India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

I think there's a case of moving Jadeja n even Ashwin up the order.let Yuvraj n Raina bat just in slog overs.Jadeja n Ashwin can consolidate in the middle order as they have the patience for it
What? Dekho itne bhi bure din nahi aaye.Raina played some handy knocks vs pak.Yuvraj has done well in indis vs eng.
What? Dekho itne bhi bure din nahi aaye.Raina played some handy knocks vs pak.Yuvraj has done well in indis vs eng.
yes but they are not comfortable playing in a consolidating role,n Jaddu n Ashwin are not comfortable attacking.I just want to maximise thier abilities,have Jaddu n Ashwin consolidate in the middle n launch attack with Raina/Yuvraj

I hope its a start for further changes. Assuming Gambhir doesn't score against England, they'll probably drop him and bring back Sehwag for tests because we need experience as per the selectors. Just go with a new talented pair for effs sake. If they fail, its the usual as the old one except they learn something at the highest level.

Found it difficult to adjust to new ODI rules: James Tredwell England's off-spinner James Tredwell on Tuesday admitted that the visitors were finding it difficult to adjust to the new ODI rules after they lost back-to-back warm-up matches against India 'A' and Delhi here respectively. The new ICC rules make it mandatory for the teams to have five fielders inside the circle and use two new balls from each end. Ūt was certainly not an ideal start but more than the result, we were looking about executing our plans. The new ODI rules were a bit difficult and we were spinning our heads around it, said Tredwell at the post-match press conference. ŵhe first match in Rajkot will be very important and it will be nice to play in venues which are warmer than Delhi, he added. Tredwell conceded that the bowlers need to lift their game after being hit by batsmen from the second string Indian side. Ÿe will certainly not trying to blast them off with our pace but we need to bowl straight. The positive thing from this match was that our batsmen got to spend time in the middle which did not happen in the last game," he said. England play the first of the five-match ODI series against India in Rajkot on January 11 Refer Same: http://cricket.expressindia.com/news/found-it-difficult-to-adjust-to-new-odi-rules-james-tredwell/1056387/

no' date='just a short term option till our batting is struggling.will develop them as batsmen too[/quote'] What makes u think they will handle the new ball better.Jadeja has a worse technique than both raina and yuvraj and ashwin struggles ot find gaps to rotate strike.
What makes u think they will handle the new ball better.Jadeja has a worse technique than both raina and yuvraj and ashwin struggles ot find gaps to rotate strike.
new ball?I m talking of middle overs 15-35 what I mean is that Yuvi n Raina dont hv the patience to see off a spell n build innings.case in point the 2nd ODI where we lost 2 quick wickets but still Yuvraj got out playing an expensive pull shot,Raina was stumped too going for a shot wen needed.thats understandable because thats uncomfortable for them.OTOH Jadeja n Ashwin came in wen RRR was high n they perished trying to score bcoz they r not comfortable doing it.I just want to put all of them in comfortable roles. even Dhoni has a worse technique than Yvraj n Raina.hardky matters. n singles r there for the taking in middle overs. its worth a shot imo.all I m saying that the batting order should be flexible
new ball?I m talking of middle overs 15-35 what I mean is that Yuvi n Raina dont hv the patience to see off a spell n build innings.case in point the 2nd ODI where we lost 2 quick wickets but still Yuvraj got out playing an expensive pull shot,Raina was stumped too going for a shot wen needed.thats understandable because thats uncomfortable for them.OTOH Jadeja n Ashwin came in wen RRR was high n they perished trying to score bcoz they r not comfortable doing it.I just want to put all of them in comfortable roles. even Dhoni has a worse technique than Yvraj n Raina.hardky matters. n singles r there for the taking in middle overs. its worth a shot imo.all I m saying that the batting order should be flexible
Our top order was blown off also there are 2 new balls now from either end ,so they will probably again face new ball and short balls too.Yuvraj has many centuries so i do not know how he does not know how to build an innings and raina played decent knocks considering the conditions.We have 5 fielders inside now so singles are not so easy .Jadeja and ashwin have more chance to fail at 4-5.Jadeja should not even be in the team if ashwin is going to bat above him .Better to play ojha or any other regular spinner.
Our top order was blown off also there are 2 new balls now from either end ' date='so they will probably again face new ball and short balls too.Yuvraj has many centuries so i do not know how he does not know how to build an innings and raina played decent knocks considering the conditions.We have 5 fielders inside now so singles are not so easy .Jadeja and ashwin have more chance to fail at 4-5.Jadeja should not even be in the team if ashwin is going to bat above him .Better to play ojha or any other regular spinner.[/quote'] see I want Dhoni at 4 too.so top 4 should be able to last 15 overs imo.things arent as bad:--D about Yuvraj's centuries,sure,not doubting his ability.but hes not in form.wen in form he could do that.but now he tends to throw it away.he never really curbs hs strokeplay.Raina did okay,but we miss his power strokes.which we could hv at the end.he didnt really do what hes good at.was out of his comfort zone. Jadeja lacks strokeplay,but is decent wen he just needs to survive n knock it around.ditto with Ashwin.as for other spinner over Jadeja we cant really have 4 tailenders.if we play 3 seamers n Irfan isnt there,Jaddu is necessary