Anti Virat Kohli Club

:hysterical: Yeah right :agree: I would have loved to stick to this place and laugh at him after the South Africa series. The ship is alive and kicking, and the next ten Tests will prove so. No one asked me to take that bet, but I am a punter, and keep taking such bets. I have another bet on Kohli running with another site member, and if I stay around, even that one will reach its logical conclusion. If you think Kohli's batting in this Test and the last one has been sensational, then I don't have much to say. :giggle:
Again, why this hate for Kohli? As an Indian fan shouldn't you be pleasantly surprised at being proved wrong about Kohli?
Again' date=' why this hate for Kohli? As an Indian fan shouldn't you be pleasantly surprised at being proved wrong about Kohli?[/quote'] As an Indian fan, I am a bit worried that we consumed too many deliveries today and didn't go for the offensive a bit early. I hope that doesn't take away the opportunity tomorrow for the 4-0 whitewash. And to answer your real question - No 'hate' for Kohli really. Just fair and objective criticism of his performances. Go through the first 20 pages of this thread if you care.
As an Indian fan, I am a bit worried that we consumed too many deliveries today and didn't go for the offensive a bit early. I hope that doesn't take away the opportunity tomorrow for the 4-0 whitewash. And to answer your real question - No 'hate' for Kohli really. Just fair and objective criticism of his performances. Go through the first 20 pages of this thread if you care.
But that was today. I was wondering what was the motivation for the club earlier? Whatever we have seen of Kohli in odis and in Tests against Aus (in Aus) pointed to him being the one for the future.
:hysterical: Yeah right :agree: I would have loved to stick to this place and laugh at him after the South Africa series. The ship is alive and kicking, and the next ten Tests will prove so. No one asked me to take that bet, but I am a punter, and keep taking such bets. I have another bet on Kohli running with another site member, and if I stay around, even that one will reach its logical conclusion. If you think Kohli's batting in this Test and the last one has been sensational, then I don't have much to say. :giggle:
Saurav da, the ship is sinking and kaptaan sahab is abandoning the sinking ship. Your confidence in your ability to predict Kohli's return has been shattered by Kohli's sensational batting. You are no longer confident of making cricketing assertions with regards to Kohli and thus are quitting the club and site. What's bad is that like Mullahs of Taliban you have brainwashed a young generation to be suicide bombers while you conveniently move to the next pasture. The brave thing to do would be to hold the edifice of the sinking ship rather than abandoning it and letting your brainwashed soldiers sink with it.
When Kohli cam they were not in a hit out or get out situation. They were still trailing. Then when they got the lead he kept losing partners so he couldn't settle and build a partnership. Toward the end he managed to hit a couple of boundaries. What more do you want from him? An Afridi-esque innings scoring 28 balls an over? Then Kohli is not cut out for that.
Nonsense. No one is cut out for that. And FYI he is an ODI player whose got a SR of over 85 and who has played a finisher's role in quiet a few matches in LOI. I won't be surprised if someone like Pujara doesn't score in the end but the likes of Gambhir and Kohli whose got good records in LOI should look to score when you are 8 down. Seriously, 8 down. Any player with a bit of common sense would look to hit out or atleast trying farming the strike. Something that Gambhir did not do in the England series and now Kohli. Stupid attitude.
Batting with the tail is a difficult skill to master..lets not be too harsh on Kohli.
He could have tried. Everyone tries when you are 8 down and the ball is moving around at 146Ks.
:agree: Getting me out of ICF was a bigger agenda for him than helping India achieve an emphatic whitewash. :(( We all know who to blame if this match ends up in a draw now. :mad:
You can re-join the club. :agree: Just like myself and Lord did.
Yeah Waugh' date=' Tendulkar, Laxman all lack common sense. :facepalm:[/quote'] Steve Waugh? 8 wickets down and we desperately need a decent lead and the only batsman in the side defends the ball and gives the strike to a No.11 batsman and he gets castled. That surely does makes a hell lot of a sense!!!
Steve Waugh? 8 wickets down and we desperately need a decent lead and the only batsman in the side defends the ball and gives the strike to a No.11 batsman and he gets castled. That surely does makes a hell lot of a sense!!!
Yes Steve Waugh, considered one of the best batsman with the tail used to bat exactly like that.
Yes Steve Waugh' date=' considered one of the best batsman with the tail used to bat exactly like that.[/quote'] He had more capable batsman down the order. Would you compare Ojha with someone like Gillespie? Give me one good reason why you would give someone like Ojha to face 4-5 balls against a bowler who has picked 4 wickets and the ball moving around at some serious pace? We needed runs at quick pace as well. So there is absolutely no darn reason for him to defend around and give Ojha the strike.
He had more capable batsman down the order. Would you compare Ojha with someone like Gillespie? Give me one good reason why you would give someone like Ojha to face 4-5 balls against a bowler who has picked 4 wickets and the ball moving around at some serious pace? We needed runs at quick pace as well. So there is absolutely no darn reason for him to defend around and give Ojha the strike.
He used to bat the same way with McGrath.
He had more capable batsman down the order. Would you compare Ojha with someone like Gillespie? Give me one good reason why you would give someone like Ojha to face 4-5 balls against a bowler who has picked 4 wickets and the ball moving around at some serious pace? We needed runs at quick pace as well. So there is absolutely no darn reason for him to defend around and give Ojha the strike.
Actually Waugh used to bat the same way with McGrath at the other end as well.
He used to bat the same way with McGrath.
Situation was different here. I have stated that earlier. Ojha hasn't really been a good tail ender against pace bowlers. IIRC he was out in that Mohali match in 2010 against Mitchell Johnson (wasn't given out though). Ishant is someone who can stick around and he has done that in Australia as well but it was quiet obvious that Ojha wouldn't survive long enough against Siddle. And Kohli is someone who is capable attacking in the end.
Situation was different here. I have stated that earlier. Ojha hasn't really been a good tail ender against pace bowlers. IIRC he was out in that Mohali match in 2010 against Mitchell Johnson (wasn't given out though). Ishant is someone who can stick around and he has done that in Australia as well but it was quiet obvious that Ojha wouldn't survive long enough against Siddle. And Kohli is someone who is capable attacking in the end.
No the situation was not different. There is a school of thought in cricket followed by very successful batsmen with the tail like Waugh and Laxman who never shielded the tail.
No the situation was not different. There is a school of thought in cricket followed by very successful batsmen with the tail like Waugh and Laxman who never shielded the tail.
I meant the run rate and the time left in the game doesn't really give someone the freedom to block around everything that comes at you. I can't be sure if its only Kohli's decision or the dressing room's as I won't be surprised if Dhoni had asked him to be defensive.