IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Haryana pacer Mohit rewarded for outstanding Ranji season

CHANDIGARH: Mohit Mahipal Sharma has been in terrific form in this season's Ranji Trophy. This has paved way for the 24-year-old to get a contract from the Chennai Super Kings in the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL). Mohit, who picked up 37 wickets, averaging 23.24 runs per wicket this Ranji season was amongst the leading wicket takers in domestic cricket. The Chennai Super Kings team management kept in mind the efficacy of the Haryana seamer, who also had to his credit three five-wicket hauls, and picked him up alongwith four other uncapped bowlers. The youngster, who was also a part of BCCI's pace bowlers camp at the NCA recently, is looking forward to a dream IPL debut. Talking to TOI, the 24-year old made it clear that his target is to make it to the final eleven. "It's a dream come true for me. They (Chennai Super Kings) approached me a couple of weeks back, and they finally signed me for the season. It's definitely a big moment for me," Sharma said. Despite putting up a good show in the domestic season, Sharma was not picked initially by any franchisee, and now that he has got an opportunity, the young pacer, wants to make optimum use of it. "For any player, it's a great opportunity to play alongside Mahendra Singh Dhoni. I'm looking forward to a great season," Sharma added. The pacer, however, owes it to his Haryana state captain Amit Mishra. "He (Amit Mishra) has really motivated me always, and it was because of him, that I could produce a good performance in Ranji Trophy," he said, adding that pacer Harshal Patel (his statemate) has also supported him a lot. Having earned praises from India coach Duncan Fletcher during the camp, Mohit Sharma now wants to make it count in IPL too. "Fletcher Sir has told me to maintain my form, and in the camp, I've learnt a lot from him. Hopefully, it will help me in the future," he said. Mohit has also played six List A matches, the last one being a warm-up match against England XI in January before the five-match ODI series. He took two wickets in the match, of Ian Bell and Craig Kieswetter, in eight overs. In the Ranji Trophy matches this season, Mohit started with a three-wicket haul against Vidarbha. Then followed it up with a five-for and two wickets in the second innings versus Odisha. Mohit's watershed match was against Baroda, against whom he picked up five wickets in the 1st innings and four wickets in the second essay. Against Delhi too, he picked three wickets in each innings to lead Haryana to their solitary win this season. In the latter part of the season the young pacer from Ballabhgarh, Haryana picked up a five-for against a strong batting side of Uttar Pradesh. In his last first-class match against Tamil Nadu he had two wickets to his name. The Haryana lad made his debut against Gujarat in 2011-12 season and picked up two wickets in his debut match.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-03-04/news/37436091_1_harshal-patel-ranji-trophy-england-xi
Mohit Sharma from haryana bowling @136kmph ' date=' does anyone know who is he , since when is he playing, not very tall, but has a good action, and is pretty nippy.[/quote'] This is last year's match, his debut season. It was live on BCCI site. He is quicker now than what he was last year. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=271008&highlight=Mohit+Sharma&page=32

In India the 'reward' for any kind of good performance is equated to earning an ipl contract... while that may be a reward in the financial sense, the real reward would be to get selected for the national team or one of the support sides like BP XI, India A,B,C (challenger trophy), ROI, etc.... unfortunately he is nowhere near any of those sides as of yet. If he is really good then I hope he makes that jump before over bowling and hurting himself in the process. Good luck to the guy!

Pune Warriors to play home games at MHA stadium http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/pune-warriors-to-play-home-games-at-mha-stadium/articleshow/18880960.cms

MUMBAI: Ending weeks of speculation, the Cricket Board today indicated in clear terms that Pune Warriors, owned by Sahara Group, would play all their IPL home games this season at Pune only. As per the schedule released today along with terms and conditions for media accreditation for the April 3-May 26 tournament, Pune Warriors will commence their home campaign at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium - previously known as Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium - against Kings XI Punjab on April 7. A long-running dispute over title rights of the newly built stadium on the outskirts of Pune between Sahara Group and MHA resulted in Maharashtra Cricket Association covering the stadium's name - Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium - in January with a cloth for alleged default of payment of the contract.

Sahara was right in this case (they are actually a very dodgy company) they spent a lot of money on developing pune stadium and the maharashtra cricket association should have given them some power to run the stadium. Kanpur was always out of the question due to lack of an airport nearby