Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Mumbai's squad for Irani trophy 2013 India’s ace pacer Zaheer Khan has not been selected by the new Ranji Champions Mumbai for their five-day Irani Cup match against the Rest of India which is going to be held at Wankhede Stadium on February 6 More... Injured Zaheer not in Mumbai’s team against Rest of India for Irani Cup THURSDAY, 31 JANUARY 2013 08:30 Mumbai: India’s ace pacer Zaheer Khan has not been selected by the new Ranji Champions Mumbai for their five-day Irani Cup match against the Rest of India which is going to be held at Wankhede Stadium on February 6, because of the calve injury that he is suffering from the past one month. It has also raised the question on his selection on upcoming series against Australia. The senior left-arm pacer, who was injured during Mumbai's last league game against Gujarat at the D Y Patil Stadium, appears in doubt for at least the first two Test matches of the four-Test series against Australia, which is going to begin from February 22. Zaheer has not played since he got the injury and missed Mumbai's matches in the Ranji knockout phase that concluded in their 40th title triumph three days ago. Meanwhile, Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma have been picked up for the Irani Trophy match that is going to be played against ROI. Mumbai has dropped Nikhil Patil Jr. and Sushant Marathe from their 15-men squad that won the Ranji final by an innings and 125 runs in less than three days against Saurashtra here. Team: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Wasim Jaffer, Kaustubh Pawar, Rohit Sharma, Javed Khan, Ajinkya Rahane, Dhawal Kulkarni, Suryakumar Yadav, Ankit Chavan, Abhishek Nayar, Vishal Dabholkar, Shardul Thakur.

Agarkar is also injured. Nayar to lead. Sehwag has a interesting choice to make here. With Vijay and Dhawan as opener, should he play as a middle order batsman? Fraught with risk and also with a lot of media criticism about being selfish. Another choice will be who plays as a pacer in this game out of Shami, Sreesanth, Mithun and Ishwar. 3 pacers and Ojha will be the bowling. Ishwar Oandey deserves to play ahead of Mithun but most likely will be warming the bench.

Irani Trophy, Mumbai : Kulkarni looks to build on Ranji success "I have worked more on my fitness, worked hard in the nets. The aim before the season was to bowl at a consistent pace which was not there earlier and I worked on that. I wanted to increase pace and that's what I did." More... Kulkarni looks to build on Ranji success ESPNcricinfo staff February 4, 2013 145813.2.jpgDhawal Kulkarni will look to continue his good form in the Irani Trophy Seamer Dhawal Kulkarni, who took nine wickets in the Ranji Trophy final to help Mumbai to their 40th title, has attributed his success this season to adding extra pace to his bowling and new variations he has worked on. He will be a key member of Mumbai's bowling attack when they take on the Rest of India in the upcoming Irani Trophy. "This is a big game for me; (I have) never been part of a winning (Irani Cup) side," he said. "I am aiming to do well in this game. I am quite excited about it. Feeling quite confident after my last two games. "I have worked more on my fitness, worked hard in the nets. The aim before the season was to bowl at a consistent pace which was not there earlier and I worked on that. I wanted to increase pace and that's what I did." Kulkarni took 30 wickets at 22.90 in nine matches this Ranji season. Before his impressive performance in the final, he took 5 for 32 in the semi-final against Services. Kulkarni said he was also helped by the seniors in the Mumbai side, including Ajit Agarkar and Sachin Tendulkar. With Agarkar out of the Irani Trophy game due to injury, Mumbai would depend on Kulkarni's positive showing. "I am happy with my performance, have been bowling well throughout the season but the only thing missing was wickets. I managed to get wickets in the last two games. (I am) feeling quite good about it." Kulkarni will also play for India A in their tour game against Australia in Chennai on February 16.

