pak troops cross LoC, kill 2 Indian jawans brutally (decapitated)

seedhi

whole indian media was literally unstoppable in calling Pak army barbaric' date=' brutal, uncultured, uncivilized blah blah despite such was not actually a response from indian army, still they all kept on I would say playing with indian people sentiments till they didnt came to know their own indian 'doodh ki dhuli' army in past have been involved in such activities against Pak and that time they all were like Oops...[/quote'] What oops? Stop making things up! All that was said was true. Beheading an india soldier to take as trophy and play football with is savgery.

What oops? Stop making things up! All that was said was true. Beheading an india soldier to take as trophy and play football with is savgery.
India media was right. barbaric' date=' uncultured savagery, how esle can you describe the beheading which happend in 2011 and now 2012.[/quote'] Yeah they were barbaric, uncultured, unabc, inxyz according to your media only till the time they didnt came to know indian army too have done exactly the same in past... that was 'ooops'

Yeah they were barbaric' date=' uncultured, unabc, inxyz according to your media only till the time they didnt came to know indian army too have done exactly the same in past... that was 'ooops'[/quote'] When/where ? Barkha Dutt's supposed claim ?

When/where ? Barkha Dutt's supposed claim ?
Check it out yourself... btw Pak army did that? "When/where ?" now I am in "denial mode" Note: "Denial mode" is applicable only on Paksitani people, Pakistani media, Pakistani Army, Pakistani govt.

Check it out yourself... btw Pak army did that? "When/where ?" now I am in "denial mode" Note: "Denial mode" is applicable only on Paksitani people, Pakistani media, Pakistani Army, Pakistani govt.
We have had two martyrs without heads this month. The chief of Army went to visit the families. Was that a drama for you just like 26/11 ? Did your army/press report the exact same thing or do they have this chalta hai attitude about headless soldiers ?

We have had two martyrs without heads this month. The chief of Army went to visit the families. Was that a drama for you just like 26/11 ? Did your army/press report the exact same thing or do they have this chalta hai attitude about headless soldiers ?
Sir, no need for me to convince you whether/if/when/ever such thing happened with our army and how that time our govt or army or media responded... Thats not the topic here, at least mine... & on topic: if you guys dont see any problem in how your media 'played' with this issue or actually u think no such thing done by your media and was all done perfectly in right spirit then who am I to have any problem, I just had my personal opinion, nothing else and you ofcourse have right to disagree...

Sir' date=' no need for me to convince you whether/if/when/ever such thing happened with our army and how that time our govt or army or media responded... Thats not the topic here, at least mine...[/quote'] You raised it, please elaborate if you want to discuss it. There's no point in straying around here and there and then backing off when someone questions the fundamental point you put forward. Media played nothing, they bring to forth topics that are either important or sell well. In this case, I would think it met both criteria. No respectable nation likes to lose its young men to external forces. You wouldn't like it at all and I would hope your media too demands answers from your leaders (the ones holding the power) when your citizens are killed by outsiders. Another brethren of yours questioned India's democracy since the media according to him was not mature. Hello, free media does not mean it'll behave as you expect it to do so. A democracy precisely allows multitude of opinions including those you refer to as war mongers. I'll again share a biased article (American this time) with you, think again if you feel your media is mature & independent or simply a slave of your army: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/09/19/110919fa_fact_filkins?currentPage=all

^ Do you personally follow all of mainstream Pakistani news channels major programs? If so only then I can take your opinion seriously about Pakistani media. Had you followed Im sure you wudnt have cameup with above article cz surely you have no clue about reaction came on Pakistani media itself after that murder. I am not claiming everything is fair n square in Pakistani media, hell lot of issues r there, so many of them are highly doubted as on secret payrolls but honestly speaking in recent times things have definitely started moving towards right direction which is one really positive sign here. and yeah I questioned your media mainly because of their approach towards this particular issue and again I can only say if You think your media done everything Right, thats your opinion and dont seems changing mine, cant discuss it further and if you take it as I am I backing-off, be it sir...

