Afridi Exposed

Everybody should eat there words after watching Afridi own Australia and Netherlands batsmen in t20's recenty!!
Only against Netherlands did he hit one ball from the middle of the bat. Can you mention the scores he has in this tourney? He has been swinging like a rusty gate throughout without getting a ball from the middle of the bat. He's been worst than no.11
Only against Netherlands did he hit one ball from the middle of the bat. Can you mention the scores he has in this tourney? He has been swinging like a rusty gate throughout without getting a ball from the middle of the bat. He's been worst than no.11
..but they worship him as a bowler now
Ahhh..... as a bowler he has always been a threat in Twenty20s. He's not a batsman that can bowl but he's a bowler that can score some ugly runs.
He batted really well against Australia in Emirates, much better and sensible than his usual hit or miss wild swings. Seemed to be getting back in form with the bat. Later in the tournament I expect him to score big or enough to make an impact. now c'mon boom boom!
I actually started as a spinner, but when I cracked the world record for the fastest ODI century, in October 1996, people started to expect more from me as a batsman. But my position in the batting order was never consistent and I couldn't cope with the constant shuffling up and down. So three years ago I decided I should focus on my bowling once again, and I have done well now. I rate myself as a bowler first and then a batsman.
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt20page2/content/story/408147.html So I guess that is the end of the matter, he is not a batsman, stop expecting him to score runs
Afridi sounds sensible but not his fans that reckon he can send the ball out of the park every time he holds a bat.
I guess it's the expectation because of those once in a blue moon big fast innings he plays..but he's definitely turned into a bowler who can chip in with 5-10 runs, and sometimes can play a cameo of 30-40.
After watching Afridi bat' date=' I am convinced that his hand eye co-ordination has deserted with age. But he is good enough bowler in the limited overs format to be retained only for that.[/quote'] How can that happen to a 20 yr old teenager
straight from padosi : " Are Pakistan team using weaker bats? I think their bats need to be inspected because no one can clear the boundaries how come all the other teams are hitting sixes including netherlands and scotland but not Pakistan? plays like yuvi are just flicking for six and afridi thrusted everthing at the ball and couldn't clear the boundary? it doesn't seem real are they using cheap kashmir willow bats or what? " :hahaha: THE WHOLE ****ING NATION IS BRAINDEAD
They are just not opening their eyes to see where the ball is:giggle: esp. Afridi

Afridi's batting is a bonus these days. His importance is with the bowling in case you still have not figured out. In an interview a while back, he indicated that he would like to have more chances up the order but sadly, the captain and the team think tank do not share similar views. Afridi opening the innings along with Razzaq would be devastating.