Nayar has a good chance of making it to the A-side even if he fails.
What the heck!!! With a name like that, I wonder if sheldon Philip Jackson is related to this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jackson :--D:--D If his dad were to coach Saurashtra, Mumbai are truly gonna face the heat :winky:
Big game for Dhawal' date=' Unadkat and Nayar IMO. They do well, they probably go to the A side.[/quote'] Likes of Kulkarni bowl mostly on flat pattas of west zone. If he plays more matches in North or East Indian sides, he would be taking as many wickets as likes of Sandeep, Kaul, Mohit and Pandey. He has really gained in pace in last 2-3 years from 125K bowler to now in excess of close to 140K, pretty much at same pace of Pandey and Kaul and can also move the ball both ways.
Likes of Kulkarni bowl mostly on flat pattas of west zone. If he plays more matches in North or East Indian sides' date=' he would be taking as many wickets as likes of Sandeep, Kaul, Mohit and Pandey. He has really gained in pace in last 2-3 years from 125K bowler to now in excess of close to 140K, pretty much at same pace of Pandey and Kaul and can also move the ball both ways.[/quote'] how do know his current pace, any recent videos?
Saw him in Ranji quarater which was televised at Wankhede on a patta against Baroda. He had bowled really well' date=' took wickets too.[/quote'] I remember him bowling in the high 130's to early 140 in the IPL, but then was not a success in the champions league and then just disappeared, no where to be seen until the 5fer he has taken now. He does have potential but he needs to do something special to come in the eyes of the selectors, i believe he was part of the A team also but dint do much there either. In IPL he was getting lot of bounce and some movement, was certainly quicker and his build has improved, nice biceps , triceps he has developed compared to his debut season. But the only concern i have with all the upcoming bowlers is that none of them is even 6 feet. Umesh, Varun , Kaul , Bhuvi , Shami , dhawal , dinda etc. all can cross 140 except bhuvi who touches 140 but they lack in height. It's not a distinct disadvantage, but having height has it's own advantages. The only other bowlers i see who have this advantage are Pandey , Pankaj Singh, which is why i feel Pankaj needs a look in since he has improved on his pace too. He is already in the high 20's in terms of age, India needs to use him before he ripes.
I remember him bowling in the high 130's to early 140 in the IPL, but then was not a success in the champions league and then just disappeared, no where to be seen until the 5fer he has taken now. He does have potential but he needs to do something special to come in the eyes of the selectors, i believe he was part of the A team also but dint do much there either. In IPL he was getting lot of bounce and some movement, was certainly quicker and his build has improved, nice biceps , triceps he has developed compared to his debut season. But the only concern i have with all the upcoming bowlers is that none of them is even 6 feet. Umesh, Varun , Kaul , Bhuvi , Shami , dhawal , dinda etc. all can cross 140 except bhuvi who touches 140 but they lack in height. It's not a distinct disadvantage, but having height has it's own advantages. The only other bowlers i see who have this advantage are Pandey , Pankaj Singh, which is why i feel Pankaj needs a look in since he has improved on his pace too. He is already in the high 20's in terms of age, India needs to use him before he ripes.
Height is advantage but not much. There have been a lot of successful bowler with shorter heights. It is movement and accuracy which is more important with decent pace.
Height is advantage but not much. There have been a lot of successful bowler with shorter heights. It is movement and accuracy which is more important with decent pace.
Thats why i said it has its own advantages, but i still feel you have got to be really special if you are 5,8' - 5,10' and successful. Marshall , Malinga , Gough who were shorter in height but skiddy with pace and some unique skills of their own to make them successful.