^ Your delightful country showed how they treat not only indian solidiers but pakistan soldiers. Savages is the right word. Kargil war which you lost of course to mighty india(our win ratio in wars v pakistan is same win ratio we have against you in cricket world cup matches) was down to your idiot general mushy launching an attack. But you fools tried to make out it was some kind if indegenous attack and nothing to do with pak army. Anyhow you had loads of dead soldiers, so being nice guys we offered them back to you guys so you could give thme a proper islamic burial and respect your dead. But you guys are so sick and wrapped up in this delusional weird world of hate, you proclaimed that they were not your soldiers at all, so did not want the dead bodies back and we could do what we wanted with them. Savages even to your own. Thus being civilised we gave your soldiers(which you refused to take back) a proper islamic burial. http://www.rediff.com/news/1999/jul/11karg1.htm http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2010-11-18/news/27598982_1_kargil-sector-kargil-war-pakistani-soldiers

A suggestion here - let's keep off the personal attacks and discuss the issue in a mature manner. Generalizing that some country is full of dumb $*****s and are fools does not help in getting across the point. asim, Pioneer, Utalk have been respectful to the general population of India despite their founded or unfounded reasons for their anger against the Indian media. Surely, we can extend them the same courtesy?

i have explained this in the past where nobody bothered to challenge this, but i will say this again: Indian army *IS* more credible than the Pakistani army. Our army has been loyal, always submitted to government review/corruption committees and we've even courtmarshalled/fired high level army people for corruption. Pakistani military, on the other hand, is a rogue institution, has no loyalty,credibility and your former president (Mushy), an army man, himself is evidence of how your institutions lack any credibility- he claimed the Kargil incident was done by Kashmiri militants, yet gave out Nishan-e-Haidar to the dead, which are clearly applicable to Paki soldiers only. None of your institutions have any credibility, so why should we take your military's claims over Indian military's claims ? In cases of 'he said vs she said', it boils down to credibility- take for eg, rape. If there are no witnesses, whether the rape occured or not, is largely determined by pitting the credibility of the accused against the accuser. If the accuser is found to have faulty credibility (eg: the Peurto Rican maid in the former world bank cheif's rape case), the case is dismissed. In similar vein, when we pit Paki army vs Indian army in the credibility stakes, Indian army clearly wins and as such, by precedence, if its 'he said vs she said', Indian army's claims win by default. This is the price your crappy army pays for not having established any credibility.

A suggestion here - let's keep off the personal attacks and discuss the issue in a mature manner. Generalizing that some country is full of dumb $*****s and are fools does not help in getting across the point. asim' date=' Pioneer, Utalk have been respectful to the general population of India despite their founded or unfounded reasons for their anger against the Indian media. Surely, we can extend them the same courtesy?[/quote'] +

i have explained this in the past where nobody bothered to challenge this, but i will say this again: Indian army *IS* more credible than the Pakistani army. Our army has been loyal, always submitted to government review/corruption committees and we've even courtmarshalled/fired high level army people for corruption. Pakistani military, on the other hand, is a rogue institution, has no loyalty,credibility and your former president (Mushy), an army man, himself is evidence of how your institutions lack any credibility- he claimed the Kargil incident was done by Kashmiri militants, yet gave out Nishan-e-Haidar to the dead, which are clearly applicable to Paki soldiers only. None of your institutions have any credibility, so why should we take your military's claims over Indian military's claims ? In cases of 'he said vs she said', it boils down to credibility- take for eg, rape. If there are no witnesses, whether the rape occured or not, is largely determined by pitting the credibility of the accused against the accuser. If the accuser is found to have faulty credibility (eg: the Peurto Rican maid in the former world bank cheif's rape case), the case is dismissed. In similar vein, when we pit Paki army vs Indian army in the credibility stakes, Indian army clearly wins and as such, by precedence, if its 'he said vs she said', Indian army's claims win by default. This is the price your crappy army pays for not having established any credibility.
good point, The very fact that the Pakistan army, the Government of Pakistan and especially the people of Pakistan have yet to bring any form closure for the atrocious genocide committed by Pakistanis in Bangladesh in 1971, it's long way to go for Pakistan to gain even an ounce of credibility.

Pakistani troops awarded UN Medal in Congo. 25th March, 2012 . RAWALPINDI: Pakistani troops serving in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) were awarded UN medals in an impressive medal parade ceremony held in Bukavu on 23 March 2012. Force Commander, MONUSCO Lieutenant General Parkash was the chief guest on the occasion. He along with other dignitaries awarded UN medals to the officers and troops of Pakistan Contingent VII. While congratulating the Pakistani troops on the successful completion of their tenure, the chief guest lauded the efforts and sacrifices of Pakistan Army Personnel for restoration of peace and stability in the region. He appreciated the discipline and professionalism shown by this contingent during their tenure of duty in South Kivu. Earlier, a spectacular medal parade was witnessed by honorable guests which included Acting Governor of the South Kivu, Mr Etienne Babunga, Contingent Commanders, Senior Military Personnel of Congolese Army / Police, UN Officials and other notables of the province.

