Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

So' date=' the crowd can only praise the cricketers but can't boo them? Kahaan ka logic hai bhai! By the same yard stick, what will you call Eden Garden's crowd? Arsonists! :facepalm:[/quote'] That was management failure and a minor group of hooligans in the crowd. :--D

the DY patil crowd is no where near similar to the Wankhede crowd. A lot of the north stand comes from the chawls of Mumbai and is lower middle class. Dy Patil crowd is more middle class being from Navi Mumbai. Scarilage to compare the two saurav bhai.

the DY patil crowd is no where near similar to the Wankhede crowd. A lot of the north stand comes from the chawls of Mumbai and is lower middle class. Dy Patil crowd is more middle class being from Navi Mumbai. Scarilage to compare the two saurav bhai.
A lot of Wankhede guys do go to DY Patil also no? Specially for an IPL semi-final? In fact, that day, virtually half of Mumbai was at DY Patil. P.S. The chantmasters are anyway a specific bunch. Some of them travel to Nagpur and Pune as well.

If you read my responses, I have been defending only this particular case from the beginning. I keep talking about the 'cheater' chant, because I even know the exact row in the North Stand where that chant comes from. Even I chanted that in the WI series, and it was all fun and games. You do it for a few seconds, you laugh about it, and then the game continues. You continue with the next chant. Never did I think that this chant can become such an issue. The Mumbai crowd as I said is intense and competitive and does not give an inch. It might lead to overenthusiastic outbursts at times (in fact, I fought with a guy in the 2010 IPL match at DY Patil when he was planning to boo Kumble), but the crowd may have been guilty as well a few times. But overall, the Mumbai crowd is a terrific crowd to watch cricket with. I am not sure whether any other crowd gives as much love to Indian cricketers (current and former - I saw Ganguly getting mobbed with more enthusiasm in Wankhede than at Eden). They are an intense bunch, so at times, they'll might overreact as well.
Crowd that show sportsmanship and follows home team intensely is the best crowd. Also you have to see it from players perspective not your perspective. They are not booing you or abusing you. So you could sit and justify everything they say. If more incidens happen at the same ground the get bad rap. It is natural. Kolkatta earned easy way by forcing police to empty the entire ground, by forcing admins to abandon a world cup semi, by booing against Indian team because Gangu was not include.. Ya sure they are intense.. will that justify their actions?

Crowd that show sportsmanship and follows home team intensely is the best crowd. Also you have to see it from players perspective not your perspective. They are not booing you or abusing you. So you could sit and justify everything they say. If more incidens happen at the same ground the get bad rap. It is natural. Kolkatta earned easy way by forcing police to empty the entire ground' date=' by forcing admins to abandon a world cup semi, by booing against Indian team because Gangu was not include.. Ya sure they are intense.. will that justify their actions?[/quote'] In 99 out of 100 cases, players are sporting and have no issues. Everyone mocked Awana in the T20 against England for his slips and the catches he missed. Did he come out crying saying the crowd booed me? He just looked back embarrassed and continued with his game. And without the enthusiasm of the crowd, all matches would be a damp squib. I also don't think there can be any match played at any stadium where not a single player would be booed.

that will be when you will stop generalising the Mumbai crowd due to some small part of crowd ... And similarly how stupid are you to take the small crowd slogan seriously and discussing repeatedly here ... Consider that also as a banter Your ways slogan chanting crowd = whole Mumbai crowd The little banter = entire mumbais emotion Some of here also claims Mumbai = shiv sena .......wtf????
the same applies to you as well stop generalising all the tamils as racist for an online comment....and Mr.smartguy where did you see me complaining the mumbai crowd for that kohli incident ? and when did you see me discussing about it repeatedly here ? hypocrisy at its best

A lot of Wankhede guys do go to DY Patil also no? Specially for an IPL semi-final? In fact, that day, virtually half of Mumbai was at DY Patil. P.S. The chantmasters are anyway a specific bunch. Some of them travel to Nagpur and Pune as well.
Only a small %. Not that many. Its more of a eastern burbs navi mumbai crowd there. Much more docile. Many of the chant masters you mention have their roots in the sena cadre families whose fathers were mill workers. From Parel to Lalbaugh. In any case, the north stand crowd and chantmasters have diminished drastically in their strength over the years. As i said before the sena got to them good in the aftermath of them booing sachin. Dont think that will ever happen again.

In 99 out of 100 cases, players are sporting and have no issues. Everyone mocked Awana in the T20 against England for his slips and the catches he missed. Did he come out crying saying the crowd booed me? He just looked back embarassed and continued with his game.
Would you have supported Kohli if he had not reacted?

The problem is this X visits G1 and finds all people well behaved viz. just watching the game. Now, X hears about "few players" (note few players, once again I say few players) having problems with the crowd at G2. X then goes on to generalize G2 crowd as the "worst" on the same moral compass he has formed with G1. Justified or not, the generalization is not justified. Trivia - Fill in the blanks for X, G1 and G2. :D

So Chennai crowd is the best ? Actually Chennai crowd , mentality of locals and political scene in TN has been exposed big time during this IPL after the exclusion of SL players. Now the people know that the parties in TN arent any better than the likes of Shiv Sena who are everyone's fav punching bag. Atleast mumbaikars have a valid reason to hold grudge against Pakistan unlike TN where treatment of outsiders in a different country has become an issue. Too bad the Cannibal Sinhalese army isnt going to treat the SL Tamils any better due to these pussified tactics of banning SL players in TN and they can still continue to visit other states.

The problem is this X visits G1 and finds all people well behaved viz. just watching the game. Now, X hears about "few players" (note few players, once again I say few players) having problems with the crowd at G2. X then goes on to generalize G1 crowd as the "worst" on the same moral compass he has formed with G1. Justified or not, the generalization is not justified. Trivia - Fill in the blanks for X, G1 and G2. :D
nerd ..edit this :finger:

Only a small %. Not that many. Its more of a eastern burbs navi mumbai crowd there. Much more docile. Many of the chant masters you mention have their roots in the sena cadre families whose fathers were mill workers. From Parel to Lalbaugh. In any case, the north stand crowd and chantmasters have diminished drastically in their strength over the years. As i said before the sena got to them good in the aftermath of them booing sachin. Dont think that will ever happen again.
Not really. I have watched all Wankhede internationals in the last 2 years and the chants are perfectly there. Don't see what has diminished. Half of Mumbai may not come to DY Patil for a regular match, but a huge lot came for the semi-final.

Would you have supported Kohli if he had not reacted?
I would have been neutral. Nothing to support or anything. I am not saying that Awana did a great thing by not whining when he was mocked. Crowds cheer, crowds boo - yeh crowds ka dharm hai.

The problem is this X visits G1 and finds all people well behaved viz. just watching the game. Now, X hears about "few players" (note few players, once again I say few players) having problems with the crowd at G2. X then goes on to generalize G2 crowd as the "worst" on the same moral compass he has formed with G1. Justified or not, the generalization is not justified. Trivia - Fill in the blanks for X, G1 and G2. :D
:vollkommenauf: