Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

Watson finds it hard to stay fit for one test series... how can he be expected to play t20 all year round? He will surely miss the fitness management provided by the aussie support staff
Test cricket is way more grueling. Its intense cricket over 5 days where you are required to be at your best whether its batting or bowling for hours and standing in the field for maybe 2 or 3 days. T20 just means being on the field for 90 minutes and then whack a few out of the park in a few overs or roll your arm over for 1 or 2 over spells. I can see why a lot of people prefer this format where someone can earn lot more money in a very short period without any pressure.

Impressive thing what Clarke did..!! We can make fun of them but they take losses seriously.. and they did. Clarke wants to let them know who the boss is.. and dont mess with Austrlian Standards.. You gotta have guts to do such things..

Impressive thing what Clarke did..!! We can make fun of them but they take losses seriously.. and they did. Clarke wants to let them know who the boss is.. and dont mess with Austrlian Standards.. You gotta have guts to do such things..
You find this impressive? If the reason is what it is cited to be, then its the most idiotic reasons ever cited. You send back players for not filling up a form. That's cr@p man.
You find this impressive? If the reason is what it is cited to be, then its the most idiotic reasons ever cited. You send back players for not filling up a form. That's cr@p man.
I hope you understand it is not just that.. Not fillilng up that paper means you are ignoring the management.. Not respecting the leadership and that too after losing two tests really badly.
I hope you understand it is not just that.. Not fillilng up that paper means you are ignoring the management.. Not respecting the leadership and that too after losing two tests really badly.
What leadership? So, if I fill in a piece of paper withing 2 days, I am commited to my country else I am not? This might just be an eyewash. The real reason might be something else, but stop praising the goras for whatever they do. This reasoning is plainly stupid.
Test cricket is way more grueling. Its intense cricket over 5 days where you are required to be at your best whether its batting or bowling for hours and standing in the field for maybe 2 or 3 days. T20 just means being on the field for 90 minutes and then whack a few out of the park in a few overs or roll your arm over for 1 or 2 over spells. I can see why a lot of people prefer this format where someone can earn lot more money in a very short period without any pressure.
It's not that gruelling when you are restricted from bowling and you get out within an hour and sit back in the dressing room for the rest of the inning... the thing is that his workload was very closely being monitored considering his injury prone history... but let's see how this plays out
What leadership? So, if I fill in a piece of paper withing 2 days, I am commited to my country else I am not? This might just be an eyewash. The real reason might be something else, but stop praising the goras for whatever they do. This reasoning is plainly stupid.
i normally try to think from both sides but u cannot justify it in any way they are sportsperson had they miss practice ,did not worked hard i can understand them getting banned but presentation? u can just easily tell they just did not take it seriously..can u blame them ? some people just dont believe in this kind of stuff specially in sports.. some guys keep it simple just go out and perform ..

Stuart Macgill just commented on his video "Thank-you to everyone who joined us at The Cricket Club for our emergency committee meeting, called following the shock announcement that 4 players, including VC Shane Watson, had been deemed ineligible for the 3rd Test India v Australia at Mohali. Watson, with squad members Johnson, Khawaja & Pattinson were disciplined by coach Mickey Arthur for failing to submit their homework on time. Sources close to the team report that the players have also been put on detention for the rest of the term".