Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

Well done Mumbai. Totally dominated the knock out rounds and showed why they are 40 time champs now. The biggest gainer could be Dhawal, bowled one of the better spells in domestic cricket, 5-er in semis, 9 wickets in the finals. Another good performance in Irani Trophy and a national call up will not be far away.
He is not international quality.
He is not very tall and bowling also looks innocuous. Saurashtra batsmen played very poorly.
Awesome. Not sure how much you have seen him bowl in domestic cricket. If he is looking innocuous to you, then good luck finding a bowler at the domestic level. As for the height, wonder what Bhuvi, Dinda, Shami are doing in the national side.
Awesome. Not sure how much you have seen him bowl in domestic cricket. If he is looking innocuous to you, then good luck finding a bowler at the domestic level. As for the height, wonder what Bhuvi, Dinda, Shami are doing in the national side.
I'm talking about tests. Bhuvi, Dinda are not good enough for tests. Shami could be good if he increases his pace and bowls 140+ consistently. Otherwise, they should have an accurate line and length and the smartness and skill to set a batsman up like Zaheer which comes with experience. He also gets reverse swing which is crucial in Indian conditions. These bowlers dont seem to have none of those qualities as yet. The best thing to hope is for BK, Shami to play more ODIs, FC and foreign tours and work on their skills and get experience till they become good enough as wicket taking bowlers in tests.

Dhawal looks a much improved bowler. He is getting bounce and moving it both ways at lively pace. Decent areas too. He can be a prospect surely but as most bowlers in team India are on the shorter side, I would like new additions to be taller or genuinely quick, provided they are good. I would prefer Pandey and maybe Pankaj ; Warrier and Rajpoot if they turn out to be good after gaining some experience. So, I would like Dhawal to be in the pace bowling pool but not the first choice unless he can perform really well in Irani against India's best.

whole tournament he got wickets and runa...not saying he should be in indian team thts upto selectors i dont care if he is in or not but he has performed well in our biggest domestic tournament' date='deserves more respect then vijays and bislas of ipl:hatsoff:[/quote'] agree:two_thumbs_up:

No he didn't. As for Dhawal, i am still not sure. Hasn't looked as impressive as Shami or Sidarth Kaul did despite the wickets. Pankaj Singh basically does the same thing as him with more accuracy and also a 6 feet 6 height. Same with Ishwar Pandey. Might be worth keeping in consideration though.