Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

People wanted Laxman out so that Jaffer could come back? :laugh: Just because he's scored more in this Ranji season doesn't mean he'll do it in tests, he has been a proven failure in tests, glaring technical faults, no doubts about his grit and patience but only those 2 cant justify his re-entry to Indian side.

Our selectors have an uncanny ability to judge Test credentials based on T20s & odi performances. Selection policy involving Rahane' date=' Rohit, Awana, Murali Vijay and to an extent Sudeep Tyagi are a proof of the same.[b'] Looks like if someone has to get into the Indian Test team, he needs to score a 100 in IPL.
I see what you're trying to say but come on, that's a lot of exaggeration don't you think. If that was the case, then Rahane already has a 100 in IPL if I am not mistaken .:giggle: Valthaty, Yusuf Pathan, and Manish Pandey all have centuries but they're nowhere near any national Indian team let alone the Test team. :haha:

India ponder change in Test opening

India's selectors could have finally run out of patience with the established Test opening combination. ESPNcricinfo understands* that at least two selectors want Wasim Jaffer in the squad for the Australia Tests, "most probably" replacing Gautam Gambhir. The Sandeep Patil-headed selection panel will meet on Sunday to pick the squad for, most probably, the first two Tests against Australia. The panel is likely to retain most of the other batsmen who featured in the 15 for the Nagpur Test against England but the faltering openers will be under the scanner.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/604287.html
I see what you're trying to say but come on' date=' that's a lot of exaggeration don't you think. If that was the case, then Rahane already has a 100 in IPL if I am not mistaken .:giggle: Valthaty, Yusuf Pathan, and Manish Pandey all have centuries but they're nowhere near any national Indian team let alone the Test team. :haha:[/quote'] Raina - one of the worst batsman in FC batsman among all contenders played tests for India. Questions is not raised for those hacks who don't get chance, question is raised for those hacks who get chance to play even though they shouldn't.

Likely squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir/ Wasim Jaffer, M Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja/ Suresh Raina/ Rohit Sharma, R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha, Harbhajan Singh/ Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth/ Shami Ahmed, Ishwar Pandey/ Bhuvneshwar Kumar. This is according to cricinfo. Harbhajan,Chawla, Sreesanth, Vijay and Raina need removing.

Squad for Nagpur Test: Mahendra Singh Dhoni ©, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Dinda, M Vijay, Parvinder Awana. So taking squad for Final test as starting point, i would drop - Sehwag for poor form Gambhir for poor form Chawla for being **** and undeserved selection anyway. Dinda for same reason as Chawla. Ishant for being poor for a while and not still knowing how to get test wickets. Vijay for same as Dinda and Chawla (though less ****). Sachin won't be dropped and Dhoni won't either probably as he seems likely to remain as Captain with only other option being Kohli. So Changes for me keeping that in mind would look like - Abhinav Mukund (in for Virendra Sehwag) Unmukt Chand/Jiwanjot Singh (In for Vijay) Wasim Jaffer (In for Gautam Gambhir) Umesh Yadav for Chawla (If not fit then Sidarth Kaul/Ishwar Pandey/Bhuvneshwar/Mohit/Warrier comes in) Pankaj Singh for Dinda Shami Ahmed for Ishant Which makes the 14 man squad look something like this - Mahendra Singh Dhoni ©, Abhinav Mukund, Jiwanjot/Unmukt, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Shami Ahmed, Ajinkya Rahane, Pankaj Singh, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma Awana unlucky to be cut for squad balance's sake, but he was lucky to get the call up in front of other options anyway. Also, i'd personally remove Dhoni from the Captaincy and make Kohli captain but that seems unlikely, so he stays in the team. Otherwise if he is to be dropped then Saha or Gautam come in. Edit - Ashwin should be in the last chance saloon after the first test too with Rasool/Nadeem/Ladda being potential replacements. And Jadeja should not play as a all rounder at 6/7.
Just to recap my picks, before selection.