Stand up now and be counted.

kablooee87

It still remains a circus any team can beat any team all it needs is some quirk of luck.. Srilanka got done by morning stare see how pathetic they looked..just an hour of bad luck u are gone out of the tournament
well srilanka is the shi.ttiest team who can only hit the crap outa minnows... they have never won worthwile outside their country.... they r a bunch of overrated losers
If you must know, in the early seventies purists said the same thing about ODI and now it has become more popular than Tests !. Twenty20 will become as popular as ODI in my opinion in the coming years.
ODIs cannot be compared to 20/20. 20/20 must accomodate more diverse skillsets before it can even be considered a candidate to enhance the quality of the game. There is no role in this game, for attacking bowling or a technically correct batsman or even a match winning leg spinner. Four overs is all a bowler gets & any bowler would find it hard to come back after a couple of bad overs. The game is hopelessly lopsided in favor of the batsman.
ODIs cannot be compared to 20/20. 20/20 must accomodate more diverse skillsets before it can even be considered a candidate to enhance the quality of the game. There is no role in this game, for attacking bowling or a technically correct batsman or even a match winning leg spinner. Four overs is all a bowler gets & any bowler would find it hard to come back after a couple of bad overs. The game is hopelessly lopsided in favor of the batsman.
With all due respect , in today's game , it was the bowlers particularly RP Singh who made all the difference. And the spinners have done wonderfully well in this series . Also, If we prepare true pitches , then I don't see a reason why bowler will not play important role in determining the outcome of the matches. But I would agree that technically correct batsmen will not have any role to play . But this true for ODI's also although to a lesser degree.
With all due respect ' date=' in today's game , it was the bowlers particularly RP Singh who made all the difference. And the spinners have done wonderfully well in this series . Also, If we prepare true pitches , then I don't see a reason why bowler will not play important role in determining the outcome of the matches. But I would agree that technically correct batsmen will not have any role to play . But this true for ODI's also although to a lesser degree.[/quote'] Today's game is an exception, its not the norm. Dont expect conditions in India or Pakistan toi be anywhere close to what we saw today. Spinners primarily play only a containing role. When the game is balanced, its not hard to see. Here we have a team choking at 31/5 & they still manage to score @ 6 an over & finish batting the 20 overs. When the contest is even, the bowlers will have a realistic chance of bowling out an opponent & be able to defend a 4 rpo target.

one change is a must in 20/20s. the 4 over restriction is too much. i would like them to remove the over restriction and just say the same bowler can't bowl two conseucitve overs. this would allow teams to go with 2 top bowlers and may be a 3rd as backup/allrounder.

Guest dada_rocks
well srilanka is the shi.ttiest team who can only hit the crap outa minnows... they have never won worthwile outside their country.... they r a bunch of overrated losers
Aise he worldcup final nahin pahunch jata hai koi.. aise hi world cup nahin jeet jata hai koi team..
Err' date=' Bheembhai and I were the only ones. I certainly haven't changed my opinion. Only games that matter for me are the ones against Pak.[/quote'] Count me with you two as well. Earlier also I thought that this tournament was just to have some fun and I maintain that even after India has sailed into semis. I'll be happy if they win the tournament but won't be very disappointed if they do not do so, like in WC 2007!! That is it. I've enjoyed a weeklong overdose of this format where matches have simply blurred into each other!!! You can't call it cricket. It is only to enjoy bighitting, occasional good bowling and terrific fielding standand!!

If the tournament is so meaningless then why were ENG risking the career of their premier fast bowler(Flintoff was literally hobbling in the super 8s round) and why did G Smith play in such excruciating pain in the opening game against the WI? The format is off course a bit of a lottery but so is the 50 over game. Just look at how many 50 over games are ruined by the fact that both teams don't get the similar conditions to bat on...at least in 20/20 conditions are pretty much the same for both teams.

If the tournament is so meaningless then why were ENG risking the career of their premier fast bowler(Flintoff was literally hobbling in the super 8s round) and why did G Smith play in such excruciating pain in the opening game against the WI?
For the exact same reason why England participated in the 1975 World Cup even though purists were up in arms there. The thing is 20/20, 50/50 can all be traced to England. It was invented, or atleast popularized most, in UK. An average International player(say an Indian or Pakistani) has had lot less domestic 20/20 experience than say an English who even have a domestic tournament if I am not mistaken. Heck about 2 years or so back I have seen the "bowled out" funda on YouTube before I saw it in World Cup. SO perhaps they all thought it would be a great run for them. That England still gets kicked out(as they have been from all WC) shows you how sh*tty they truly are :haha: xxx
For the exact same reason why England participated in the 1975 World Cup even though purists were up in arms there. The thing is 20/20, 50/50 can all be traced to England. It was invented, or atleast popularized most, in UK. An average International player(say an Indian or Pakistani) has had lot less domestic 20/20 experience than say an English who even have a domestic tournament if I am not mistaken. Heck about 2 years or so back I have seen the "bowled out" funda on YouTube before I saw it in World Cup. SO perhaps they all thought it would be a great run for them. That England still gets kicked out(as they have been from all WC) shows you how sh*tty they truly are :haha: xxx
and that too with out winning a single game against 4 of the major teams:whatchutalkingabout
and that too with out winning a single game against 4 of the major teams:whatchutalkingabout
Indeed. Read today that British scribes, including Boycott, are now having a real go at Collingwood as a skipper. Lest we forget the same people were head over heels for him before the 20/20. Coming back to the OP, even though for most of us Test cricket is the real deal, 20/20 is another form of cricket. And which right fan wouldnt follow cricket of any form?? Heck I would be happy to sit back and watch a BD-Kenya game on telly even if they were playing French cricket! :dance: xx

20/20 has incredible adrenalin. Almost as much as the Sixes, where in 5 overs the top score once touched 130. I used to think 20/20 was crap, but after this tourney I can see why pundits are saying odis will become extinct. who wants to sit through 50 overs to see a score of 250 when you're getting 200 in 20. But test cricket still rules.

-I think this 20/20 tournament is different from the sixers tournament as I dont think the sixers tournament had a world cup. - I wouldnt say that 20/20 is bad because it favours the batsmen when compared to the ODIs? But are the ODI's not favourable to the batsmen when compared to the Tests. I think the bowlers economy just had to be adjusted in 20/20 and you cannot compare it to the ODIs. Just like one cannot compare the ODIs to the tests -Whether this will replace the ODIs? I think it seriously poses a threat to the ODIs not the Tests. The Tests are here to stay. - The 20/20 is here to stay folks. Teams like Bangladesh are still finding it difficult to beat top class teams. Even if they do, isnt that a good thing to bridge the gap between the minnows and the powerhouses. -There is a lot of drama, ups and down, the match can swing in an over. So the drama is there just like the ODIs or the Tests, albeit not in slow motion like the ODIs or the Tests. -Plus, it would be good to have two world cups every two years. The only thing is that 20/20 will either decrease the number of ODIs or Tests that wil be played,

I didn't watch the game but I will sometime during the next few hours. Quite happy India beat Pakistan and Australia. Even if it's a 5 over a side game I'd be quite happy if India puts one across Pak or Aussies. If India doesn't win the finals I won't lose sleep over it but if they do win as usual will be quite happy.

Guest dada_rocks

exactly for instanc durign match even it was in sliff-hanger stage my heart-beats never changed its normal pace was calling my bank setting thign sright meanwhile stealing glance of score.. This format can't be taken seriously