Ban Ki-Moon pays tribute to Pakistani peacekeepers. January 23, 2013. NEW YORK: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Monday paid high tributes to Pakistani peacekeepers for their service under the UN flag in hot spots around the world, saying they had made ‘remarkable contribution’ in maintaining peace coupled with helping families and communities suffering from war. “I have personally met brave Pakistani men and women who serve proudly in some of our toughest missions around the world. They are truly an inspiration,” the UN chief said at an exhibition of photographs celebrating more than 50 years of Pakistan’s participation in UN peacekeeping operations. The exhibition followed a debate on UN peacekeeping in the Security Council convened by Pakistan, which hold the presidency of the 15-member body for the month of January. The photographs depicted Pakistani soldiers and civilian administrators hard at work- building peace and bringing development in conflict zones. “This wonderful exhibition reminds us that peacekeeping is more than mandates and missions – it is our collective promise to help families and communities suffering from war,” Ban told a large gathering of heads of mission accredited to the United Nations, senior UN officials and journalists. “This is what our nearly 94,000 uniformed peacekeepers do each day in 15 different missions on four continents,” the secretary-general said of the peacekeepers. “The world has great faith in these blue helmets. Countries are entrusting us with more and more challenging tasks. That is why we need highly trained and well-equipped personnel. We need more men – and especially more women – who can bravely go into dangerous situations to bring relief to civilians.” Since its first deployment to Congo a half century ago, he said Pakistan had sent troops to 33 former missions. Today, almost 9,000 Pakistani uniformed personnel serve in six missions. “The United Nations is deeply grateful for their contributions,” the secretary-general said. “Pakistan’s historic commitment to peacekeeping has taken a heavy toll. One hundred and thirty-two Pakistanis have lost their lives while serving the UN. We owe them a great debt of gratitude.” He narrated instances of Pakistani peacekeepers’ planning in saving lives in Congo, but singled out Shahzadi Gulfam, Lahore’s Deputy Superintendent of Police and Winner of the 2011 International Female Police Peacekeeper Award, for a special tribute amid warm applause. “Ms Gulfam is an excellent example of Pakistan’s spirit of service – and she is a true global citizen,” the secretary-general said. “I hope many people will be inspired by her spirit…” Earlier, Pakistan UN Ambassador Masood khan welcomed the guests, saying, “As we speak today, some 9,000 peacekeepers are serving in seven missions – in Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Darfur, East Timor, Haiti, and Western Sahara. In all these places, he Pakistan peacekeepers were holding the two flags high— of the United Nations and Pakistan. The ambassador quoted Pakistan’s founding father, Quaid-i-Azam, as saying, “Pakistan will never be found lacking in … upholding the principles of the Charter”. He added,”Our peacekeepers fulfill that commitment of our Quaid”. Pakistan Army’s Vice Chief of General Staff, General Mazhar Jamil, reaffirmed Pakistan’s support to UN peacekeeping for the maintenance of international peace and security. Gen. Jamil, who especially came from Pakistan participate in the event, read out a message from the Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani, saying, “Pakistan Army shall remain, as it has always been, a catalyst for peace to achieve the ideal of collective security; a sine-qua-non for human prosperity. “Our commitment to globa peace remains unwavering and steadfast.” Pakistan’s commitment towards promoting international peace stems from the vision of our Founding Father. Since its inception, Pakistan has played a significant role as a responsible member of the international community to help bring global peace through active diplomatic, moral and material support in various regions of the world”. DSP Ms. Gulam, who became the star of the event after lavish praise heaped on her by the UN Secretary-General, said, “Working as peacekeeper made me realize that human suffering has no language and no caste or creed. It can be felt across the human hearts and minds even if they do not speak the same language or share the same religion. This experienced helped me immensely in my national duties as well. “Pakistani women are serving in police and military with distinction. We have a strong women police force with separate women police stations. Women in our law-enforcement agencies have rendered memorable services and sacrifice, particularly in the fight against terrorism and extremism. This has enriched our experience, enhanced our capacities and made us more resilient. I hope that the UN will engage more women from Pakistan in peacekeeping duties. We will do a good job.”

