The Congress Thread: Tracking India's Grand Old Party

jairamesh

Will Raga be the opposition leader?
Will RaGa take responsible for the defeat actually? Will he resign or give an apology? We know Congress party gives me credit for anything positive, but when negatively, it's all quiet form them.

I think many have been over critical with RG. He has done his best, and probably had it not been Modi, we could have seen RG taking Congress through, so its more to do with the Modi factor. Another important thing is that it was RG's first election, the man doesn't have the goods to be the PM as of now, but with experience, he will only get better, so I think if he moves away from dynasty politics and go down for a reality check and get himself groomed, he may actually do well 10-15 years down the line.

@firstpostin Results on govt performance, Rahul Gandhi not part of the govt: Kamal Nath Already started!!!!!
This is why RG loses. The chamchas of Congress always come out in defence. Rather than teaching him the basics of the politics, they lick his ass and drink his piss. Pathetic to see senior leaders treating this wannabe garreb ka maseeha a wazeer-e-shehzaada.

I think many have been over critical with RG. He has done his best' date=' and probably had it not been Modi, we could have seen RG taking Congress through, so its more to do with the Modi factor. Another important thing is that it was RG's first election, the man doesn't have the goods to be the PM as of now, but with experience, he will only get better, so I think if he moves away from dynasty politics and go down for a reality check and get himself groomed, he may actually do well 10-15 years down the line.[/quote'] really????? He had time from 2004 to 2014 to become a part of the Govt. and take any portfolio he wanted so as to get experience and show the people/his party that he wasn't a mere surname but someone who can actually deliver. But he has shown again and again that he only wants power without any responsibility or accountability. As for getting experience or getting himself groomed - he has led the Cong campaign in UP 2 times (2007 and 2012) - Cong got less than 30 seats (out of 400) in UP both times. This time also we saw that he was the one leading the entire national campaign but till the very end he failed to get the common workers energized. In fact, it seems that Priyanka Gandhi, in the few days she spent in Amethi/Rai Bareilly, managed to energize more workers in UP than RG managed to do in his entire campaign. Another very big problem is that so far he has failed to get his message across to the people - I don't know who writes his speeches, but whoever it is needs to be fired NOW. His speeches are usually directionless, vague, unconcerned with the local issues and many a times have errors/comical references. He tries to show himself as an angry outsider trying to change the Congress party but that only makes him look more comical because he doesn't realize that the party is controlled by him and his mother.

really????? He had time from 2004 to 2014 to become a part of the Govt. and take any portfolio he wanted so as to get experience and show the people/his party that he wasn't a mere surname but someone who can actually deliver. But he has shown again and again that he only wants power without any responsibility or accountability. As for getting experience or getting himself groomed - he has led the Cong campaign in UP 2 times (2007 and 2012) - Cong got less than 30 seats (out of 400) in UP both times. This time also we saw that he was the one leading the entire national campaign but till the very end he failed to get the common workers energized. In fact, it seems that Priyanka Gandhi, in the few days she spent in Amethi/Rai Bareilly, managed to energize more workers in UP than RG managed to do in his entire campaign. Another very big problem is that so far he has failed to get his message across to the people - I don't know who writes his speeches, but whoever it is needs to be fired NOW. His speeches are usually directionless, vague, unconcerned with the local issues and many a times have errors/comical references. He tries to show himself as an angry outsider trying to change the Congress party but that only makes him look more comical because he doesn't realize that the party is controlled by him and his mother.
Fair point you made there. But he is surrounded by the chamchas of his party whose forefathers have praised his dad's grandmas work and they continue to persist with that trend. The tag of a dynast just doesn't seem to shadow away from him. He needs to now rethink on the planning he has been doing up until now, make an attempt to improve his communication with people. He should get involved in the discussions and gain some knowledge. Not everyone is gifted, some have to work hard which he is not ready to do as all his life he has got things by just tapping the floor. Agree about his speeches bit. they have been written with no intent whatsoever its even worse than Salman Khan's movie stories, just brainless Modi bashing and no talks on the fundamental issues of price rise, governance, food water and electricity and so on. All said and done, with Congress looking down the barrel, getting up to the three figure mark look more and more distant, what is the way ahead from here now ? My reply was more for the future than for the past. Surely early on in his career he hasn't done much, but now after facing a real direct defeat and a massive one at that (The worst ever considering the exit polls), somewhere in his mind there will be a thought of improvement. He needs to tap that and get more into the fundamental issues for the upcoming 5 years. If he continues to ignore all this, I am afraid Congress are going to have tough times ahead for another 10-15 years, because the only possible contender from the family is RG and if he doesn't bother about it now, its a little too late for the Congress.

I think many have been over critical with RG. He has done his best' date=' and probably had it not been Modi, we could have seen RG taking Congress through, so its more to do with the Modi factor. [b']Another important thing is that it was RG's first election, the man doesn't have the goods to be the PM as of now, but with experience, he will only get better, so I think if he moves away from dynasty politics and go down for a reality check and get himself groomed, he may actually do well 10-15 years down the line.
lolwut?

@htTweets: Congress says Rahul Gandhi not to be blamed for poor show If Cong really believes that Rahul Gandhi is the future of the party and he is the one to take the party forward then they have to stop shifting the blame from him in case of defeats. He cannot become a leader unless he has faced hard times. But here it seems they are hell bent on putting all the blame on the organization even though he was the face of the campaign.

@htTweets: Congress says Rahul Gandhi not to be blamed for poor show If Cong really believes that Rahul Gandhi is the future of the party and he is the one to take the party forward then they have to stop shifting the blame from him in case of defeats. He cannot become a leader unless he has faced hard times. But here it seems they are hell bent on putting all the blame on the organization even though he was the face of the campaign.
This is similar to 2009 when congress blamed modi now BJP returning the favour.

Words of wisdom from Khurshid

Contending that Congress party "collectively" chose Rahul Gandhi as their leader, Khurshid said, "We are not like the BJP that we pick and choose people in order to make sure that we can win an election or not. We take our leadership based on enormous amount of principle."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/After-exit-poll-predictions-Congress-leaders-jump-to-Rahuls-defence/articleshow/35074756.cms Huge moolah in foreign banks is the principle, I reckon!