Why Tendulkar must retire now

He couldn't do jack shyte against NZ pacers at home, was Lyon's bunny at home and expecting him to take on Steyn, Philander and Morkel is foolhardy.
Nowadays spinners are his preferred choice Against England and Australia in the 8 tests Lyon 3 times Swann 2 times Panesar 2 times Smith 1 time out of total 12 dismissals 8 times got out to spinners once runout only 3 times to seamers. So R J Petersen will be his threat !!
we'll need his experience in SA.but I hope hes attacking like he was in Chennai and not poking around.that can be his farewell series
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Sure, after all his "experience" helped us so much in Aus & Eng :cantstop: His experience helps us the same was as Fletcher's :giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Sure, after all his "experience" helped us so much in Aus & Eng :cantstop: His experience helps us the same was as Fletcher's :giggle:
we have young brigade now.I agree he needs to bat positively.but going with a complete rookie lineup in SA is inviting trouble
we have young brigade now.I agree he needs to bat positively.but going with a complete rookie lineup in SA is inviting trouble
All his experience did not help in this series against an Australian attack which is nowhere near the Saffers. Eventually its about scoring runs. To bat positively you need confidence and he seems totally lacking that. Can't understand why he is hanging on...After all what has he to gain?
And how did he keep us out of all this so called trouble in England and Australia?
we had a rookie bating lineup there? I have no problems if he retires now too.but going to SA isnt such a bad idea,specially when the replacement would a guy like Rahane who's played 1 match
Bigger trouble would be if old farts hang around and put more pressure on the batsmen to follow. What can he say or do which will benefit the batsmen when he can't stick around on the pitch? He can be a batting coach/consultant and pass on all his "experience" in the dressing room - the same way he would so anyway even if he plays as a batsman. He's a walking wkt and has dropped to such a level that NZ pacers were clean bowling him and Lyon made him his bunny. It's not as if Tendulkar was Ricky Ponting and had experience in winning in SA & Aus. Tendulkar hasn't won in SA and Aus and I would rather go with youngsters than "experience" who can't even fall back on "been there done that".
Well we did that before also - forced RD and Laxman into retirement and paid the price for it in the Eng series @ home! But we reaped the rewards, the young players settled in and bam! 4-0 to the aussies. Even if Australia lost 4-0 its much better than what India had. Remember Manju saying that when India lost 5 of the 7 batsman were probably playing their last tour in Australia while Australia are here with young team. The experience they'll have when they tour next will help them. Like it did for them in 2006 - when their core players were part of 2001 team.
Can't understand why he is hanging on...After all what has he to gain?
Well, in Sachin's case, personal milestones are top priority for him. I'm sure he has an eye on playing 200 Tests. He did the same with his 100 international 100s record which cost us the Asia Cup.
Well' date=' in Sachin's case, personal milestones are top priority for him. I'm sure he has an eye on playing 200 Tests. He did the same with his 100 international 100s record which cost us the Asia Cup.[/quote'] thats why he retired on 49 ODI tons?
we had a rookie bating lineup there? I have no problems if he retires now too.but going to SA isnt such a bad idea,specially when the replacement would a guy like Rahane who's played 1 match
Exactly my point. We had him and other so-called "experienced" batsmen there too, but still we failed miserably! It's not about experience. It's about scoring runs and getting wickets..... and Sachin hasn't been scoring many.