Wimbledon 2013

Sachin=GOD

@Yoda-esque You failed to address even a single point that I have raised so far. I have read all of those comments from the players way before. I have already said a number of times that courts are slower than the '90s, in a sense that players get more time to play. It is a fact the changes they have made in 2001 made them so at Wimbledon. In 2002 two baseliners played in the final may be for the first time ever. I am not contesting that at all. My point is whatever change happened to Wimbledon happened in 2001, In 2006 Federer himself said that he didn't feel it any different than 2001 when he beat Sampras. Remember Nadal played in the final then. In 2010 Nadal said the courts have played the same way ever since he started playing at Wimbledon. I am ready to agree with you that AO may have slowed down even more, but they made that change in 2008 itself and it's been the same since then. My point is it's not getting slower every day. There is no logic to that. For the nth time give a valid explanation as to why the courts are getting slower and slower every year when there hasn't been any change made on them. I have an open mind to accept new ideas. Courts outside the slams have indeed gotten slower on average. There is no carpet less indoor etc. BTW Indian Wells and Miami were never fast hard courts.
Au contraire, you have failed to address any point and in fact have conceded to almost everything that the original argument was raised for. I never said that they are getting slow "every day" so don't put those words in my mouth. I have posted player's quotes that mention that wimbledon has gotten slower over the years , the grass change in 2002 notwithstanding.Notice that they are using the term "slower". My opinions are based on what they say . If you are asking me why they are playing slower, I have no answer. Maybe they changed the balls, maybe weather conditions,maybe the surface wore off..I would not know, but the time it takes from the ball to reach from A to B is more. As for the rest of the courts on the circuit, I have already mentioned that AO,Indian Wells,Miami,Bercy have all gotten slower than they were before. Theres even talk that the US Open is playing slower than before. http://www.tennisviewmag.com/tennis-view-magazine/article/are-court-surfaces-slowing-down-game-does-it-matter

Au contraire' date=' you have failed to address any point and in fact have conceded to almost everything that the original argument was raised for.[/quote'] I have not conceded anything. My point was the slowing process is not a new thing and not a continuous process. Federer won most of his slams, at least all of his Wimbledon on this slow courts itself. This is your comment "The courts are getting slower and slower and so his his foot movement and power. The courts are getting slower and slower and so his his foot movement and power. AO=Djoker FO=Nadal/Djoko Wimby=Murray/Djoker/some new talent USO=Djoker " So can you be specific? When exactly this slowing process began? When you say getting slower and slower, it means it's a continuous process. Don't try to put a spin on it now. Their comments can be inconsistent. Already showed you how in the last comment. You specifically pointed out slams, I have been talking about slams right from the beginning if you haven't noticed.

I have not conceded anything. My point was the slowing process is not a new thing. Federer won most of his slams on this slow courts itself. This is your comment "The courts are getting slower and slower and so his his foot movement and power. The courts are getting slower and slower and so his his foot movement and power. AO=Djoker FO=Nadal/Djoko Wimby=Murray/Djoker/some new talent USO=Djoker " So can you be specific? When you say getting slower and slower, it means it's a continuous process. Don't try to put a spin on it now. Their comments can be inconsistent. Already showed you how. You specifically pointed out slams, I have been talking about slams right from the beginning if you haven't noticed.
Believe what you will.

Dolgopolov has no one to blame but himself. All match his play was up and down, up and down. Brilliant winner followed by a pathetic miss. Djokovic's return game today was superb, but Chardy was poor, no intensity and simply didn't do enough on Djokovic's serve either. Strange look to the 4th round line up, let's see how it pans out.

Gasquet fails deliver again. Nice to see Tomic playing well though some intriguing matches for the top half of draw Tomic v Berdych and Novak vs Haas Other half Murray was a piss easy waltz to the final- on paper it could be Youzhny, Verdasco then probably Janowicz who may cause some problems but no where in Murrays class Id be surprised if Murray dropped a set before the final Id love to see Del Potro beat Ferrer in QFs, Novak in Semis and Murray in final...

Gasquet fails deliver again. Nice to see Tomic playing well though some intriguing matches for the top half of draw Tomic v Berdych and Novak vs Haas Other half Murray was a piss easy waltz to the final- on paper it could be Youzhny, Verdasco then probably Janowicz who may cause some problems but no where in Murrays class Id be surprised if Murray dropped a set before the final Id love to see Del Potro beat Ferrer in QFs, Novak in Semis and Murray in final...
:nono: Djoker will make all these jokers look silly

^hehe. I cant see Haas beating Novak, but it will be a good match may take a set off him. I really want JMDP to win it , hes a top player and had it not been for wrist he would have added to that '09 USO win...not to mention just having someone break the 'top 3 or 4' will be great for tennis. It'll be great if he earns this the hard way- beat Ferrer, Novak and Murray. Would like to see Berdych go on a good run too, but want a Novak v JMDP semi.. so Novak has to beat T-Berd in the QFs..which he should, but thatll be a good match Berdych when in the mood can be great to watch

Do you guys have to endure the horrid commentary of Andrew Castle as well? That guy completely ruins what should be a wonderful experience watching top quality tennis. He is the Arun Lal/Ranjit Fernando of the tennis world. Someone we could really do without.