Kulkarni looks to build on Ranji success

Seamer Dhawal Kulkarni, who took nine wickets in the Ranji Trophy final to help Mumbai to their 40th title, has attributed his success this season to adding extra pace to his bowling and new variations he has worked on. He will be a key member of Mumbai's bowling attack when they take on the Rest of India in the upcoming Irani Trophy. "This is a big game for me; (I have) never been part of a winning (Irani Cup) side," he said. "I am aiming to do well in this game. I am quite excited about it. Feeling quite confident after my last two games. "I have worked more on my fitness, worked hard in the nets. The aim before the season was to bowl at a consistent pace which was not there earlier and I worked on that. I wanted to increase pace and that's what I did." Kulkarni took 30 wickets at 22.90 in nine matches this Ranji season. Before his impressive performance in the final, he took 5 for 32 in the semi-final against Services. Kulkarni said he was also helped by the seniors in the Mumbai side, including Ajit Agarkar and Sachin Tendulkar. With Agarkar out of the Irani Trophy game due to injury, Mumbai would depend on Kulkarni's positive showing. "I am happy with my performance, have been bowling well throughout the season but the only thing missing was wickets. I managed to get wickets in the last two games. (I am) feeling quite good about it." Kulkarni will also play for India A in their tour game against Australia in Chennai on February 16.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/603357.html
Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai's pace spearhead Dhawal Kulkarni said today ahead of his maiden five-day Irani Cup clash against the Rest of India that he has added a few yards to his pace and a few variations too, which have worked well for him this season. "I have worked more on my fitness, worked hard in the nets. The aim before the season was to bowl at a consistent pace which was not there earlier and I worked on that. I wanted to increase pace and that's what I did," said the 24-year-old bowler who picked up a match-winning nine for 56 in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra. Mumbai rode on the youngster's haul and a century by experienced opener Wasim Jaffer on a bouncy pitch to thump Saurashtra by an innings for their 40th title. "When I was bowling, it was like a one-way traffic for the last two three years. I have developed two-three variations in my bowling which has helped," he said. Kulkarni, who picked up five for 33 in the semi-final against the Services to pilot Mumbai into the summit clash, also credited senior teammate Sachin Tendulkar for the tips he gave. "Before the semi-final he (Sachin) worked on my bowling, (as he) stood watching during the net session. There were minor mistakes, like the position of the wrist, which we rectified. He does help everybody, not only me," said Kulkarni who picked up 30 wickets at just under 23 in the championship. Kulkarni also hailed his captain and senior new ball partner Ajit Agarkar for the help he gives while bowling. "It's quite good (bowling alongside Agarkar) and when he stands at mid-on or mid-off and shares his experience, it is quite helpful." "I am happy with my performance, have been bowling well throughout the season but the only thing missing was wickets. I managed to get wickets in the last two games. (I am) feeling quite good about it," he added. The Mumbai-born player sounded upbeat about the upcoming challenge of bowling to the likes of RoI skipper Virender Sehwag and his Delhi opening partner Shikhar Dhawan in the Irani Cup match, commencing at the Wankhede Stadium on February 6. "This is a big game for me; (have) never been part of a winning (Ranji) side. I am aiming to do well in this game. I am quite excited about it. Feeling quite confident after my last two games." Kulkarni, who made his first-class debut for India 'A' against Australia 'A' five years ago, will have another chance to impress the selectors when he turns out for India 'A' in the tour game against the visiting Australians later this month at Chennai. "I am not looking that forward. This game is quite important," said Kulkarni.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_i-have-added-pace-and-variations-to-my-bowling-dhawal-kulkarni_1796117
"I have worked more on my fitness, worked hard in the nets. The aim before the season was to bowl at a consistent pace which was not there earlier and I worked on that. I wanted to increase pace and that's what I did."
Really? I did not see that in one or two matches I have watched.
He has certainly gained 10ks of pace in last 2-3 years. A few years ago' date=' I had watched him bowling 120-125K in FC cricket and now he could easily bowl in high 130s, clocked up to low 140s.[/quote'] No really, RKT. He was bowling low 130s. I mean not even 133-135. He was just 129-132 ish.
No really' date=' RKT. He was bowling low 130s. I mean not even 133-135. He was just 129-132 ish.[/quote'] His fastest in final was around 139, averaging around 133-134. I have seen him clock in 141-142 in IPL. and I think he will still gain pace if he continues the good work he is doing to gain pace.
His fastest in final was around 139' date=' averaging around 133-134. I have seen him clock in 141-142 in IPL. and I think he will still gain pace if he continues the good work he is doing to gain pace.[/quote'] Even, I have seen him bowl 140s in IPL matches. Not sure abt 139 in finals. Maybe I missed dat. I will keep an eye on the speed guns in Irani match. Lets hope he delivers.