Devon ke Dev mahadev - Love it

Vilander

You have worked hard and are not getting result ,may be it's not ur time or may be their is something else u need to do,some other field,that's how karma works ,karma can make a brahmin dashanan the biggest villain in history of world ravana,karma can make a Brahmin ram into parshuram,karma can make a king trishanku,a sootputra who was surya putra actually one of the most fearsome warrier karna ,who again died a very bad death,karma can made Arjuna the best archer of that time get beaten by nomads"abhira's" in the end even with all his celestial weapons",lord Krishna's death is an example as well,bhishma,drona,dushasan,duryodhan,shalya,shakuni in mahabharata,saddam,hitler,Osama,prabhakaran,kasabare example of this

Like I posted before I agree with the logical part of such a philosophy. It makes sense that some one who keeps putting effort and hard work into learning a particular skill would eventually reap the rewards of his effort. Or someone evil who is pissing off a lot of people will eventually have an enemy come for his throat. This makes perfect sense. What I dont agree that there is a divine force at work trying to reward you for good deeds or trying to punish you for your bad ones. Nor do I agree with the part where punishment/reward comes to you in some hypothetical afterlife.
That's because u r nastik,and believe me punar janam is their ,their have been instances where a person know's about his past life,their was few episodes of Mano ya na mano on star one about this,science is also researching on this.regarding the second part of ur statement ,you see lot of people born poor or with some sort of diseases or deformity or some never live a peaceful life that's coz of their past deeds,again they can change it through good karma,like they say god help those who help themselves .

That's because u r nastik' date='and believe me punar janam is their ,their have been instances where a person know's about his past life,their was few episodes of Mano ya na mano on star one about this,science is also researching on this.regarding the second part of ur statement ,you see lot of people born poor or with some sort of diseases or deformity or some never live a peaceful life that's coz of their past deeds,again they can change it through good karma,like they say god help those who help themselves .[/quote'] I think a true Hindu should be Nastik. Believing is simply blind acceptance of the unknown. Only a Nastik can be seeker.

I think a true Hindu should be Nastik. Believing is simply blind acceptance of the unknown. Only a Nastik can be seeker.
A true Hindu should not be nastik ,he should be aastik but not superstitious,a seeker can be somebody who has faith in his own roots,not blind faith or ignorant,and Hinduism's true form is sanatan dharma and it's not blind acceptance ,it's faith and nobody can know god ,does any body know about what happens after death .

To my understanding, concept of Karma and reading the Vedanta and Bhagvad, Karma is merely your "software". Essential most people's experience of life is at three level mind, body and energy. First two for most people. Body is merely an accumulation. It is acquired. It has its own mechanics and cycles and is moving towards the grave as I type this. Mind is also an accumulation. It is product your conditioning, Dna, memories, parents, teachers, friends experiences etc. Karma is being generated at the level of thought by the tendencies defined by conditioning by this life and previous ( if you believe that, albeit one doesn't have to ). What Bhagvad or Buddha or Patanjali or Mahavir essentially talk about is to see things as they are. But how do you see things as they when your yourself are derivative of derivative of your surroundings and conditioning ? How do you experience life around you beyond the prison of your programming ? The methods prescribed are extremely scientific to loosen or break the conditioning and enhance your intensity of experience of life. Now this whole business Karma as some divine law is more literary and imagination than scientific. But quite simply, as human being, moment you generate a strong thought or emotion be it anger, love, envy or compassion, the person that is most immediately affected is you. And it is further accumulation to your nature which will define certain pattern of your experience. So, to the extent of being in complete control of your human experience and your "Karma", I think these books and ideas have been put forth in a non abstract way. There is Sanskrit word called "Sankara" for which I cant come with appropriate english word. Probably software is rough translation.
I agree that we accumulate experiences, memories etc which do tend to affect us and the people around us. Maybe the right term for this could be consciousness. Till the philosophy of karma says that this consciousness affects our life in both good ways and bad, it makes sense. My disagreement is that karma (or atleast the common understanding of it) includes in itself unprovable theological concepts like that of afterlife and the existence of a divine power

Adoes any body know about what happens after death .
It is very much like how a machine stops working at its expiry date made by human. Human is created by nature. Nature is God. It does not have a divine power but a process which is always going on.

I agree that we accumulate experiences, memories etc which do tend to affect us and the people around us. Maybe the right term for this could be consciousness. Till the philosophy of karma says that this consciousness affects our life in both good ways and bad, it makes sense. My disagreement is that karma (or atleast the common understanding of it) includes in itself unprovable theological concepts like that of afterlife and the existence of a divine power
Same here - "You reap what you sow" is very well understood. The existence of a divine power under whom we are merciless servants is questionable at the very least.

A true Hindu should not be nastik ' date='he should be aastik but not superstitious,a seeker can be somebody who has faith in his own roots,not blind faith or ignorant,and Hinduism's true form is sanatan dharma and it's not blind acceptance ,it's faith and nobody can know god ,does any body know about what happens after death .[/quote'] Believing in something without any evidence is blind faith

It is very much like how a machine stops working at its expiry date made by human. Human is created by nature. Nature is God. It does not have a divine power but a process which is always going on.
I am talking about spirit.

Yea believing in anything without evidence is blind faith' date=' unless it comes from twitter or reddit.[/quote'] Still whining about that. :mama: Dont you have to warn the masses about how BJP carried out the bomb blasts to scare the public into voting for it.

Which I believe is their lack of understanding of "Karma" as explained by Vedas. By the way, I have shifted ,my positions quite drastically over the years. I believe logical mind has its limitations for seeker.

Still whining about that. :mama: Dont you have to warn the masses about how BJP carried out the bomb blasts to scare the public into voting for it.
I think you have a problem of hearing things that were never said. You should get yourself checked by a doctor.

not to derail the thread but then why did God allow someone to be murdered in the first place' date=' was it because he was being punished as well (karma etc)[/quote'] this is such an intrigue isn't it, but if you see in several adaptations God is not shown as one capable of controlling or willing to control free will or fate. God is shown as someone at the optimum trying to alter events leading up to some thing of fate or free will. Besides Shiva in this serial knows about past present and future but chooses not to alter it, Vishnu chooses to meddle with some events that shape future. An other tangent is to imagine the whole concept of God as some alien race whose vast technological advancements our forefathers interpreted as mysticism or the Godly, one could only imagine i suppose.