Inquiry confirms Kashmir unmarked graves. Report says more than 2,000 bodies found buried in unmarked graves, believed to be victims of the separatist revolt. 21 Aug 2011. More than 2,000 bodies have been found buried in several unmarked graves in Kashmir, believed to be victims of the divided region's separatist revolt, an Indian human rights commission said in a report. "At 38 places visited in north Kashmir, there were 2,156 unidentified dead bodies buried in unmarked graves," the inquiry report published on Saturday by the Indian government's Jammu and Kashmir State Human Rights Commission (J&KSHRC) said. The graves were found in dozens of villages near the Line of Control, the military line dividing Kashmir between India and Pakistan. Nearly 50,000 people have been killed in mainly Muslim Kashmir since a revolt against New Delhi's rule began in 1989. The report, which comes after a three-year inquiry by an 11-member team, is the first official acknowledgement that civilians killed in the two-decade conflict may have been buried in unmarked graves. It stopped short of confirming that suspicion, long alleged by rights groups, but said: "there is every possibility that ... various unmarked graves at 38 places of north Kashmir may contain the dead bodies of locals". Indian authorities have consistently denied systematic human rights violations in Kashmir and say they probe all such reports and punish the guilty. 'Thousands disappeared' India and Pakistan have fought two wars since 1947 for control of the territory, which is divided between them. India accuses Pakistan of arming and training separatist fighters, but Pakistan says it only offers moral and diplomatic support for their cause More than 68,000 people have been killed in the uprising against Indian rule. Most have been civilians. Rights groups have said some 8,000 people have disappeared, and accused government forces of staging gun battles to cover up killings. The groups also say suspected separatist fighters have been arrested and never heard from again. The state government has countered that most of the missing were likely Kashmiri youths who crossed into Pakistan for weapons training. In 2008, a rights group reported unmarked graves in 55 villages across the northern regions of Baramulla, Bandipore and Handwara, after which researchers and other groups reported finding thousands of single and mass graves without markers. Indian officials set up the commission to investigate and also began a separate police investigation, the findings of which have yet to be released. The commission's 17-page report also urged DNA profiling to identify the bodies, saying the matter should be "investigated thoroughly by an impartial agency". The head of a local rights group welcomed the report as vindicating its research into the graves. "Security agencies accused us of maligning the image of the armed forces,'' said Pervez Imroz of the International People's Tribunal on Human Rights and Justice. Now, "we will seek judicial intervention if the government fails to implement the report's recommendations". Source:Aljazeera

