Kejriwal

King Tendulkar

May be true. You fail to recognize the significance of this performance. The point is a common man stood upto veteran politicians with all muscle, financial and system powers with huge infrastructure support and trumped them. If that doesn't inspire you and I don't know what would. I am not celebrating victory of Kejriwal, I am celebrating victory of Democracy. He goes to Shiela Dixit's den and defeats her comprehensively. Remember Shiela Dixit is hand-picked candidate of Family and all the backing of whole congress. How many of us would have given a chance to a common man who standing up to powerful politician like Shiela Dixit ? Awesome. Inspiring.
+1. If this trend can be replicated across the country, politicians would be forced to focus on development instead of politics of appeasement

May be true. You fail to recognize the significance of this performance. The point is a common man stood upto veteran politicians with all muscle, financial and system powers with huge infrastructure support and trumped them. If that doesn't inspire you and I don't know what would. I am not celebrating victory of Kejriwal, I am celebrating victory of Democracy. He goes to Shiela Dixit's den and defeats her comprehensively. Remember Shiela Dixit is hand-picked candidate of Family and all the backing of whole congress. How many of us would have given a chance to a common man who standing up to powerful politician like Shiela Dixit ? Awesome. Inspiring.
Top post

actually i am glad he didnt get majority. gives AAP opportunity to gain the much needed experience on how the system works by sitting in opposition. BJP MLAs will continue to be corrupt also given BJP won MCD election by 2017-18 whenever then next elections are , APP will be able to grab MCD, hopefully shown the whole of India how constructive opposition can work. Anyways i think this is a great day, i just hope AAP doesnt change after winning a few seats.

In an exclusive interview with NDTV, Mr Kejriwal said that politics has taught him patience and made him inclusive as far as people and issues are concerned. Following are the highlights of his interview:
  • Let the Lt. Governor decide what happens in Delhi next
  • We will be a responsible opposition
  • It is a joke to suggest that we could take support from Congress
  • We don't need a character certificate from Rahul Gandhi
  • It makes no difference to me that Rahul Gandhi said Congress needs to learn from AAP
  • I feel bad sometimes when Anna Hazare criticises me in public. I want his blessings
  • So what if Prashant and I have different views on Kashmir. Individuality should be encouraged
  • I would describe my mood as being at peace with myself
  • Today history has been made and Indian politics have changed forever. We are very ordinary folk, this is people's victory
  • The victory margins you see for the AAP candidates show how angry the people were
  • BJP is trying approaching our candidates. People will try to break AAP but none of our members are going to give in
  • We don't have majority. How can we take support from the Congress
  • Rome wasn't built in a day. We have reached this far. Now we'll go on from here
  • Do you see a wave for Narendra Modi? Where is it? The BJP's vote share has gone down
  • The people of Delhi have given hope to the people of India. Only the common man can save India
  • We aren't just a party of Delhi. We have to remove corruption from the entire country
  • The democracy of India was held hostage by communal, corrupt politics of these parties. We have liberated it today
  • I don't want to become Prime Minister or Chief Minister. I am just a common man
  • The people elect their own leaders from the grassroots. Leaders don't come with appointment letters
  • The people have rejected both the BJP and the Congress in Delhi
  • Politics has taught me patience and made me inclusive as far as people and issues are concerned
  • We are not here to make careers, we have left our careers to clean up the system

EC to recognise Aam Aadmi Party as State party in Delhi

With the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) winning over 28 of the 70 seats in the Delhi Assembly elections, the Election Commission is all set to recognise it as a ‘State party.’ The party registered as a political party by the Commission only in March this year. Informed sources said the Commission would write a letter to the AAP in this regard after all the results are declared and the election process is over. To get recognition as a State party, all the candidates set up by the party together should get a minimum of eight per cent of the valid votes polled in the entire State or secure a minimum of six per cent of the total votes polled and one Assembly seat for every 25 seats in that State. The AAP, which was allotted “broomstick†as the election symbol by the Commission from among the common symbols following a request in this regard from AAP, will now have the choice of retaining “broomstick†as its permanent election symbol or it can design its own poll symbol provided it fits within the rules and regulations of the Commission. That concession of choosing a common symbol for all the AAP candidates in Delhi was given by the Commission as a one time gesture. EC recognition will entail the parties to participate in the all-party meetings convened by the EC/the State/Central governments, get a permanent common symbol for all their contestants, privilege to address the voters through the All India Radio and Doordarshan during poll. If a political party is recognised as a “State Party†in four or more States then it will automatically become a national party. Recognition is given only based on the poll results of Assembly/Lok Sabha general elections and by-elections are not taken into account for considering this. A party, which is recognised as a State or National party, loses its recognition if it performs poorly in the subsequent polls. Mr. Kejriwal, a former member of India Against Corrpution (IAC) movement, founded by Anna Hazare, launced AAP on November 26, 2012, after he fell out with the latter. AAP has a 23-member national executive committee and Mr. Kejriwal is its national convenor.

