IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Which Ranji match has Kohli seen to judge his talent? He's probably heard about him and suggested his name. Your rat has scored two 50+ scores in his last 20 knocks for the country ... and is himself on the edge.
Sandeep bowled in the nets to Kohli and Gambhir when they played in Kochi . He impressed both there . Gambhir was also interested in recuiting him for KKR
Waqar younis was selected to Pak team by Imran just by watching him bowl in an inter college match. U don't have to watch a bowler 100s of overs to judge his talent' date=' few overs is more than enough. Virat is struggling now, does that mean he should be dropped? are u out of ur mind?[/quote'] And where do you get your fancy stories from - @ Waqar and Imran. Imran first saw Waqar on TV when the premier domestic one-day tournament of Pakistan was going on. "He had played only six first class games when he got picked for the Pakistan camp out of the blue. Waqar says "I remember Imran was not feeling well at the time, and was not present at the camp. Luckily the Super Wills Cup was going on, and there was a match between United Bank and Delhi XI. Saleem Jaffar got injured, and I got the opportunity to play that game. Imran watched me on TV, and actually came to the ground to watch the end of the game. The very next day, he met me and told me that I will be going to Sharjah next month. Just meeting Imran at the time was enough of an experience for me, but for him to notify me of my selection was just out of this world." And you turned that into a college tournament. Next time galli tournament bol dena.
And where do you get your fancy stories from - @ Waqar and Imran. Imran first saw Waqar on TV when the premier domestic one-day tournament of Pakistan was going on. "He had played only six first class games when he got picked for the Pakistan camp out of the blue. Waqar says "I remember Imran was not feeling well at the time, and was not present at the camp. Luckily the Super Wills Cup was going on, and there was a match between United Bank and Delhi XI. Saleem Jaffar got injured, and I got the opportunity to play that game. Imran watched me on TV, and actually came to the ground to watch the end of the game. The very next day, he met me and told me that I will be going to Sharjah next month. Just meeting Imran at the time was enough of an experience for me, but for him to notify me of my selection was just out of this world." And you turned that into a college tournament. Next time galli tournament bol dena.
So, he was playing for a local club team, wasn't he? U r saying as if he was playing for his state team and got picked. I was wrong on college team part, but that does not prove your point that Kohli did not watched him enough to pick Sandeep, he obviously bowled at Indian players in Kochi. Hence, he suggested him to RCB selectors.
Virat might have seen Warrier in the nets. So did Gambhir and others. So stop making Virat look like a great judge of talent blah blah. If Kohli fails in the next ten knocks, he'll out of the 11 for sure. Some former India captains have already started saying that. I said Kohli is on the edge, did not say should be dropped. I know you are a blind fanboy, but how blind can a blind fanboy be? :hmmm:
I know dat he watched him bowl to Indian player at kochi and wanted him for RCB. How does that not prove the point that he has an eye for picking the right talent? If Dhoni was like that, he would not have picked the likes of Vinay kumar, Jayadev unadkat etc. Kohli will not be dropped even he fails next 10 innings. Everyone knows he is a special batting talent, the best to come of Indian subcontinent after Sachin tendulkar. Don't compare that midget Gambhir with him.
So' date= he was playing for a local club team, wasn't he? U r saying as if he was playing for his state team and got picked. I was wrong on college team part, but that does not prove your point that Kohli did not watched him enough to pick Sandeep, he obviously bowled at Indian players in Kochi. Hence, he suggested him to RCB selectors.
No. Club teams don't take part in the premier domestic OD tournaments. United Bank Limited cricket team are a first-class cricket side which compete in Pakistani domestic cricket. Both departmental sides and regional sides play in Pakistani first-class cricket. Waqar had already played six FC games when Imran saw him on TV and was a FC cricketer and not a club cricketer.
I know dat he watched him bowl to Indian player at kochi and wanted him for RCB. How does that not prove the point that he has an eye for picking the right talent? If Dhoni was like that, he would not have picked the likes of Vinay kumar, Jayadev unadkat etc. Kohli will not be dropped even he fails next 10 innings. Everyone knows he is a special batting talent, the best to come of Indian subcontinent after Sachin tendulkar. Don't compare that midget Gambhir with him.
a) Don't bring in Dhoni Unadkat blah blah, Dhoni did not pick Unadkat, the selectors did. b) Both Kohli and Gambhir wanted Warrier. How can you attribute that only to Kohli and blindly say 'aha, Kohli has picked raw talent blah blah' when everyone saw a spark in him. c) Don't compare your rat with Gambhir right now. Kohli has achieved nothing in international cricket yet in comparison to Gambhir in any of the formats. Gambhir at least made a good start to his Test career in comparison to this rat whose average is only as good as some flop Pakistani batsmen.