Latest human rights report ‘embarrassing’ for India. 9th December, 2012 . For the first time since the inception of popular armed uprising against Indian rule in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989, two leading human rights groups have named 500 “alleged perpetrators”— including two Major Generals and three Brigadiers of the Indian Army besides many other serving officers and soldiers — involved in killings, fake encounters, torture, rape and other serious crimes like abduction and enforced custodial disappearances in the disputed Himalayan region. After the discovery of about 6,000 unmarked and mass graves in different parts of the Kashmir Valley not that long ago, the latest report could finally ‘embarrass’ the “world’s largest democracy”. According to International Peoples’ Tribunal for Human Rights and Justice in Indian-administered Kashmir (IPTK) and the Association of Parents of Disappeared Persons (APDP) — two leading human rights bodies operating in the Valley — their report is the outcome of two-year-long painstaking research. “Out of 214 cases a list emerges of 500 individual perpetrators, which include 235 army personnel, 123 paramilitary personnel, 111 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel and 31 Government backed militants/associates. Among the alleged perpetrators are two Major Generals and three Brigadiers of the Indian Army, besides nine Colonels, three Lieutenant Colonels, 78 Majors and 25 Captains. Add to this, 37 senior officials of the federal Paramilitary forces, a recently retired Director General of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, as well as a serving Inspector General,” the report alleges. “By naming names the report seeks to remove the veil of anonymity and secrecy that has sustained impunity. Only when the specificity of each act of violation is uncovered can institutions be stopped from providing the violators a cover of impunity,” the report further says. The institutional culture of moral, political and juridical impunity has resulted in enforced and involuntary disappearance of an estimated 8000 persons (as on Nov 2012), besides more than 70,000 deaths, and disclosures of more than 6000 unknown, unmarked and mass graves. The last 22 years have also seen regular extra-judicial killings punctuated by massacres. The Gow Kadal (Srinagar) massacre of around 50 persons on 21 January 1990 and other mass killings discussed in this report are symbolic reminders of the persistent human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir,” it adds. The 354-page report released on December 6, 2012 in Srinagar by these groups also accuses India of institutionally ‘obstructing justice’. India has all along been dismissing allegations of such serious nature against its armed forces by saying that the unfortunate acts are a mere “aberration” and “error in judgment” on part of some individual soldiers, not a matter of policy. But Khurram Parvez, one of the co-authors of the report, told Dawn that the Indian State has used its various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir – judicial and otherwise – in a sophisticated manner to “continue its control over territory”. “This fits in with the State’s policy and design in Jammu and Kashmir. The State has ensured a lowering of the standard of the serious human rights discourse. Our analysis of the cases in this report clearly evidences this. The State on occasion allows for the filing of FIR’s (First Information Reports), or ordering investigations but it will not allow prosecutions despite information being present,” Parvez writes in response to our questionnaire. Asked how confident his group was about the findings of the report, he writes: “We are confident of our documentation and analysis in this report. We intend to engage on this report with international rights groups and UN working groups and Special Rapporteurs. We will use this [report] to build awareness in India and internationally regarding the processes of injustice in Jammu and Kashmir.” Programme coordinator of the Jammu and Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCCS) and Tribunal Liaison, Parvez, hopes that the international community will take notice of their group’s report. The other authors of the report are Kartik Murukutla, who has worked in a UN tribunal in Rwanda for five years, and leading human rights activist in Kashmir, Parvez Imroz. The authors of the report have a word of caution, though: “The IPTK cannot conclusively pronounce on the guilt of any of the alleged perpetrators, but it is clear that enough evidence exists to warrant further action. However, in the absence of any institutional or political will to take the evidence to its natural conclusion – a trial where the crime and the guilt of a perpetrator can be proven beyond reasonable doubt – the Indian State stands indicted,” read the contents of the report’s executive summary. How significant are the findings of this report released by IPTK and APDP? When I posed this question to Anuradha Bhasin, executive editor of Jammu and Kashmir’s oldest English daily The Kashmir Times, she had this to say: “Well, I feel this report is significant because the groups have used the information from the same government that is involved in crimes against humanity. In this report a pattern is revealed and that is to bury the investigation.” She feels that the government can not deny the findings of the report. “Human rights groups have heavily relied on the government version, court case proceedings and information gathered after filing Right to Information (RTI) applications with different state-run departments,” she adds. How embarrassing could it [the report] be for the state? “The state is too thick skinned to be embarrassed,” she mocks. Until now, the state government officials and ruling party spokespersons are sounding over cautious and, therefore, reluctant to give a detailed official reaction. Tanvir Sadiq, spokesperson of the ruling pro-India party National Conference (NC) while speaking to Dawn said it will be “too premature to give a reaction” on a report which is of course of “serious nature”. “Let us read the contents of the report first; study them properly so that we will be in a position to give our party’s reaction.” Asked about the coalition government’s position, Tanvir said: “Our Chief Minister, Mr. Omar Abdullah, has already informed the media in Jammu — the winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir which is about 300 kilometres from the summer capital, Srinagar — that the State home department has asked for the copy of the report to study and examine it, and once that is done; the official reaction will come.” “This report, prepared over two years using information gleaned mostly from official State documents in addition to witness testimonies, in cases available with IPTK/APDP, portrays the state of impunity prevalent in Jammu and Kashmir. Where