Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

Ask Dada' date=' Kumble, Srinath and Dravid about 2003 WC, [i']bakion ne (Sachin, Yuvi, Bhajji, Zaheer, Nehra) to 2011 mein ganga mein dubki laga li :--D
any sane person will know india were by far the 2nd best team inthat wc,that aus team was just something else,by far the best undisputed team ever.. even our team which won the wc in 2011 would most certainly lose to that aus side..
:laugh: This post is so epic on many levels. The MOTM of the WC final did not play the Top 5 innings in the match.
huh?where did he say that ? he said-At least 5 players had better contribution than Dhoni in that WC win he is not talking about the finals only
huh?where did he say that ? he said-At least 5 players had better contribution than Dhoni in that WC win he is not talking about the finals only
Then I misread his post - I thought he was talking about the finals. In any case, saneindian has also written something about it.
:laugh: This post is so epic on many levels. The MOTM of the WC final did not play the Top 5 innings in the match.
As adi has already pointed out that I clearly meant his contribution towards overall WC win not just final. His innings in final was second best from Indian side.
very good point in favor of MSD and my abhimanyu claims.. :nervous: when you are crossing the river , better cross it fully .. MSD did ph.d in that department :icflove:
This is one of the reasons why I do not reply seriously to you and most of the people don't (Apart from the fact of your obvious admission that you indulge in these things only for trolling and riling fellow posters and not for discussions) An opener is never a finisher. In no team he is. If an opener needs to play till 50 overs, he will always end up scoring 150+ and that's still a rare score in ODIs. On the other hand, someone at dhoni's position only needs to score 70 to 80 runs to remain not out and 'finsih' things. Two different roles in a ODI team And of course. Dhoni will be better than Sachin at finishing, that's what Dhoni has done throughout his career just as Sachin will be better than Dhoni in opening in ODIs and facing new ball
So Gambhir played that great knock in April 2011 and therefore he should be in the squad for Zimbabwe in July 2013? :hysterical: Didn't know hate for Dhoni can lead to such wonderful logic!
No. I agree that based on current performance Gambhir doesn't have very strong case of being in team and that how it should be. My comment was on tendency of dhoni fanboyz to suggest that because of that WC innings he has achieved immortality and that innings single handedly ensures that he is best ever or among the best ever.
he couldnt. my friend. he was just hoping that someone like MSD came and won him a WC
So just for the sake of demeaning Sachin, you are completely ignoring the contributions of players like Gambhir and Yuvraj by stating MSD single-handely won the WC? This is the height of being pathethic and is the same logic Pakistanis use to hype up Inzamam .MSD made much less or on par contribution than Gambhir Yuvraj and Sachin Of course you ignore Sachin's contribution towards our WC wins in the quarters, Semis and group stage because that's the kind of person you really are. And you will come with an example of WC 2003 as the importance of Dhoni's innings in the overall win. But then I will come up with examples of WC 92, 96, 99 and 2007 as examples of the importance of Sachin's innings to the overall win, without which we would have exited the world cup at those stages
And of course. Dhoni will be better than Sachin at finishing, that's what Dhoni has done throughout his career just as Sachin will be better than Dhoni in opening in ODIs and facing new ball
:hatsoff:
Only an Indian can think an opener can ever be a 'finisher'
and again only indians compare a finisher with the opener ( here a paki ) :giggle: but few sachin fans argued that if sachin starts finishing the things he would be better than MSD ..
:hatsoff: and again only indians compare a finisher with the opener ( here a paki ) :giggle: but few sachin fans argued that if sachin starts finishing the things he would be better than MSD ..
We are comparing their overall efficiency as ODI players. An opener does not need to 'finish' innings to be a good bat. So just based on this point, Dhoni's overall superiority is not proved This is like a team winning a 4 X 100 relay race and then credit only going to the last runner who crossed the line

@ MTC its natural to expect not everyone will pick sachin ahead of MSD in the team .. but few sensitive fans shld understand this :--D sachin is a badass player but he got one of the worst set of fans who wants to credit anything and everything to him

So just for the sake of demeaning Sachin, you are completely ignoring the contributions of players like Gambhir and Yuvraj by stating MSD single-handely won the WC? This is the height of being pathethic and is the same logic Pakistanis use to hype up Inzamam .MSD made much less or on par contribution than Gambhir Yuvraj and Sachin Of course you ignore Sachin's contribution towards our WC wins in the quarters, Semis and group stage because that's the kind of person you really are. And you will come with an example of WC 2003 as the importance of Dhoni's innings in the overall win. But then I will come up with examples of WC 92, 96, 99 and 2007 as examples of the importance of Sachin's innings to the overall win, without which we would have exited the world cup at those stages
kind of person I am? you are speaking more like a Pakistani. greatest ODI cricketer it says. not batsman. None of the pundits were as good as Dhoni to let India win a WC. You are entitled to your opinion. I am to mine. Greatest ODI cricketer of the two. Dhoni miles ahead. Sachin is for the masses, dhoni for the classes. cricket is a team game, but one who can carry that team is the real boss, along with the numbers for batting and then 300 balls situps.
@ MTC its natural to expect not everyone will pick sachin ahead of MSD in the team .. but few sensitive fans to shld understand this :--D sachin is a badass player but he got one of the worst set of fans who wants to credit anything and everything to him
rightly put.his blind fans are the one who actually put him down more often that not
We are comparing their overall efficiency as ODI players. An opener does not need to 'finish' innings to be a good bat. So just based on this point, Dhoni's overall superiority is not proved This is like a team winning a 4 X 100 relay race and then credit only going to the last runner who crossed the line
well it actually does you know. even in soccer one who scores the goal takes a of of credit. plus a captain in an ODI game has to make multiple decision. batting order. bowling changes. field placings. then if he is a WK, has to do 300 situps and then score at an average of 50 plus and win games. what more do you want from an ODI player?
well it actually does you know. even in soccer one who scores the goal takes a of of credit. plus a captain in an ODI game has to make multiple decision. batting order. bowling changes. field placings. then if he is a WK, has to do 300 situps and then score at an average of 50 plus and win games. what more do you want from an ODI player?
:WTF: i already told you not to sleep while using a forum
see this is why you shouldn dream too much, now your posting it in an online forum too :cantstop:
:phehehe:
Only an Indian can think an opener can ever be and needs to be a 'finisher'. What next' date=' SRT can never be the wicket keeper Gilchrist was or the bowler Wasim was?[/quote'] You missed the point. SRT played about 80-90 games in the same position that MSD played in and could not finish games like him As a batsman, wicketkeeper and captain, he brings more value and balance to the Indian team. Therefore, I rate him higher than SRT in ODIs .