Seriously? Don't compare rat with Gambhir? It should be the other way around. Gambhir played crucial knocks in the WT20 '07 and in the WC finals whereas Kohli scored a 100 on a patta against Bangladesh and failed in the whole tourney. The only fault with Gambhir is his crappy technique which he can be amended if he plays some domestic game and experiments with them. I would stop watching cricket if Kohli could ever play a knock like Gambhir did in Napier to save the Test match unlike Kohli's 103 which wasn't in tough conditions to bat but to play strokes. 130 odd runs would have been meaningless (as it did) if it wasn't for the 2 back to back 90's againt Lanka and Australia.
No. Club teams don't take part in the premier domestic OD tournaments. United Bank Limited cricket team are a first-class cricket side which compete in Pakistani domestic cricket. Both departmental sides and regional sides play in Pakistani first-class cricket. Waqar had already played six FC games when Imran saw him on TV and was a FC cricketer and not a club cricketer.
As I said, u don't have to watch a bowler 100s of overs to judge his talent. What abt Wasim akram? Wasn't he selected for Pak team after he got rejected from his college team? Even Sandeep has played 2 or 3 domestic matches, does this means he should not be picked for RCB? no, if he has the talent, he deserves this chance.
you dont deserve to be on the forum' date='n talking about admin:finger:[/quote'] atleast im not a brainwashed club member also if i deserved a ban i will be banned unlike u lot who keep on bribing admins,mods andur president keeps on begging i demand to know what he uses that money for?!!:hitler:
As I said, u don't have to watch a bowler 100s of overs to judge his talent. What abt Wasim akram? Wasn't he selected for Pak team after he got rejected from his college team? Even Sandeep has played 2 or 3 domestic matches, does this means he should not be picked for RCB? no, if he has the talent, he deserves this chance.
If Sandeep is good (as many are claiming), he should be given many chances. For that matter, all IPL teams have a good number of domestic performers. The debate was not about that. Apparently Javed Miandad spotted Akram in a trial - "He came to the trials at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in Pakistan, but for the first two days he did not get a chance to bowl. On the third day he got a chance; his performance convincing Javed Miandad to insist upon his inclusion in the national team. Akram was hence given an opportunity to play for Pakistan, without any significant domestic experience." Young fast bowlers are being picked around the around on the basis of potential. Some turn out to be Akram, some not. In the early 90s, when Sanjay Manjrekar was the Mumbai captain, he picked Abey Kuruvilla from obscurity and gave him a debut in the Ranji final where he took a 5-er. That was one of the greatest Ranji finals ever, with some Indian legends playing it. But Kuruvilla did not turn out to be an Akram, so you'll not hear of that story.
Seriously? Don't compare rat with Gambhir? It should be the other way around. Gambhir played crucial knocks in the WT20 '07 and in the WC finals whereas Kohli scored a 100 on a patta against Bangladesh and failed in the whole tourney. The only fault with Gambhir is his crappy technique which he can be amended if he plays some domestic game and experiments with them. I would stop watching cricket if Kohli could ever play a knock like Gambhir did in Napier to save the Test match unlike Kohli's 103 which wasn't in tough conditions to bat but to play strokes. 130 odd runs would have been meaningless (as it did) if it wasn't for the 2 back to back 90's againt Lanka and Australia.
What r u smoking, dude? Gambhir is an ordinary player who had a good run at international cricket and that midget has lost his form and his reflexes. If u see the matches he played few years back, he had good reflexes and he somehow managed it with it. Now, he has not only his form but he has lost his reflexe , confidence and the technique to survive against good bowling attack. Even Gary Kirsten has mentioned that Gambhir lacks confidence and he used to talk to him in the world cup matches. I am afraid Gambhir would be chucked out of Indian team in few months and either Unmukt or Rohit would open the innings.
atleast im not a brainwashed club member also if i deserved a ban i will be banned unlike u lot who keep on bribing admins,mods andur president keeps on begging i demand to know what he uses that money for?!!:hitler:
Sabby, we are having a serious debate here. Please stop ur RR trying to derail the thread. Panther has already complained many times about this.