Who should be Indian test captain?

Who should be Indian test captain?  

1. 1.

• Dhoni
    • Sehwag
    • Kohli
    • Gambhir
    • Other (state who)

Personally I think Kohli would make a good captain. He has potential to be a good test player but is yet to deliver and until then cannot be made captain. Dhoni should be in the team but not captain. Zaheer is not guaranteed to play every game or for long enough. Sehwag is one option. Too early in the careers of players like Pujara. Gambhir I personally think has been found out and not good enough as a test player.

Kohli or Pujara under a coach who is a hard task master like Chappell or Whatmore and takes authority and responsibility than backseat. That will lessen the pressure from Young captain. Put a few more youngsters in the team. As long as Dhoni-Fletcher continue nothing will change.

Kohli, it will be a Graeme Smith like appointment. And we need a totally different type of coach too. Somebody like Wright or dare I say it....Chappell! These Gary Kirsten silent types are not working with the current XI.
:facepalm: Kirsten was very good.its Fletcher whos crap.dont mix

For all of you talking of a young captain and Kohli being made the captain like Smith, a small stat. As a captain, in his first 3-4 years as captain, Smith only won series vs the likes of BD, WI and New Zealand. He lost to Pakistan, SL, India and Australia away from home, lost to England and Australia at home. After being appointed the captain in 2003, till 2006 his record read 15 series played, 6 won, 7 lost and 2 drawn. Not sure oif Kohli or any other young captain, if made the captain, will have the same support from our fans and our board with such a record.

I don't want to see Dhoni as captain, but I can't really think who should be our captain. Kohli has been struggling in test cricket. He was our best bet. But giving him captaincy might add more pressure on him. Gambhir - He should not be in the team. Forget captaincy. SRT - Nah Zak - He won't play most of the matches. Lazy, unfit. :headshake: Ashwin - No. Sehwag - His place is not in danger and he can play for another 4-5 years. Pujara - Not sure. He looks like only safe candidate. Yuvraj - :laugh: