Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

tracks like at J&K' date=' Lahli, even Kotla in ranji trophy with live grass on it, Delhis second home ground Roshanara are few of the toughest track to bat. If people check scorecards of Mushtaq Ali trophy played Lahli will get to know that.[/quote'] thnx for info..imo tough pitches lead to better batsmen but its not always true ,just look at pujara :haha: but over all its great for refining technique and developing game of youngsters like chand :hysterical: wow this is tricky for batsmen then i have noticed this north region is good for bowlers,west flat..bengal has good track for quick bowlers too.. yeah but he came back well and i just rate players who play at international level well from start some guys just have big match temperament look at chand.. in every final he fecking smashes a 100 no matter how he has played before:giggle:
That is a baloney i disagree with. You know it well. Those were not dead rubber match. There was a reason why India had to chase that target inside 40 overs. :cantstop:
Arey baba, there are more - a) the last ODI against England in the ODI series in England b) the last Test against Australia in Australia c) The last Test against England in India etc.
thnx for info..imo tough pitches lead to better batsmen but its not always true ,just look at pujara :haha: but over all its great for refining technique and developing game of youngsters like chand :hysterical: wow this is tricky for batsmen then i have noticed this north region is good for bowlers,west flat..bengal has good track for quick bowlers too.. yeah but he came back well and i just rate players who play at international level well from start some guys just have big match temperament look at chand.. in every final he fecking smashes a 100 no matter how he has played before:giggle:
He's in terrific nick now. Scored everywhere - Irani, against England, Challenger, whereever he got a chance.
That is not the point. Point was to prove you are one-eyed about his performances. WHen he does well you come up with some lame excuse' date=' pitch is flat, match is not important, not taking to final, [b']earth is round :haha:etc.. when he does bad you just go all over him . I don't disagree his progress is not on par with other greats:omg: great already ? we have had. But i also think he has a place and role in the side. He will fulfill it very soon. He will not fade away like Yuvraj .
Arey baba' date=' there are more - a) the last ODI against England in the ODI series in England b) the last Test against Australia in Australia c)[b'] The last Test against England in India etc.
Dude.. unlike one dayers in tests every test is important. Sure you lose a series. But that doesn't mean you go and automatically lose the 4th test and nobody cares. People care for every test. Even avoiding whitewash should be a good motivation. Let me give you an instance. Wisden rated Mark butcher's 173 as one of the top 100s of all time ( a list sachin couldn't find himself in). Place at 48th. Came in a match after England was trailing in the series by 0-3. So good innings is a good innings regardless of the state of the series at Test level.
Vijay didn't look all that bad in his first Test. :winky: Scored a couple of confident 30s and 40s.
Meant the first test of this series on his comeback after getting selected based on a chancey hundred in the Irani against a PUb attack. He looked way way worse than Rahane who except his dismissals was looking confident especially in first innings. As soon as there was some bounce and carry on the track in first match Vijay was beaten for pace twice by Pattinson easily. **** happens and it is idiotic deciding based on 1 match. Even Clarke looked a hack in 1 match.
Dude.. unlike one dayers in tests every test is important. Sure you lose a series. But that doesn't mean you go and automatically lose the 4th test and nobody cares. People care for every test. Even avoiding whitewash should be a good motivation. Let me give you an instance. Wisden rated Mark butcher's 173 as one of the top 100s of all time ( a list sachin couldn't find himself in). Place at 48th. Came in a match after England was trailing in the series by 0-3. So good innings is a good innings regardless of the state of the series at Test level.
You could have given Laxman's example as well. And Lara's 400. The point always is these performances need to come at a deciding moment in a series; it is good for the individual player if he achieves it when the series is over, but the team remains in the dumps. The timing of that special knock is an important factor in cricket.
Meant the first test of this series on his comeback after getting selected based on a chancey hundred in the Irani against a PUb attack. He looked way way worse than Rahane who except his dismissals was looking confident especially in first innings. As soon as there was some bounce and carry on the track in first match Vijay was beaten for pace twice by Pattinson easily. **** happens and it is idiotic deciding based on 1 match. Even Clarke looked a hack in 1 match.
Popular perceptions have also been shaped the way he's batted against England in the ODI series.
You could have given Laxman's example as well. The point always is these performances need to come at a deciding moment in a series; it is good for the individual player if he achieves it when the series is over, but the team remains in the dumps. The timing of that special knock is an important factor in cricket.
He is just starting out .Give him some time .Yes he has not performed in big matches till now.But lets wait and watch.
he made attractive 30's and also scored a 100 in a series..what are you crapping about.. Vijay might still be ordinary and be found in sa but he is better than Mr. Puny.
Meant first match of this series..... Beaten by Pattinson easy twice. And vijay has failed already much more than Rahane. Only thing he did was that 1 series in 2010 and IPL. He was brought back unfairly for this series, but he did very well fair play. But he did look a hack when was droped last time easily.
he made attractive 30's and also scored a 100 in a series..what are you crapping about.. Vijay might still be ordinary and be found in sa but he is better than Mr. Puny.
His major failure was in West Indies. I wouldn't blame him for his failure in SA . 19(52) and 9(27). It was more than what Tendulkar achieved in that test. Apart from Laxman everyone else had torrid time on that surface.
Popular perceptions have also been shaped the way he's batted against England in the ODI series.
And what has Vijay done in ODI's ? Rahane was much better in England than Vijay was either in Windies or SA. ODI and Test are different games anyway. Otherwise select Raina and Yuvraj and be done with it.