well.. a test has come up for Kejriwal. A police complaint of molestation has been filed against one of his newly elected MLA. Going by his high principles of clean politics, would he ask this MLA to resign? or would he allow with somebody with a criminal record to continue? http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/molestation-case-filed-against-aam-aadmi-party-mla_895593.html

Molestation case filed against Aam Aadmi Party MLA New Delhi: A case of molestation was filed against Dharmendra Koli — Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) newly-elected MLA from Seemapuri, on Monday. The police complaint was filed against Koli by the wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan who alleged that Koli molested her during a victory rally after his win in the assembly elections on Sunday, reports said. She, in her complaint, also alleged that Koli's supporters threw alcohol bottles inside a Valmiki Temple in the area. Incidentally, Dhingan was defeated by Koli in the Seemapuri constituency. Dharmendra Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was fatally injured in a road accident in August. He was given a ticket by the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP after his sister's demise.

well.. a test has come up for Kejriwal. A police complaint of molestation has been filed against one of his newly elected MLA. Going by his high principles of clean politics, would he ask this MLA to resign? or would he allow with somebody with a criminal record to continue? http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/molestation-case-filed-against-aam-aadmi-party-mla_895593.html
And you believe the word of a politician's wife against his rival candidate? Complaint != Criminal Record

And you believe the word of a politician's wife against his rival candidate? Complaint != Criminal Record
An FIR has been lodged. An FIR = Criminal Record (Until acquitted by the court). We always highlight no of politicians who has criminal cases pending against them, why don't we give them too this benefit of doubt. Technically a criminal case is pending against this MLA now that too of sexual assault on a woman. It is of little use that whether I believe allegation to be true or not.

An FIR has been lodged. An FIR = Criminal Record (Until acquitted by the court). We always highlight no of politicians who has criminal cases pending against them, why don't we give them too this benefit of doubt. Technically a criminal case is pending against this MLA now that too of sexual assault on a woman. It is of little use that whether I believe allegation to be true or not.
This will be a big problemn for AAP as they grow. No doubts many will try and smear theire clean imgae by filing and making false allegations against their candiates. Also as they grow they will have some bad apples as its law of averages, so again mud will be thrown on them. However, I have faith in AAp to take action against genuine bad apples and to find out if false smear allegations like it is in this case. Tricky for AAP to handle in future in terms of image. I suppose their best policy is just to behonest. If fals back the canditate, if true chuck them out. But no doubts will many dubious tactics from oppos to smear them. One thing is for sure is for sure, whatever the odd aap member might do, it will all be 0.00000000000001 % of what other parties do

Politicians will become biggest victims of women centric laws.Just wait and watch how rival parties will unleash these type of cases .Anyway a welcome bouncer on Aap .Welcome to politics

Well so far many a fake manufactured smear has been done. Congress being main ones. Anyhow many seem happy with existing political parties and how india is. Good luck to you guys!
BJP might have many shortcomings... TBH it has not got much opportunities to govern India as compared to Congress. It might've got a good opportunity to rule again now only to have AAP come in the picture to play spoilsport... You don't effing need an AAP to effing 'change the political structure and system' NOW when effing BJP was getting a chance after 10 years of misrule by Congress... The end result will be that no opposition parties will be able to make a viable stable govt. in 2014 which will frustrate the public and make them select Congress again as soon as the Govt. falls and elections happen in say 1 or 2 years time...

BJP might have many shortcomings... TBH it has not got much opportunities to govern India as compared to Congress. It might've got a good opportunity to rule again now only to have AAP come in the picture to play spoilsport... You don't effing need an AAP to effing 'change the political structure and system' NOW when effing BJP was getting a chance after 10 years of misrule by Congress... The end result will be that no opposition parties will be able to make a viable stable govt. in 2014 which will frustrate the public and make them select Congress again as soon as the Govt. falls and elections happen in say 1 or 2 years time...
sorry bjp stink with money making men. Corrupt, not as much as congress I agree though