IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

Well you are left to score 120 off 14 overs if you score only 30 odd in power-plays. If they had scored more the reqd RR would have been lower. At the end of the day they only lost 5 wkts but still lost the match and that was coz the openers were too slow.
but they actually scored 50 odd in 7 overs thats what matters at the end of the day not just what they scored in the powerplay so you cant really complain their partnership for that loss

I say give it to KKD. Who knows after becoming a captain he may stop throwing his wkt when he's batting so well.
That's not how things work in MI... If Punter is not there than people will look for other senior player to lead by example thus putting unnecessary prezzure...especially when the Bhajji captain move failed...

That's not how things work in MI... If Punter is not there than people will look for other senior player to lead by example thus putting unnecessary prezzure...especially when the Bhajji captain move failed...
I would like to see KKD as captain. Bhajji was a poor captain and shouldn't be captain. Period. KKD is one of the senior domestic cricket players, has been around for a few years, commands his place in the side and I would be eager to see what he does. With all due respect to Ponting, he's not exactly a T20 player and he doesn't know the domestic players that well either so KKD is a better option in my view.

Proven opener who can lead the team because MI primadonna doesn't want any responsibilities and wants to open too.. So you need good opening and a captain too...no wonder MI can't win IPL in near future.
:(( Asterix dada MI won the game today. Kamaskam, aaj ke din yeh maayusi wali batein na karein. :icflove:

I would like to see KKD as captain. Bhajji was a poor captain and shouldn't be captain. Period. KKD is one of the senior domestic cricket players' date=' has been around for a few years, commands his place in the side and I would be eager to see what he does. With all due respect to Ponting, he's not exactly a T20 player and he doesn't know the domestic players that well either so KKD is a better option in my view.[/quote'] Only high-profile cricketers will get franchise captaincy. Either an ATG or a current performing international. Domestic cricketers stand no chance.

I would like to see KKD as captain. Bhajji was a poor captain and shouldn't be captain. Period. KKD is one of the senior domestic cricket players' date= has been around for a few years, commands his place in the side and I would be eager to see what he does. With all due respect to Ponting, he's not exactly a T20 player and he doesn't know the domestic players that well either so KKD is a better option in my view.
MI won the Champions League under Bhajji's captaincy. Wouldn't really call him a bad captain.

Only high-profile cricketers will get franchise captaincy. Either an ATG or a current performing international. Domestic cricketers stand no chance.
That's where I disagree. KKD is unlucky to be plying his trade with Dhoni around. During the days of Ratra/Dahiya/Deep Dasgupta etc. he would have been our no. 1 wk without much trouble. He can be a much better captain than the other options.
MI won the Champions League under Bhajji's captaincy. Wouldn't really call him a bad captain.
Bhajji wasn't that good a captain. I recall he was so bad in one of the earlier IPL editions Mumbai had to take away captaincy from him and hand it over to Pollock.

That's where I disagree. KKD is unlucky to be plying his trade with Dhoni around. During the days of Ratra/Dahiya/Deep Dasgupta etc. he would have been our no. 1 wk without much trouble. He can be a much better captain than the other options. Bhajji wasn't that good a captain. I recall he was so bad in one of the earlier IPL editions Mumbai had to take away captaincy from him and hand it over to Pollock.
I'm just giving you the realistic franchise POV. Hypothetically, even if a domestic cricketer has great captaincy skills, he simply wouldn't get the opportunity. If Ponting goes, Tailunt will be the next captain.

Dinesh Kartick should be captain he has enough years on him to be considered experienced. I agree with U_G on this. Dinesh is not just a domestic player. In sum total he has represented India 84 times. That is not a domestic player. Plus he has won the 2007 world cup in T20 and from what i remember he did an ok job in the tournament.