identities of individual perpetrators of crimes are known it seeks a process of accountability for institutional criminality. The State documents used range from police records, judicial and quasi-judicial records and Government documents. IPTK/APDP using the Right to Information (RTI) legislations sought information on First Information Reports (FIRs), High Court petition numbers and other documentation,” claim the authors of the report. The contents of the report paint a grim picture of the law and order situation and also highlight the environment of impunity under which Indian forces are operating in Jammu and Kashmir. Experts say that the draconian laws like the AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act), PSA (Public Safety Act) and DAA (Disturbed Area Act) have served as “shield” for the armed forces in Kashmir to “avoid punishment” under law. Many in Kashmir are expecting a strong reaction from the international community. Zareef Ahmad Zareef, a renowned Kashmiri humorist-poet, believes it is time for the powerful world nations to act. “For one Malala Yousufzai — a victim of Taliban violence in Pakistan — the entire world community expressed solidarity and made special arrangements for her treatment outside a sovereign country to ensure she was safe. Now, we shall see what is the measuring rod for justice and equality? If they’re genuinely sincere and care for justice and human rights everywhere across the globe, they should come forward to the rescue of the victims of Indian state-sponsored violence in Jammu and Kashmir,” Zareef says. The report, according to Zareef, has exposed India’s “hollow claims of being a secular and democratic” nation having a “responsible and professional army”. “India has declared a war on the civilians in Kashmir. There is no Kashmiri family which is not either directly or indirectly a victim of the state violence. There are some Indians who care for human rights and justice and I’m sure they will not remain silent on this. Whatever has come in open through the report, it is clear that Kashmir has a strong case against India in the International Criminal Court (ICC),” he adds. Parvez also sounds hopeful about it. “We have flagged issues regarding the application of international criminal law for crimes committed in Jammu and Kashmir. These issues need to be further debated. We ourselves and particularly, other countries that are members of the United Nations need to read this report and push the Security Council to consider further action, including possibly engaging with the procedures at the International Criminal Court. Towards this end, we will lobby with member States of the United Nations. Further, we expect other rights groups and the Kashmiri Diaspora to do the same. The process must continue,” he hopes. There is also this perception that the international community is selective in its approach in relation to the cases of human rights abuses in different parts of the world. While there is an uproar if violation occurs in countries like China, Iran or Pakistan, very little or nothing is said against India even when the magnitude of excesses may be too big. Some experts opine that the Kashmiris need to learn “marketing their sufferings”, because their supposed supporters are currently on a weak wicket. Dr. Sheikh Showkat, an expert in international law, says that Kashmir needs to “project its pain” so that the prosecutors at the ICC can take cognizance. “Our supporters are too weak at the moment. We need to market our pain and convince the international community to take action. Also, there is little doubt that there exists disparity because of powerful UN member nation’s selective approach on issues of human rights and self-determination,” Dr. Showkat believes. Meanwhile, to all cases related to gross human rights excesses in Kashmir during the past 23 years, the Indian Army has more often used expressions like “it was a mistaken identity”, “it was an aberration”, “it was a rare error of judgment”, “we do not shoot with an intention to kill”, “anger of people against killings is justified, but we will conduct our own enquiry to ascertain the facts”, etc. In a high-profile case, one Major Avtar of the 35 Rashtriya Rifles unit was accused of being involved in the killing of a well-known human rights defender in Kashmir, Jaleel Andrabi, and four counterinsurgents in 1996. Major (Retd.) Avtar Singh committed suicide on 9 June in California, USA before killing his wife and children. Fugitive Avtar had taken refuge in California and kept a low profile there. Some in Kashmir interpreted Avtar’s death as “divine justice”. In March 2000, the Indian Army claimed neutralising five “terrorists” in Pathribal area and said they were responsible for the killings of 35 members of minority Sikh community in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) — India’s premier investigating agency — conducted an inquiry and found that those killed by the army in an ‘encounter’ were actually civilians. The CBI then filed the charge sheet against the accused Army officers in 2006. Nothing has happened since except for the unconvincing court proceedings and open to doubt Court-Martials. In majority of the abuse cases, the guilty haven’t been punished. ‘Not only is justice delayed but denied as well’ is the common perception in Kashmir! Tailpiece: I remember covering an Army press conference in Kashmir in July 2005. Lieutenant General S S Dhillon was the GoC (General Officer Commanding) at Srinagar-based sensitive 15 Corps of the Indian Army. The press conference was organised in the backdrop of killing of three teenaged boys in North Kashmir’s frontier district, Kupwara on 24 July that year. Tens of thousands of people had protested against this incident. I vividly remember Dhillon’s words then. “This incident was unfortunate and most regrettable. It was an ‘error of judgment’ on part of the troops who opened fire on the teenaged boys. The anger of people against the Army over the killings of three boys was justified.” Dhillon had visited Bungargund, an area falling under Trehgam hamlet in Kupwara, where he had himself witnessed the anger of people. Army bunkers were being attacked by the protesting crowds. Besides seeing the parents of those killed, I went to feel the anger of people, to see the anger of people, and I saw some of it. It (anger against the Army) is justified,” the then GoC of the most sensitive Corps said. After his assurances that there will be no such repeats, four more civilians were allegedly killed by the army in Kupwara district in February 2006. The town observed complete shutdown for five consecutive days and staged massive anti-India demonstrations. The unfortunate incidents kept repeating. Not that long ago, one more civilian named Hilal Ahmad, 25, was killed allegedly at the hands of 27-Rashtriya Rifles of the Indian Army in North Kashmir’s Bandipora district. Source: Dawn.